PDA

View Full Version : Poor Old StupidRush *DELETED*

Ward
10-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Post deleted by Ward

eg8r
10-02-2003, 06:48 AM
His statement on ESPN was stupid.

As far as Clinton, he has nothing to laugh about.

eg8r

OnePocketChamp
10-02-2003, 06:56 AM
Rush is gone, long live the new King----Oliver North!!!!!!

Ward
10-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Eg89

I don't know, I saw a snipped of Clinton in CA. and he was chuckling about the tax break he got from GW......

Later

cheesemouse
10-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Oh gee, another sanctimonious, self-righteous, moralistic blow hard right winger bits the dust...what a surprise....LOL

I'm sure you guys that love this mouthpiece think it's a Clinton conspiracy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
10-02-2003, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you guys that love this mouthpiece think it's a Clinton conspiracy... <hr /></blockquote> I am not a big Rush fan by any means, but I will defend him. There is nothing that he said that was racist. All that happened was that he mentioned race. That was the problem. There is no problem with a liberal (any liberal) mentioning a person's race, but as soon as a Conservative does it, they are being racist.

eg8r

Ward
10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Eg8r

I wouldn't expect anything less from you. LOL

Later

eg8r
10-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Do you disagree with my post????

eg8r

cheesemouse
10-02-2003, 10:35 AM
eg8r,

I was refering more to the short haired druggie problem he may have...that could be hard to fad.....his statements about the quarterback will probably increase his stature with his brownshirt audience but the other will be interesting to watch play out...

eg8r
10-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Ahh yes. The drug problem. Did the news say what type of drugs?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 10:45 AM
CBS SportsLine wire reports
March 25, 1998

MADISON, Wis. -- Most people invited to speak to the Wisconsin Legislature give five minutes of pleasantries, get a few moments of applause and go home.

Lawmakers weren't expecting the earful Reggie White had in store for them Wednesday.

They thought the Green Bay Packers star and ordained minister came to talk about his community work and a recent trip to Israel.

White did, but his nearly hour-long speech also included remarks on homosexuality, race and slavery that turned the Assembly's applause to stunned silence.

White said the United States has gotten away from God, in part by allowing homosexuality to "run rampant."

HOMOSEXUALITY IS a sin, and the plight of gays and lesbians should not be compared to that of blacks, White told lawmakers.

"Homosexuality is a decision, it's not a race," White said. "People from all different ethnic backgrounds live in this lifestyle. But people from all different ethnic backgrounds also are liars and cheaters and malicious and back-stabbing."

White said he has thought about why God created different races. Each race has certain gifts, he said.

Blacks are gifted at worship and celebration, White said.

<font color="red">"If you go to a black church, you see people jumping up and down because they really get into it," he said. </font color>

Whites are good at organization, White said.

"You guys do a good job of building businesses and things of that nature, and <font color="red">you know how to tap into money,"</font color> he said.

"Hispanics were gifted in family structure, and <font color="red">you can see a Hispanic person, and they can put 20, 30 people in one home."</font color>

THE JAPANESE AND other <font color="red">Asians are inventive, and "can turn a television into a watch," </font color> White said.

Indians are gifted in spirituality, he said.

<font color="red"> On Native Americans: "(they avoided slavery because they) knew the territory, and the Indians knew how to sneak up on people." </font color>

"When you put all of that together, guess what it makes: It forms a complete image of God," White said.

White said later that his comments were about coming together as a society and were not meant to stereotype the races.

"This is the first time I've been at a loss for words," Assembly Minority Leader Walter Kunicki, D-Milwaukee, said after White's speech. "You can still tell from the tension in the room that much of this was offensive."

White was invited to speak by Assembly Speaker Scott Jensen, R-Waukesha.

Jensen called White's comments about homosexuality "disappointing." Homosexuality is a genetic predisposition, not a decision, Jensen said.

Rep. Tammy Baldwin, a Madison Democrat and the Legislature's only openly gay member, said she disagreed with White's remarks, but as a lawmaker believed in putting aside personal feelings to promote a "healthy debate."

CBS SPORTS spokeswoman Leslie Ann Wade declined to comment on White's speech or whether his remarks would affect his chances for a studio analyst's job. White has auditioned for a commentating job at the network.

<font color="blue">CBS fired football analyst Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder in 1988 for saying that blacks had been "bred from slavery" to make better athletes.</font color>

"CBS doesn't accept bias from any of its announcers of any kind," Wade said.

Iowashark
10-02-2003, 10:46 AM
I agree with eg8r here. What Rush Limbaugh said was not racist. It's actually comes down to statistics. Which quarterbacks have better agility when it comes to avoiding sacks and scrambling for yards. Michael Vick, Donavon McNabb, Aaron Brooks, Byron Leftwich (in college anyway). This is not a racist comment. Rush was just stating that in the NFL there are certain things expected of the black quarterback that aren't expected from the white quarterbacks.

His only mistake was to bring up race, even though it wasn't a racist comment. That and apparently he liked to get a little greased in his off time.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Back in the late 1980s, Isiah Thomas made an infamous remark about Larry Bird. The essence of it was this: The reason Larry Legend was so revered was because of the pasty-white pigment of his country-bumpkin skin.

THOMAS JUMPED ON something Dennis Rodman said in 1987 that Bird would just be another NBA player if he were black.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 11:00 AM
NBA's Charles Barkley, annoyed at reporters' post-game questions, said, <font color="red">"That's what I hate about white people." </font color> No League comment. Sir Charles just being Sir Charles, right?

Ward
10-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Wally

What's your point? Everyone knows there are dummies in all races and colors. This is not the first nor will it be the last incident. Rush has the right to say what he want's and as Eg8r says (Dixie Chicks) people have the right to react as they choose. It appears that Rush won't like the backlash.

Later

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2003, 12:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ward:</font><hr> Wally

What's your point? Everyone knows there are dummies in all races and colors. This is not the first nor will it be the last incident. Rush has the right to say what he want's and as Eg8r says (Dixie Chicks) people have the right to react as they choose. It appears that Rush won't like the backlash.

Later <hr /></blockquote>

My point is there's a double standard. None of these guys were reprimanded or fired for their bigoted statements.

According to the liberal mindset black folks need to be protected from hurtful words while white people are supposed to be able to "take it"

Wally~~thinks black folks don't need white folks to protect them.

Kato
10-02-2003, 12:16 PM
The Daily News, without identifying its source, reported Thursday that Limbaugh was being investigated by the Palm Beach County state attorney's office. The newspaper said it had confirmed the allegations, first reported by the National Enquirer. CNN reported Thursday that sources close to the investigation said Limbaugh had turned up as a buyer of powerful painkillers but that he was not the target of the investigation.

Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County state attorney's office, told The Associated Press his office could neither confirm nor deny that an investigation was under way.

The Enquirer had interviewed Wilma Cline, who said she became Limbaugh's drug connection after working as his maid, according to the Daily News. She said that Limbaugh had abused OxyContin and other painkillers.
------------------------------------------------------------

It's reported in the National Equirer so how reputible is that. I read a few reports today but this is the only one that says Oxy in it.

Kato~~~will not comment on Rush's dumba$$ remark.

eg8r
10-02-2003, 01:32 PM
I think 60 minutes did a show on OxyContin.

I wonder how much pain Rush went through with the ear issue last year. I understand that it is easy to get addicted to that stuff.

eg8r

Kato
10-02-2003, 01:43 PM
I had an ex-girlfriend that was in NA. She said that her NA group was filled with lawyers and stock brokers addicted to Oxy. No crack addicts, no herion junkies. I understand it's unbelievably powerful stuff and is not to be triffled with.

Kato~~~uses OxyClean, not OxyContin.

Qtec
10-03-2003, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OxyContinÒ is an opioid agonist and a Schedule II controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to morphine <hr /></blockquote>

He was probably high when he made his stupid, stupid remark.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2003, 07:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I think 60 minutes did a show on OxyContin.

<font color="blue">That's one of the drugs that my Monday night league teammate had in his system when he died. The stuff is all over the place around here and in Kentucky. </font color>

I wonder how much pain Rush went through with the ear issue last year.

<font color="blue">Tony Snow said yesterday that Rush was in incredible pain from that. The infection basically consumed his inner ear and eardrums. He said it was like swimmer's ear multiplied by 100.

Not making excuses mind you.

You know this does not really make sense. With all his money and his connections you would think he could get all the medication he needed legally. Like Elvis /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

I understand that it is easy to get addicted to that stuff.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

TomBrooklyn
10-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Rush Limbaugh said (http://canada.com/sports/story.html?id=A9E4C1A6-FEE6-4595-B31E-E1810CE18469) "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well."

He also said: "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defence carried this team,"

In recent years, television, radio, and print mediums have run many commercials and advertisements promoting civil rights and equality for Blacks. Aren't those paid advertisements, and does anyone really believe the corporations profiting from them are beyond bias in supporting the causes of one of their revenue source customers?

Many United State institutions such as colleges openly give preference to Blacks through affirmative action programs, although these apply to general admission or specific areas outside of their sports programs which retain purely skill based criteria.

And many local, state and federal government agencies have or have recently had quotas or goals for hiring blacks and have employed lower admission requirements for awarding those jobs to Blacks than to Whites.

With all that, it seems to me the Government, colleges, and others engaged in similar activities are guilty of racism, not Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh was being critical of the NFL, the media, and Donovan McNabb's skill, not being critical of Blacks.

While Rush's comments could have been used as a launching point for an open debate; they were instead, typical for the current social and political climate in this country, swept under the carpet and locked behind a door many Blacks and White Apologists for past civil rights violations don't want opened.

TomBk

eg8r
10-03-2003, 09:23 AM
Well said.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2003, 09:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>

......While Rush's comments could have been used as a launching point for an open debate; ..... <hr /></blockquote>

How many times have I heard this:

<font color="blue">We need a dialogue on race. </font color>

But every time some white guy starts a "dialogue" that veers even a centimeter off of the politically correct path, he's labeled a rascist. So folks just clam up lest they be labeled as such. Some dialogue.

Harrumph...

Qtec
10-03-2003, 11:04 AM
We all know that in sport its your performance that matters. Basketball is the proof of that.
Rush implied that McNabb was the quarterback because he was BLACK, not on merit.
He SAID that the praise from the press was only because he was BLACK,not on merit.

He brought the race question into a sporting event and coming from someone with his reputation ,one has to question his motives.

He could have just said "he is over-rated".
No.
He just had to say that McNabb was over-rated because he was black.

Q

eg8r
10-03-2003, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He just had to say that McNabb was over-rated because he was black. <hr /></blockquote> Once again you cannot comprehend what you read. This might happen during your translation period.

eg8r

Iowashark
10-03-2003, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
Rush implied that McNabb was the quarterback because he was BLACK, not on merit.
He SAID that the praise from the press was only because he was BLACK,not on merit.

He brought the race question into a sporting event and coming from someone with his reputation ,one has to question his motives.

He could have just said "he is over-rated".
No.
He just had to say that McNabb was over-rated because he was black.

Q

<hr /></blockquote>

See Q, now you're just making stuff up to back up your accusations. Rush said that the media expects certain things out of a black quarterback. Which is true, not just the media, but the NFL. They expect them to scramble more for yardage. He never once said the only reason McNabb was quarterback was because he was black. He also never said he was overrated because he was black. What he said was that by statistical comparison to other black quarterbacks in the NFL, McNabb is sub-par.

Am I wrong?

Dave~~~~sometimes feels this topic causes too much unnecessary ruccus.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2003, 11:27 AM
"Bryan Cox has long been noted for his propensity to speak whatever is on his mind. Athletes with big opinions and even bigger mouths are nothing new, but Cox is working OT to position himself as the poster child of Foot-in-Mouth disease.

Appearing on FOX's Best Damn Sports Show Period, Cox took Atlanta LB Keith Brooking to the woodshed. "Sucks," is how Cox described the two-time Pro Bowler, adding that Brooking was the <font color="red">latest great white hype. </font color> "

<font color="blue">Was Bryan Cox fired for this? </font color>

Qtec
10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Let me put it this way.

Imagine after the game Rush interviews McNabb.

Rush&lt; Congrats on the win 'Bro'.

McNabb&lt; Well thanks Rush.

Rush&lt; Although you won your last game, I wasnt impressed with your performance. I felt your defence carried you.

McNabb&lt; Well Rush, everybody is entitled to their opinion,but I'm afraid the Press doesnt agree with you.

Rush&lt; You do know that they are only praising you because you are BLACK, dont you?

get my drift?

Q

Iowashark
10-03-2003, 01:36 PM

get my drift?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

If you're talking about a slow, gradual drift from reality and the obvious.....yes, yes I do.

Qtec
10-03-2003, 11:35 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

McNabb took what Rush said as an insult.

Was he wrong?
Q

eg8r
10-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Ward,

Why did you delete your post????

eg8r

bluewolf
10-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I never liked Rush. Back when he had his radio show,I used to argue with my dad all the time. He put down everything, even animal rights. Done in humor but some things he said, imo were not funny.

I once saw this bumper sticker that summed up my sentiments exactly. It said 'flush rush'.

eg8r
10-04-2003, 07:23 AM
That has nothing to do with what Rush said!

eg8r

bluewolf
10-04-2003, 07:30 AM
eG8r,

Guess not. I should have added that he has been saying crappy bigoted stuff for so long, that if Rush gets in trouble over this racist remark, then it is a case of what 'goes around comes around'. imo.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2003, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>.....I should have added that he has been saying crappy bigoted stuff for so long, that if Rush gets in trouble over this racist remark, then it is a case of what 'goes around comes around'. imo.

Laura <hr /></blockquote>

I would be interested in reading these supposedly bigoted statements he has made. Please be specific.

Qtec
10-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Just for starters.[ This could be eg8r]

[ QUOTE ]
Rush: The 35 Undeniable Truths
As read by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show, Friday, February 18, 1994:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(All equally truthful: number 1 is not more or less important than 35.)

There is a distinct singular American culture - rugged individualism and self-reliance - which made America great.
The vast majority of the rich in this country did not inherit their wealth; they earned it. They are the country's achievers, producers, and job creators.
No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.
Evidence refutes liberalism.
There is no such thing as a New Democrat.
The Earth's eco-system is not fragile.
Character matters; leadership decends from character.
The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.
Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the twentieth century.
The 1980s was not a decade of greed but a decade of prosperity; it was the longest period of peacetime growth in American history.
Abstinence prevents sexually transmitted disease and pregnancy -every time it's tried.
Condoms only work during the school year.
Poverty is not the root ("rut") cause of crime.
There's a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not.
If you commit a crime, you are guilty.
Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.
The way to improve our schools is not more money, but the reintroduction of moral and spiritual values, as well as the four "R's": reading, 'riting, 'rithmatic, and Rush.
I am not arrogant.
My first 35 Undeniable Truths are still undeniably true.
There is a God.
There is something wrong when critics say the problem with America is too much religion.
Morality is not defined by individual choice.
The only way liberals win national elections is by pretending they're not liberals.
Feminism was established as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.
Follow the money. When somebody says, "It's not the money," it's always the money.
Liberals attempt through judicial activism what they cannot win at the ballot box.
Using federal dollars as a measure, our cities have not been neglected, but poisoned with welfare dependency funds.
Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth.
Liberals measure compassion by how many people are given welfare. Conservatives measure compassion by how many people no longer need it.
Compassion is no substitute for justice.
The culture war is between the winners and those who think they're losers who want to become winners. The losers think the only way they can become winners is by banding together all the losers and then empowering a leader of the losers to make things right for them.
The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters.
You could afford your house without your government - if it weren't for your government.
Words mean things.
Too many Americans can't laugh at themselves anymore. <font color="blue">At least he got one right! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't see any bigotry in that.

Qtec
10-04-2003, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Limbaugh: A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?
by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall

Talk radio host Rush Limbaugh may be returning to television. He recently auditioned for a job as color commentator on ABC's "Monday Night Football." The tryout followed weeks of self-promotion by the self-styled "truth detector" to the millions who listen daily to his syndicated radio show on some 600 stations.

Limbaugh's audition is stirring controversy. Sports columnist Thomas Boswell quipped that if Limbaugh joins "Monday Night Football" then baseball's game of the week broadcasters might "team up with John Rocker."

Veteran sports writer Michael Wilbon, who is black, indicated a boycott might result: "If Rush Limbaugh is put in that booth, I will NOT listen to the broadcast," he wrote in a Washington Post chat session. "His views on people like me are well documented and I would find it insulting and hypocritical to watch him…There are tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands who feel the same way I do."

If ABC hires Limbaugh, it's not clear a boycott will materialize. What is clear is that his expressed views on racial matters -- from the spiteful to the sophomoric -- would make him an odd color commentator. Indeed, CBS Sports dismissed Jimmy the Greek Snyder for ignorant racial remarks, less derisive than some of Limbaugh's.

As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

In a similar vein, here is Limbaugh's mocking take on the NAACP, a group with a ninety-year commitment to nonviolence: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's "Jeffersons" when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders.

Such quotes and antics -- many compiled by Fairness &amp; Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) for our 1995 book -- offer a whiff of Limbaugh's racial sensibility. So does his claim that racism in America "is fueled primarily by the rantings and ravings" of people like Jesse Jackson. Or his ugly reference two years ago to the father of Madonna's first child, a Latino, as "a gang-member type guy" -- an individual with no gang background.

In 1994, Limbaugh mocked St. Louis for building a rail line to East St. Louis "where nobody goes." East St. Louis is home to roughly 40,000 residents -- 98 percent of whom are African-Americans. One of its 40,000 "nobodies" is star NFL linebacker Bryan Cox.

Once, in response to a caller arguing that black people need to be heard, Limbaugh responded: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" That's not an unusual response for a talk radio host playing to an audience of "angry white males." It may not play so well among National Football League players, 70 percent of whom are African American.

Compared to some talk radio hosts, racism is not central to Rush Limbaugh's shtick. But there has been a pattern of commentary indicating his willingness to exploit prejudice against blacks to further his on-air arguments.

ABC has the right to hire Limbaugh, even at the risk of alienating members of its audience. ("Monday Night Football" is the second-most watched TV show in black households). Thrust into the world of pro football where Limbaugh himself would be something of a racial minority, is it possible that he'd rise above his history of racial bigotry and insensitivity? Not likely.

When all is said and done, the athletes are the key players on "Monday Night Football." It would be great to know how they'd feel about a color man who seems to have trouble with people of color.

<hr /></blockquote>

Sid_Vicious
10-04-2003, 11:05 PM
BW...fact is that Rush said the truth in this matter. I, or about any number of circles of arm chair Qtr back critics, and I include mixed black and white gatherings, would not deny the facts of the opinion. We here in this country are knee jerk happy with this racial issue, even when it is not the issue at all. It was Rush, and it was the news media, and that's where it coulda ended, BUT NO! We are really getting to be a "pansy of a country"...sid

Qtec
10-05-2003, 06:30 AM
.... [ QUOTE ]
The Quotable Limbaugh...

On homosexuality: "When a gay person turns his back on you, it's anything but an insult - it's an invitation. The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit."

On the homeless: "One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the Homeless Olympics. The 10-meter Shopping Cart Relay, the Dumpster Dig, and the Hop, Skip and Trip."

On NAFTA: "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do--let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."

On Native Americans: "There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of Genocide?"

On feminism: "Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream. Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along."

On feminazis: "Militant feminists are pro-choice because it's their ultimate avenue of power over men... It is their attempt to impose their will on the rest of society, particularly on men."

On corporate layoffs: "Why is it that whenever a corporation fires workers, it's never speculated that the workers might have deserved it?"

On Kurt Cobain: "Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentleman, was a worthless shred of human debris."

Speculating as to how a Mexican won the New York marathon: "An immigration agent chased him for the last 10 miles."

<hr /></blockquote>

A stand-up guy,right?

Q

Sid_Vicious
10-05-2003, 07:41 AM
In never said I liked the guy, in fact he rubs me the wrong way a general Rebublican way. I just don't feel he was out of line with his commentary...sid

Qtec
10-05-2003, 09:59 AM
The two statements on their own spoken by somebody else, I would say their wouldnt be the fuss that there is now.

Spoken by a racist, homophobic, right wing Republican, fat arsed ,junkie like him. I dont think so.

The guy cant open his mouth without offending someone.

Take his statement about the native American genocide.

Using his logic.

"There are more Jews now than there were before the beggining of WW2. What Holocost?"

Would that make everything ok? Should we forget what happened in Auschwitz, Bergen,etc?

The guy is sick. He wouldnt know a fact if you hit him over the head with it.

He stereo-types everybody and the most frightening thing is, some people think he is right!

Q

eg8r
10-05-2003, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using his logic.

"There are more Jews now than there were before the beggining of WW2. What Holocost?"

Would that make everything ok? Should we forget what happened in Auschwitz, Bergen,etc?
<hr /></blockquote> Q, you need to continue with the logic...What happened after WWII???? Need help, Hitler killed himself. He and his country did not continue in their way. They were removed. In quite contrast (and you seem to have forgotten) our government is still here.

Now, if Hitler had won the war, do you think he would have stopped killing the Jews????? I want to bet he would not. So, if Hitler was allowed to continue, I would bet there would be less Jews on the planet than there are now.

Our government continued, and we did do wrong by the Native Americans, but we stopped killing them.

I will say once again, we did wrong by them and we have stolen a lot of land from them, but we did not continue to wipe them off the face of the earth, and I do not believe we were killing them, just to rid the earth of them.

eg8r

Rod
10-05-2003, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What happened after WWII???? Need help, Hitler killed himself. <hr /></blockquote>

Is that what happened, nothing like a good suspense /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
10-07-2003, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Published on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 by the Style Weekly (Richmond, Va.)
An Open Letter to Rush Limbaugh
by Margie Burns

Dear Mr. Limbaugh,

I have not heard your widely acclaimed radio broadcasts, but it has come to my attention that you’ve been urging your fans to “PLEASE, BOYCOTT ALL FRENCH PRODUCTS!”

As luck would have it, the perfect target for your boycott is coming up: on June 15 through 22 of this year, France will host the 45th annual Paris Air Show.

The Paris Air Show, as you may know, is a global aviation and arms fair, that takes place in the Paris venue Le Bourget every other year, alternating with another huge trade show for weapons and weapons systems called Eurosatory. You may not have heard that Eurosatory and the Paris Air Show are hugely patronized by the U.S. government and by U.S. military contractors. (http://www.paris-air-show.com)

The list of U.S. exhibitors so far, available from contact person Cara Boulesteix in the Commerce Department, runs 16 pages and more than 200 companies. Many subsidiaries, partnerships and cooperative agreements are not mentioned. Prominently featured are giant military contractors General Electric Co., Boeing, Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon. Indeed, the list is a virtual who’s who of our corporate federal contractors who are also feverishly hawking (no pun intended) their wares abroad, including Kaiser Aluminum, Goodrich, Teleflex and Bell Helicopter. A glossy tradition of cosmopolitanism in arms and “dual-use” transactions has long been established here, of course: You may recall that Honeywell, Rockwell and Bell Helicopter also were among the dozens of U.S. corporations whose products ended up in Saddam’s Iraq. (www.thememory-hole.org/corp/iraq-suppliers.htm)

Some of the merchant-of-death networking might surprise the public. Several states, including Virginia, are exhibiting at the venue, including Jeb Bush’s Florida, which will be amply represented by “Southwest Florida,” and “Enterprise Florida,” each advertising cheap Florida labor. Speaking of security, Tampa International Airport also is an exhibitor. But then, the Federal Aviation Administration itself attends the air show, as does the American Association of Airport Executives. So any purchases of security systems, military data recorders, night-vision searchlights, cargo and baggage handling systems, communications systems and other devices designed to elude them, take place figuratively under their noses.

Thus far, the FAA has not been grounded. This year, though, the administration is limiting the number of officials attending the show to 150.

Not that the rubbing elbows is confined to current officeholders. Another U.S. exhibitor is Aviall Inc., a giant aviation-parts distributor owned partly by the Carlyle Group, in which the Bush family possesses a substantial interest through former President George H. W. Bush. Not much new there. This would be the same Carlyle Group formerly associated with Saudi Arabia’s giant industrial complex, the Bin Laden Group.

Mr. Limbaugh, I know what you may say: These corporate networks are so intertwined in our lives that no person, even equipped with a conscience, can avoid entanglement. You may point out that even Clear Channel, the communications behemoth whose hundreds of radio stations proudly advertise your talk show, does multimillion-dollar business in France annually. Clear Channel itself, you will say, which banned the Dixie Chicks’ songs on its channels, has radio hosts boosting I-hate-France Web sites and puts you and your boycott on the airwaves, has live entertainment venues in France, and recently won a 12-year, $35 million advertising contract in France. The company owns French subsidiaries (www.clearchannel.ie/ccworldwide.htm) that, in turn, do business with French performers, distributors and sponsors. In fact, Clear Channel does enough French business yearly to buy almost any of the small towns over which your program broadcasts.

Clear Channel also owns six radio stations in Richmond, Va., including WRVA-AM (1140), home of host Michael Graham — yes, the same Michael Graham who vilified the Byrd Theatre for flying the French flag during VCU’s French Film Festival and encouraged Richmonders to complain. (“Now, the two largest flags flying in Carytown are both French!”) Now might be a good time to call Graham and remind him that his employer does more business in France than the theater does.

Mr. Limbaugh, I have a promise for you: If you will demand through your outlets that the public boycott Clear Channel, I shall willingly give credit where credit is due. I will fully and fairly disclose, if someone tells me about it, that you went beyond your immediate self-interest, to take a position on grounds of conscience. I shall even join with you in calling for the boycott.

Best of luck to you in every good thing.

Sincerely,
Margie Burns

Margie Burns is a freelance writer in D.C. and she teaches in the English department at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

Copyright © by Style Weekly Inc.

<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
10-07-2003, 06:21 AM
LOL, This entire post is quite indicative of the majority of the College Professors in America. Most of them never even come out of their hole to see the real world.

eg8r &lt;~~~I am not positive, but I think at last years show, LM did not fly any planes, and had very little representation

bluewolf
10-08-2003, 05:34 AM

On homosexuality: "When a gay person turns his back on you, it's anything but an insult - it's an invitation. The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit."

On the homeless: "One of the things I want to do before I die is conduct the Homeless Olympics. The 10-meter Shopping Cart Relay, the Dumpster Dig, and the Hop, Skip and Trip."

On NAFTA: "If we are going to start rewarding no skills and stupid people--I'm serious, let the unskilled jobs, let the kinds of jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do--let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work."

On Native Americans: "There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of Genocide?"

On feminism: "Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream. Women were doing quite well in this country before feminism came along."

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, Could not remember dates,details etc. just remember hating much he stood for. Do remember when he said 'animals don't have rights.

eg8r
10-08-2003, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do remember when he said 'animals don't have rights. <hr /></blockquote> Do they?

eg8r

Qtec
10-08-2003, 08:53 AM
Dont they?

Are we not animal?

Are we not mammals?

Q

cheesemouse
10-08-2003, 09:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Do remember when he said 'animals don't have rights. <hr /></blockquote> Do they?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

They do if your human and wish to remain one...

Qtec
10-08-2003, 11:25 AM
That lets eg8r off the hook. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Cueless Joey
10-08-2003, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
According to Rush, animals have no rights.
What would you do if the mother chimp eats her young, would you read her the Miranda?
That's what he said anyway.
eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

They do if your human and wish to remain one... <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
10-10-2003, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
US pundit addicted to painkillers

Limbaugh: Wants to "break the hold" of his addiction
Conservative US radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has admitted on air he is addicted to prescription painkillers.
<hr /></blockquote>

He is a junk.

Now I know why he talks so much crap.

[ QUOTE ]
There's a simple way to solve the crime problem: obey the law; punish those who do not.
If you commit a crime, you are guilty <hr /></blockquote>
Rush L.

He goes on to say that these pills are"very addictive".

So is crack!

90 days in county jail. Thats what he needs.

He might learn a little humility.

Q

Qtec
10-11-2003, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PRESCRIPTION ADDICTION
•Approximately 4 million Americans said they were currently using prescription drugs for non-medical purposes in a 1999 report.
•Commonly prescribed pain medications that can become addictive include: codeine, oxycodone, and sleep disorder drugs.
•Prescription drugs are the most common form of drug abuse among older people.
•Fastest growing group of new prescription drug abusers are 12- to 17-year-olds and 18- to 25-year-olds.

Source: National Household Survey on Drug Abuse
<hr /></blockquote>

Q

fast wolf
10-11-2003, 04:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
US pundit addicted to painkillers

Limbaugh: Wants to "break the hold" of his addiction
Conservative US radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has admitted on air he is addicted to prescription painkillers.
<hr /></blockquote>

He is a junk.

Now I know why he talks so much crap.

&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
If you commit a crime, you are guilty <hr /></blockquote>
Rush L.

He goes on to say that these pills are"very addictive".

So is crack!

90 days in county jail. Thats what he needs.

He might learn a little humility.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

There was the whoring Jimmy Swaggart preaching eternal hellfire for sinners; William Bennett intoning against drug addicts who himself gambled away millions and blaming it on... gasp!... an uncontrollable addiction. And now, the bullying, hypocritical Rush Limbaugh falling from his high perch.

Yes, non-conservatives sin too. But it is the conservatives' out-and-out hyprocrisy and strident tones that merit the extra chuckle or two from the rest of us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rackmup
10-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Well,

Rush is now enrolled in a drug rehab for his addiction to prescription pain meds and Ollie is probably jonesing to be in a fox hole somewhere, blasting the beejeebees out of some foriegn foe.

And where is OPC? I haven't seen him in ages (but heard he is in line for Rush's old job on ESPN.)

Any truth to that Les?

Regards,

Ken (1/10th of a point away from APA "Elite" status)