PDA

View Full Version : A BIG HELLO TO ALL .... (Long)

Gayle in MD
10-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone,
Just thought I would say hello. Wanted to let you all know that I am still hoblin' around. I have had a little time, from time to time, to log on and keep up with all you great folks here on CCB, just not enough time to post.

I just want to say how happy I am to hear the Chris Cass is doing so well now. Way to go Chris and Heidi. I know that all here on the CCB were pulling for you guys. Congratulations on your recovery. I am so very happy for you.

I really enjoyed all the pictures from the open that Wendy posted. Thanks Wendy, that was a real treat.

Sounds like you all had a great time in VA. Beach. Wish I could have been there. I am definately going to go next year.

BTW, I won a trophy, (my first big trophy) for first place team in the summer league. It is huge and gaudy as can be, lol. Guess that's good huh? I really enjoyed the strategy involved in being captain for the team, doing the line up and so forth.

Oh yeah, and brace yourselves for this one, I was talked into playing in the money tournament one night at the end of the league evening, everyone puts in five bucks, single elimination, winner takes all. Walked away with eighty-five bucks after beating the three top players in our league, lol. It seems I am the first woman to win. That's the good news, the bad news is that that very same weekend, while in Ocean City, I slipped out alone to shoot at this waterfront bar where I go to shoot occasionally. So in comes these three guys, pretty well lit, and they start up with, "Oh, must be the Black Widow, she's got a glove, and got her own stick, yeah, well I can kick her a$$" Well, you know the type, so I don't know, guess it was the money win on league night, but the words just flew outta my big mouth, "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" So anyway, walked out of there an hour later with sixty-five bucks! Hope this isn't a bad sign, lol. If Howie was still around here he would get a laugh out of that one! Fran, where are you Fran????

We survived Isabel, just barely. A one hundred and fifty foot oak tree fell from our woods and just scraped the casement on our basement window. Really gives me the creeps to think what could have happened. When we lost our electric, we packed up and went to Ocean City for the rest of the week.

Unfortunately, many of the nice water front restaurants in our area have lost their dock bars and piers, many marinas also are now without docks and slips and piers, and many friends have lost their boats and homes.

We had our boat pulled and blocked in Ocean City, and it is fine. The ocean coast in Maryland didn't get hit as hard as the Chesapeake bay, and the rivers and creeks that feed into the bay. We were very lucky here at our home.

Oh, and one funny for the day, Yesterday, my daughter brought Emma, my 4 1/2 year old grand daughter, over to the restraurant where our league now plays. They just stopped in early for a few minutes so some of my old friends could see Emma before the league started, while there wasn't too much smoke around.

So Emma is watching me practice against the top shooter in our league, a guy I grew up with, great shooter. used to make his living shooting pool when he was younger. Anyway, Emma hears us here at home when we are shooting and joking around together, so when I put the eight ball in, Emma looks over at him and yells out, "Rack em up loser!" She brought the house down with that one!

Well anyway friends, it has been great hearing from those of you who have sent me e-mails over the summer, and I just wanted to say hello to all and share a few sotries with you guys and gals. Big hugs and kisses to all. Now that it is getting cold again I will be staying in touch.

Love,
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
10-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Wow.. Gayle.. welcome back.. I can't wait to see you posting more..

Tom

cueball1950
10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
Welcome HOME gayle. you have been missed. Wished i could have been there to see your granddaughter in action. would have been rolling on the floor laughing. Hope to see more posts from you...............................mike

stickman
10-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Good to see you back, Gayle. I'm glad Isabel spared you her full wrath.

CarolNYC
10-02-2003, 03:08 AM
A trophy, winning money, kicking a$$ and spending time with family-its ALL GOOD! You go girl!
Carol~glad cold weathers back-sending e-mail! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 03:46 AM
Hi there Tom, well thank you, and I am glad to be back. Have made up my mind that this year I will make it a top priority to attend more pool functions so I may meet more of you over the winter and spring. Looking at Wendy's pictures has made me realize how much I am missing. Hope to meet you in person this year, Tom, and really looking forward to that!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Thank you Mike, and boy, she is a doll for sure, our pride and joy, the image of her mother too. She's a lucky little girl, with the best parents a kid could have. I'm just so proud of all of them.
Thanks again Mike, and I hope to meet you in person this year!
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Hi there friend, and good luck to you in your "New Life" kiddo. Yeah, Isabel really took a toll around here. Here we were so worried about the boat being near the Ocean, and things were so much worse right here where we live, near the Chesapeake Bay. I hate to think what would have happened had she remained a level 5.

Good luck and take care...
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Hello there you huggin' kissin' fool, how the hell are you and that sweet man of yours doing? Carol, we have just got to get together this year. Are you going to Arnold Md. next week for the CAT tournament? I was thinking I might go.
I hope you had a great summer kiddo, and hope to see you soon! Give Jim a big hug and kiss for me, I know you know how to do that!

Love,
GAyle.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
10-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Thank you, Gayle. I'm glad you're still around. Sounds like you've been quite busy lately. I'm thrilled that you've done so well with the trophies and all. Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder of what you are capable of. Great job!

Take care and don't be a stranger, LOL.

Heide

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

...so when I put the eight ball in, Emma looks over at him and yells out, "Rack em up loser!"...

<hr /></blockquote>

LMAO !!!

Kids say the darndest things /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hey wanna talk politics soon? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Me and eg8r need a new sparring partner LOL

CarolNYC
10-02-2003, 06:30 AM
YEP-Yep-Yep!
Carol~sent you info!:)

eg8r
10-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Gayle, great to see you back.

[ QUOTE ]
So Emma is watching me practice against the top shooter in our league, a guy I grew up with, great shooter. used to make his living shooting pool when he was younger. Anyway, Emma hears us here at home when we are shooting and joking around together, so when I put the eight ball in, Emma looks over at him and yells out, "Rack em up loser!" She brought the house down with that one! <hr /></blockquote> This is the funniest thing I have heard. I loved that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things".

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
10-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Nice to see you survived the Isabel ordeal. How was Black Marlin season? Good to see ya still kickin'!!

Kato
10-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Always great to hear from you Gayle. I'd really love to meet you next September, it would be great. Really nice to see you cranking out the $$$$$ against these guys and good for you and your captaincy. It's a tough sled and for me it wasn't worth it. I'm pretty sure it takes a different type of person to be a captain. That would be you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Take care. I'll e-mail you when I get home.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Welcome back, Gayle! Congrats on your trophy, gawdy like you said but what the hell, a trophy is a trophy! Good going on winning the $85 and so you lost $20, big deal. Just keep on taking names and kicking a$$. Glad you enjoyed the pics and I hope you can make it next year 'cause unfortunately the pics don't capture the true fun that was had. Glad to see you back.

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Hi Wendy, thank you kiddo, and ....well, that's not exactly what I meant about the money, ah, what I meant was, ahem, that I walked out the door with ANOTHER $65.00, so that was $150.00 altogether for that week, lol, I beat up on all three of them, LMAO. The reason I said, "The bad news is..." is because I am worried I'll get hooked on the gambling! Not really.
Oh I'm sure no one could capture in a picture how much fun you guys had. I really enjoyed those pics. I just have to go next year. That's all there is to it!
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey friend, you know me, always up for an interesting debate, lol. I hate to say I told ya so, but I knew the cowboy would regret all the emphases on WMD's, instead of taking the humanitarian angle. Now it's back to haunt him. WHERE ARE YOU eg8r? LOL
Hope all is well with you Wally, nice hearing from you.
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:45 PM
VOOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WOW, how are you friend? Great to hear from you. Fishing wasn't very good this year in OC. Oh, we got some Tuna and Dolphin and Shark, but the Marlin fishing was really off. Too much rain and too cold I guess. Maybe next year though. Come on up! Can't wait to meet you and Kato!
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi there friend, and yes, kids are the best part of life. I like that show too. So, what are we going to argue about this winter, LOL? WE don't want to let things get too dull around here, huh?

Good hearing from you friend,
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Thank you Heidi, and I sure have thought of you guys many many times this summer. It was great to see you all looking so well in Wendy's pictures. BTW, do you guys ever hear from Jim S.? I really miss him on here. Does he ever post anymore? Please give him my love, he's a gret guy, and love to you all Heidi...
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
10-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Great Kato, I;ll look forwar to that, just make sure you identify yourself, "The Prick" (That's what I call my computer) had a virus this summer, and I don't open ANYTHING anymore unless I know who sent it. Can';t wait to meet you friend.
Love.
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Karatemom
10-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Actually, we have not heard from Jim S. in quite a while, at least a year now. Last Chris talked to him, he wasn't shooting much and was involved with something else, not sure what though. He was fine health-wise though. There's a couple of posters here that we haven't heard from in a quite a while and wonder if they're alright.

Heide

Sid_Vicious
10-02-2003, 05:28 PM
I name from the past pops back up outta the blue here once in a while, and yes I too wonder about several who've seemingly vanished.

Great to see you back Gayle! sid

Barbara
10-02-2003, 05:35 PM
Gayle!

Glad to see you back! Glad to hear you made it through Isabel, too!. We didn't get as much rain up here as they predicted and the winds weren't too bad. But I have to tell you about the stuff Pete and I saw happening before Isabel.

Pete and I took off the Tuesday before Isabel hit and went sailing. We saw these huge private fishing boats (we call them "Seafoods") coming up the Delaware in groups of 3 and 4 and 5s. Forty To Fifty footers and then some. not the kind of fishing boats you see on the Delaware, but out in the ocean. And with the high flying bridges to spot marlins and sailfish and stuff. Anyway, quite a few of them turned into the 4-marina area (Riverside, NJ) where we dock, but the bigger ones had to go further up to Burlington, NJ. Pete and I counted 17 in all, and we're thinking, "What the heck?", and it dawned on us that they were coming in for safe harbor from the Atlantic City area.

Then Pete went to check up on our boat Thursday night after the worst of Isabel passed and saw this huge private yatch parked next to the Riverton Yatch Club. I had off on Friday and drove down to the river and saw it. It was at least a hundred feet. Gorgeous, to say the least! Then Pete and I drove back at 5 pm and watched as it pulled anchor and turned to go downriver. It was registered out of the Caymans, and it's name was "Mi Gaea". We did a Google search on it when we came home and found out it's 155 feet and considered a "Mega Yatch". Boy, you just don't see something like that every day! What a treat!

I feel for those who lost their boats, we were sure scared about ours and bundled her up tight. The storm surge up the river was about 4 feet above normal at high tide - that's more scarier than the winds!

Glad you're back. Now go dust off that trophy Woman!

Barbara~~~doesn't dust hers off anymore, just keeps them in the basement /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
10-02-2003, 05:38 PM
There's a couple of posters here that we haven't heard from in a quite a while and wonder if they're alright.

Yeah, like Troy. Does anyone know anything about Troy?

Barbara

Rod
10-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Hy Gayle,

Good to hear from you. Jeez, people dissapear and you never know what happened. Well now we do, you've been playing pool, er well you've been out hustling pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good to hear you survived the storm, I had forgot you lived in the area until I saw your name.

Rod

Gayle in MD
10-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Thank you Barbara,
I'm sure a lot of those boats you saw in the Delaware, had launched right out of our marina, Ocean City Fishing Center, or the marina right next to us, Sunset Marina. Most of the larger off shore sport fishing boats that travel north during the summer for the Marlin and Tuna action, dock in Ocean City Md., and many of them in our marina. Ocean City Maryland is supposed to be the "Marlin Capital of the World" Although this was not a good Marlin year, there were still many Marlin caught in OC this year. Every year on the first monday in August, Ocean City holds the White Marlin Open, and there are so many HUGE sport fishing boats in the Marina during July and August. It's really fun to see them.

I have seen the "SHIP" you speak of, as it has been docked at Sunset before. Man, it is really gorgeous isn't it? Awesome.

The wind here was just incredible. There are woods behind my home as far as one can see, and they are filled with huge oaks, many of them hundreds of years old. The high winds were so strong, and the ground still so wet from all the rain, that when the wind hit the tops of those trees, many were just blown over, leaving root balls ten to fifteen feet high. In front of my house lay the Marsh at the end of Gales' Creek, which is one of the creeks feeding the West river. I just can't tell you how fortunate we were not to have any flooding in our neighborhood. We are just lucky that where we live, the ground is just a bit higher than the edge of other creeks that shoot off the West River, and also by water, Gales' creek is kind of around the corner and up in a kind of hook. The old timers around here say that the water was higher than the big Hurricane of the thirties, which cut the inlet into Ocean City Maryland.

I couldn't get over the pictures of Annapolis Harbor, which is a bit north of us. Both Baltimore and Annapolis were under water, and people were actually motoring through the streets in boats only. In our area, Southern Anne Arundel County, sixty three homes were lost.

Fortunately, here in South County, there are just so many good people, and fund raisers are already being planned for those folks who need assistance. FEMA officials are everywhere, and in time, things will be back to normal again. But, thank God Isabel weakened by the time she arrived, or my story would be very different I am sure.

Good to hear from you Barbara, and you should sail down to OC this summer and get a trans slip in our Marina. WE would have a blast!

You take care now friend...
Love,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
10-03-2003, 12:55 AM
HEY SID, WAZZUP kiddo, how you doin'...fine I hope. Thanks for the welcome, I have really missed you guys. Looking forward to catching up. Gotta feeling it's going to be a long winter this year, so we'll all have plenty of time BS....
Later friend,
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-03-2003, 01:02 AM
LMAO.... How you doin' Rod, and thanks. Yeah, I have been shooting a lot, but you would think I would be shooting great by now. Well, I have improved a lot, but still a long long way to go, and probably no where near the level of most of you guys. But, what the hay, I'm havin' fun!

Good to hear from you Rod...
You take care now,
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Hi Gayle, it's good to hear from you.
Congrats on the playing and I'm happy the tree missed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi Rich, didn't see this until today, sorry. Thank you BTW, and do say hi to Kathy...Hope you guys are well and happy friend.
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
10-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Guess who misses you? ME! hahahahah

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi there, you sweet man...guess who missed you more??
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif