PDA

View Full Version : Talking to the balls and so on

Popcorn
10-02-2003, 08:06 AM
{I wanted to start a new thread because the "What's the story guys and gals" thread was getting a little long and off topic.)

re: to RedHell

"I think all these are quite acceptable. I don't see any sharking tactics by expressing your satisfaction, motivation or other.

OK, maybe I'm in the loud player group, but it is common for me to talk to the balls or make comments after I made a good or bad shot. The only thing I wouldn't do is announce that the game is over before it is, I'm not confident enough for that and way to superticious.

Being loud and make comments shouldn't disturb the players on the other tables. These guys have learned to play in bar/poolroom where noise is common. When we play our end of the year tournement on 40 bar box and close to 500 players in the arena, you can bet that there will be a team that will start yelling after clinching some unexpected victory.

My guess is a pro player should have learn to play in those conditions."

Red <--- The only shots you never make are the one you never take !!

When you talk to the balls, make comments, and do all that stuff, have you ever thought why you do it or if it adds or takes anything away from your game and last of all how you look? I used to be around a very good player a lot, Danny DiLiberto who is a little bit of a showman. He seemed to have a witty remark or comment, (Rehearsed of course), for everything that happened when he was playing. He talked to the balls, made comments when he missed or made a good shot and often talked to the audience in tournaments. I guess I thought it was cool because I picked up a lot of what he did. I went on the road with a guy who after a short time, (A real good player by the way), he made a comment that I looked like I was imitating Danny and it looked stupid. Besides he said, "I takes away from your game." After what he said, I thought about it and I stopped doing it that quick. After all, I was doing it on purpose so it was easy to just not do it anymore. I was really glad I got that advice. So back to the original question, have you ever thought about why you do it? If it is a habit you have formed you should maybe try to break it. If you, like I was, are doing it on purpose because you think it is cool, think about how cool it really looks. You may begin to think to yourself it looks kind of stupid and may even be annoying to other players, that stuff gets old real fast. Most of all, it may take away from your own game. There are enough distractions and things to think about when you play, don't shark yourself with all that other junk. Try just playing the game, you may find it better. For a guy like DiLiberto who does exhibitions and so on, it has a place. It is a little showmanship and is one of the things that made him such a popular player to watch, but for the average player it looks silly and may effect their game. This is not a criticism, do what you want, but at least be aware of it. And Danny, If you are reading this, sorry but you know what I am talking about.

Kato
10-02-2003, 08:18 AM
Popcorn, I talk to the balls as well. I never thought of it as being disrespectful of my opponent or the people around me though I know that several times I've been called on it. I remember one time in particular in my first APA season. I had missed a shot, didn't say a word but smiled and shook my head at the balls, can't remember if I was shaking my head "yes" or "no" but the captain of the opposing team told my captain that I was really "cocky" when I did it. It was just a reaction that I had at the time. Do I stil do it? Yes I do. I've never thought myself a disrespectful player though I still suppose it could be seen that way. I constantly talk to myself when I'm at the table, usually an admonishment of some sort, never to my opponent. Hopefully that's not considered sharking. When my opponent is at the table I'm silent, still, and watchful. I don't jump up after a miss and won't comment during a match unless it's a friend. Never in a league or tournament match.

I'm not someone who is disliked in the pool room and never have trouble finding games, even for free, against the better players that want to gamble.

I just like to talk and since neither my opponents nor my brain really care what I'm saying I always hope that the balls will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato

PS. I've never had a conversation with my cue, it doesn't seem to care either /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RedHell
10-02-2003, 08:45 AM
To tell you the truth I never wonder how it looked and never really cared. The perception of the people around me is not important if they are not close friends. And close friends know me, I'm expressive in everything I do...

I never seen someone talk to the balls like I do, I don't talk to them on every shot but, if one ball keeps rolling and I would like it to stop, I will talk the the ball until it does.

I believe sometimes it works.... lmao

Anyway, to make it short, I'm not 'giving a show' while I'm playing but I am an expressive person and express myself, that's about it.

And BTW, it seems that the more I'm in the game, the more I talk.

Popcorn
10-02-2003, 09:08 AM
I was not really so much referring to whether it bothered anyone as much as, does it do anything for your game, is it really necessary and can it in fact become a distraction to you if it becomes a habit. Like I said, people can do what they want, but should be aware. They may be doing things they would rather change if they really thought about it. I my case, I think in retrospect I looked a little foolish with all those antics. I know where you live, so I know you probably know Danny. I am going back 30 years or more and I can tell you, he was really animated and talkative back then. Audiences really liked it and unless you saw it over and over, it was kind of cool, what ever that means. He never sharked anyone and is a exceptional gentleman to play with. I just thought sometimes he sharked himself with playing so much to the audience. I have seen him miss and lose more then once playing to the audience, shooting something he should not shoot. But hay, that was his choice and he was interesting to watch play.

Kato
10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
I don't know Danny personally and sadly have never really seen him play, my loss. He is a legend in our parts (probably other parts as well).

I probably didn't read your post correctly but for an odd reason defended myself anyway. Does my babbling help me? No sir it does not. Never has, never will. Is it distracting to me? Probably you have a good point here. I rarely talk to myself when I'm playing my best. It is a habit I've acquired and it does not help with focus. Mostly I think I use it to keep myself loose as I have a tendency to tighten up around better players (see any thread about me in the CCB tournament). When I'm around better players I tend to try things I'm physically not capable of or exceed the parameter's of my abilities and knowledge. This leads to the talking. When I'm completely comfortable I usually don't feel the need to talk.

I guess it just comes down to a comfort level. However, if I can tell that something I do is effecting my opponent in a adverse way I'll usually clam up. Being fair is something I try very hard to do. This goes for the tables around me as well. Since I mostly just play for fun I'm just out to have a good time. Maybe this is why I talk?

Kato

Popcorn
10-02-2003, 09:42 AM
I don't know? I don't see you going into the pool room, getting a table off to the side to practice and taking to the balls. "Stop, don't scratch, give me a shot, let me see it, get in". The other people in the room would stop and look at you like you were nuts. I think you do, do it for the benefit of the others, sort of like playing to the crowd when you are competing or playing in league. It would not make sense other wise. I would just say, think about it, be aware of it, and does it really add any value to your game, nothing right or wrong. I only responded to your post, because you said you do, do a lot of stuff, I was not picking on you or anything. We have to really make a distinction between playing with your friends fooling around and having fun and trying to play your best game. You just don't want to form bad habits that can carry over but I would not expect everyone to play like a robot.

RedHell
10-02-2003, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I don't know? I don't see you going into the pool room, getting a table off to the side to practice and taking to the balls. "Stop, don't scratch, give me a shot, let me see it, get in". The other people in the room would stop and look at you like you were nuts.

<font color="blue"> To be frank, it does happend. I have a tendency to think out loud when I concentrate. </font color>

I think you do, do it for the benefit of the others, sort of like playing to the crowd when you are competing or playing in league. It would not make sense other wise.

<font color="blue"> It's not something I do because I want to, it's just something I do. Maybe it is a like nervous habbit, but it doesn't happend when I'm nervous. </font color>

I would just say, think about it, be aware of it, and does it really add any value to your game, nothing right or wrong.

<font color="blue"> There's plenty of thing I do that doesn't add to my game, and if I were to stop doing it, wouldn't help my game to improve either. </font color>

I only responded to your post, because you said you do, do a lot of stuff, I was not picking on you or anything.

<font color="blue">No offense taken whatsoever ! </font color>

We have to really make a distinction between playing with your friends fooling around and having fun and trying to play your best game.

<font color="blue">After reading this comment I reflected on where I do it most. I realised it's in league night. In tournement, I'm to nervous, I tend to make extra effort to shutup and concentrate. Saddly I have a better record in league than tournies... </font color>

You just don't want to form bad habits that can carry over but I would not expect everyone to play like a robot. <hr /></blockquote>

The way you talk about it seems to me like you might have misunderstood me a bit. My behaviour around the pool table is part of my personality, I'm what you can call a happy camper. It's not really show off like performance. It's not that loud, but it sure is verbal.

As an example let's take a look at Vivian Vilareal and Jeannette Lee. Vivian will almost make comments on everyshot and try to make fun comments to the crowd. Sometimes I wonder if all the effort her brains put on making these comment is affecting her game. Probably the point you are trying to make. But if you look at Jeannette's comment, they are more like thinking outloud, not researched as crowd pleasers, just personal self expression.

Though I wouldn't dare to compare my game to any of those 2 wonderfull players, I would say I'm more like a Jeannette type of loud than Vivian...

If that make any sense !

Chris in NC
10-02-2003, 11:46 AM
This is my take on when it is OK to talk to the balls, and when it is not - as far as etiquette goes. I feel it is OK for the shooter to talk to the balls - usually asking the cue-ball to go or stop to get better position on the next ball, or to not get snookered.

However, as soon as one misses, I feel it is then not their balls to talk to - even if balls are still rolling from their shot. Clearly your opponent will be shooting next - so to wish outloud for the cue-ball to keep rolling to hook them or whatever is not at all cool, in my opinion.

It's kind of like the player who misses or plays a safety, then walks around the table to check the line they left their opponent. As soon as one misses or plays safe, it is no longer their table and they should exit to their chair ASAP to give up rights of the table to the shooter.

What I love to do as the oncoming shooter (when my opponent has just missed or played safety) is to quickly walk right up to the table in front of them and block their line of sight so they can't see what they've left. Some may feel that is poor etiquette, but I feel at that point it is my table, and they need to get out of the way! - Chris in NC

Kato
10-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Chris or Popcorn (or anyone interested), say you play a safety (sometimes I play one that works /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif), is it bad ettiquette to snap your fingers when the cue ball comes to rest? Kind of like reward the cue ball for doing what you asked? After all, when you're opponent makes a good shot you may snap your fingers or tap your cue but what about when you do it. Is it in bad taste to reward yourself? Surely that's better than letting out a war cry or telling the cue ball that it did a good job out loud?

Kato~~~needs to know these things.

Chris in NC
10-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Snapping your fingers to acknowledge a good shot by your opponent or while observing a match is classy. Snapping your fingers youself for your own good shot is a little bit strange and cocky IMO, and probably would not sit well with me as your opponent if you did it regularly. Perhaps you should just think how you'd feel if your opponent did that.

I don't necessarily mean doing that is disrespectful or sharking towards your opponent. However, it just might be irritating enough to them to give them the extra incentive and motivation to keep you in your chair. - Chris in NC

SPetty
10-02-2003, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr>However, as soon as one misses, I feel it is then not their balls to talk to - even if balls are still rolling from their shot.<hr /></blockquote>It is my turn at the table until all balls stop rolling. Only after all balls stop rolling is it your turn at the table.<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr>Clearly your opponent will be shooting next - so to wish out loud for the cue-ball to keep rolling to hook them or whatever is not at all cool, in my opinion.<hr /></blockquote>I agree, not cool at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato
10-02-2003, 01:28 PM
Don't do it often Chris, just sometimes. Would never mean it as a sign of disrespect. Also, I snap multiple times for a good shot by an opponent. My shot gets one single snap and is quite simply a reaction.

Thanks for the advice.

Kato

Optimus_P
10-02-2003, 01:30 PM
if you are mentaly not ready to play the game then you will find yourself easily distracted, weither its someone sharking you or you sharking yourself.

when you play you have to be in such a trance to block out the rest of the world and only think about your current shot and the next few shots.

as with anything of any importance you have to be consintrating on a higher level, if you are not playing menaly at that level you will always find something to blame your error on.

for example:

a couple of weekends ago i was raceing (road raceing not drag raceing) my motorcycle at a track and i know i am in the zone when other riders seem to disapear off the track and i can visually see the "race line" going around the track as i am speeding around the course. i dont hear anything, its teh moment when you and the machine are one, and everytime you go to lean or break or open the throttle you feel everything the machine is doing.

Sid_Vicious
10-02-2003, 02:07 PM
I've read this thread, and it is simply hilarious to me that somebody finds it bothersome for me to talk during my inning at the table. I talk to the balls, and will continue to do that when I feel like it, EXCEPT DURING HIS INNING! Otherwise, if it bothers the other guy or gal, so much more the reason for me to verbally coax those round buggers to where I want them. I find this thread a hoot!!!sid

Keith Talent
10-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Popcorn,

I have been trying to cure myself of the habit. I think talking to the balls and such tends to get you on an emotional roller coaster, which has got to be the No. 1 enemy of consistency. Also, I agree that the odds are better that it'll make you look dumb rather than cool Joe Camel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
10-02-2003, 02:27 PM
My point was the negative effect it has on your game and why would one do it in the first place. Aside from the fact it looks a little goofy, it can become a habit and maybe not a good one. Of all the pros how many do it? I can't name too many. Most are quiet.

griffith_d
10-02-2003, 04:01 PM
I have a tendency to talk to the balls,...my main thing to say when the opponent misses is,.."come on, give me something!!",..after they have shot and the balls are still moving. This does two things,..it pumps me up and messes with the other person's head. Now, if the other person is really a jerk,...I might say after they miss,.."shouldn't have done that!"....it really gets to them.

I do think out loud, but not really to disturb the other person,..mainly, just to get myself pumped up. It really does work for me.

Griff

Chris in NC
10-02-2003, 04:19 PM
When two experienced players are matching up in a tourney or a money session I don't think it's asking or expecting too much for both players be respectful of their opponent, and as Fran said also of players playing matches on nearby tables. This basically requires just being quiet and still while the opponent is shooting.

It is unquestionably required of tourney and money players to have the necessary concentration and focus in order to be able to zone out all the other outside distractions that may be going on at the time that they have absolutely no control over - noise, people walking by the table at crucial times, etc., etc.

However, intentional distractions (even discreet ones) by the observing opponent while one is shooting should not have to be tolerated, and would not be tolerated by me.

If I do tolerate it and say nothing to my opponent and let it bother me, then it is my own fault. But if I bring it to my opponent's attention and firmly ask for him to have the respect to stay quiet and still while I'm shooting just as I will have the courtesy to do for him - is not asking too much. If they are not willing to show me that simple courtesy, then I will not play them. - Chris in NC

NH_Steve
10-02-2003, 06:43 PM
Prematurely congratulating yourself for a well-played safety is a very bad thing -- mainly because you never know if you've played a good safety or not until after your opponent has shot! I don't know about you, but it seems like as soon as I pat myself on the back for a great safety, my blanketty-blank opponent makes a great shot and proceeds to run out -- or they kick a few rails for a good hit and bury me in a killer trap -- so much for my own gorgeous safety!

I hate when that happens /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif , and it seems to happen all the time /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-02-2003, 11:31 PM
No arguments, I play loose, play-play pool Popcorn, but when in the trenches, talking to balls is not where I go with intention. My game remains today far in the shadows to most, yours surely, without much doubt at all, so please take what I have said about this subject as casual and easy going rhetoric.

Respectfully...sid~~~more fun than serious, loses many he should win, and knows that you are probably right

Rod
10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
I talk to them Sid to a degree. There is a time and place for everything. If it's serious I'm fairly quiet. If it's cheap sets I may talk more. I'm not disrespectful, but I can talk until the balls stop. Sometimes just for fun I'll say hook-em when the c/b is rolling. It may very well be the c/b isn't within three feet of hooking anyone. LOL If there shorts have to much starch, I don't even want to play with them.

Rod

pooltchr
10-03-2003, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr>
It's kind of like the player who misses or plays a safety, then walks around the table to check the line they left their opponent. As soon as one misses or plays safe, it is no longer their table and they should exit to their chair ASAP to give up rights of the table to the shooter.

- Chris in NC <hr /></blockquote>

Chris. Thanks for pointing out one of my pet peeves! This one rates right up there with picking up the chalk after you miss and chalking your cue.

As for talking while shooting, I often do it as a kind of release. After coming up short on a shot, I am likely to say something like "Ya gotta hit the ball, Steve" directed toward myself. I think this may be my way of acknowledging a poor shot and letting go of it. I don't want to be thinking about that bad shot the next time I am at the table. I will also say "Thank you" to no one in particular if I get a good roll. Just part of my personality I guess. As for when my opponent is at the table, I might catch his eye and nod my head, or a quiet "nice shot" comment would be the limit but only when he is between shots. Steve

Kato
10-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Never thought about that either. I suppose though that you are very correct here as well. I think with me that it's just a reaction. My safety game not being the high point of my game (ok, most things aren't the high point of my game) that when I actually make the white go exactly where I want I get excited. Now please understand this is really just playing with friends. I don't gamble and I play very few tournaments. If I were playing in a tournament it would not be in good taste. Usually I might just nod my head or something.

Kato~~~opponents do usually kick out of my supposed "lock down" safes /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Keith Talent
10-03-2003, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr>

Chris. Thanks for pointing out one of my pet peeves! This one rates right up there with picking up the chalk after you miss and chalking your cue.

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Man, you guys are tough! I don't know ... but I didn't think it was too objectionable to quickly take a glance to see whether you played a safety well or not, just to store the shot in your memory bank. No gloating or smirking, just a quick look on your way to the chair.

Danny D
10-03-2003, 11:47 AM
I talk to my balls, especially when they are rolling, everyone knows you can talk them into doing something you don't want them to do. Everyone also knows you can do body english, and it will bend the cue ball from going into a hole, we all believe this and don't bore me with no scientific stuff that says in aint so, every good player believes in this. I don't talk to the opponents ball because that is considered bad manners, If I see it going straight into a hole for a scratch, I will jump up and say let him in, he is a member, but that is about the extent of that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

magicman
10-03-2003, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Popcorn, I talk to the balls as well. I never thought of it as being disrespectful of my opponent or the people around me though I know that several times I've been called on it. I remember one time in particular in my first APA season. I had missed a shot, didn't say a word but smiled and shook my head at the balls, can't remember if I was shaking my head "yes" or "no" but the captain of the opposing team told my captain that I was really "cocky" when I did it. It was just a reaction that I had at the time. Do I stil do it? Yes I do. I've never thought myself a disrespectful player though I still suppose it could be seen that way. I constantly talk to myself when I'm at the table, usually an admonishment of some sort, never to my opponent. Hopefully that's not considered sharking. When my opponent is at the table I'm silent, still, and watchful. I don't jump up after a miss and won't comment during a match unless it's a friend. Never in a league or tournament match.

I'm not someone who is disliked in the pool room and never have trouble finding games, even for free, against the better players that want to gamble.

I just like to talk and since neither my opponents nor my brain really care what I'm saying I always hope that the balls will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato

PS. I've never had a conversation with my cue, it doesn't seem to care either /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hello Kato, you said the key magic word, respect for your opponent, if you have and you show him proper respect, treat him the way you would want him to treat you, then no sharking will ever occur. People who gamble for a living, will pull off any shark they can get by with, and many of the things they do in tournaments are nothing but disguised sharks they think they can get by with. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2003, 12:02 PM
I have heard great players like Fast Larry will talk to the balls, particularly during a lucrative exhibition.

Kato
10-03-2003, 12:51 PM
I've never wanted to be disrespectful to anyone in life. I certainly don't try to be, not at the pool table, not anywhere. I'm just not a robot and I like to have fun. I have emotions, good and bad that just come out. I've always tried to respect other peoples feelings in all walks of life. Generally I'm just a quiet, shy person (the CCB tournament doesn't count) who knows his place in the pecking order of the pool room. I'm sure there are people out there and here that don't like me because of the way I carry or conduct myself. They are allowed their opinion and I don't begrudge them of that.

I've learned a few things from this thread, I'm not going to snap at the balls and I've got to pay attention to other peoples reactions to me. I don't want to shark anyone, even for funnsies unless it's Rackemup.

Kato~~~is it ok to yell out, "YATZEE!!!!!!!!!' when making the 9 on the break?

Rod
10-03-2003, 12:54 PM
It's not Keith, it's just a couple of peoples pet peeves. They can't wait to get to the table, if that means crowding someone out of their way, it would be rude.

It reminds me of being at the grocery store, putting my wallet or card away. I'm finishing up a transaction, when someone bumps me with a grocery cart. LOL

Some things just annoy people, we all have our trigger. I have mine but I leave petty stuff away from a pool game. I found long ago if you let some of this little stuff bother you, your mind isn't on the game. If you want your game to suffer, go ahead and let all the little stuff bother you. If you want to be a tuff player, keep focused on what is important.

Rod

8 ball ho
10-03-2003, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr>

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Man, you guys are tough! I don't know ... but I didn't think it was too objectionable to quickly take a glance to see whether you played a safety well or not, just to store the shot in your memory bank. No gloating or smirking, just a quick look on your way to the chair. <hr /></blockquote>

Hello there, you just hit my hot button, pickin up the chalk after you miss a shot and standing there on the rail and chalking over and over, waiving the cue around. I am coming up to the table needing chalk and you have it, so I have to hunt for a piece. I am lining up my shot and you don't leave, you just keep chalking, which is nothing but a shark. Captain Tony used to do that to me and I stopped it by every time I came up and he kept chalking I would grab the chalk out of his hand and toss it through the door out onto Duval street and yell at him, sit down old man, it aint your time to shoot, its mine. He was the mayor and would talk about having me arrested for littering duval street, it was a little game we played back and forth. Pool players, when you miss, you have no need to chalk, just leave the table, go sit down. If you have this need to chalk, keep a piece by your chair and chalk up there or when you come back up to the table. When you get some turkey sharking you like Tony did, toss the chalk across the room and say I am mad as hell about this and I aint takin it no more. You get tossed out of a few joints now and then, but you go home feeling good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Danny D
10-03-2003, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I have heard great players like Fast Larry will talk to the balls, particularly during a lucrative exhibition. <hr /></blockquote>

DANNY SINGS LIKE A CANARY; I have seen these trick shot guys playing with their balls in public. Fl has this routine where he lays out 3 balls on the rail and then says, I have 3 balls, don't laugh, it got me out of Vietnam.
It's a lot more funny if you are there. The trick shot guys have to talk and carry on while they are playing, which is not a very easy thing to do. Just try to make those tought shots with your mouth running and cracking jokes when you are missing and dying inside.

Have you all looked at this board, it is a wasteland, it is about as much fun as going into a root canal without novacaine. I've been to wakes that had more action that this thing has going on, in fact, it reminds me of a wake. It's boring, nothing is going on. You all have run out of things to say and do, your brains are now drained, empty.

There is only one thing to do to save the board, bring back Fast Larry, you want action, that is one thing that boy is good for, action, he could wake up the dead, which is what this board is now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

bluewolf
10-04-2003, 06:25 AM
When I am playing pool, I like to get in a good state of concentration and relaxation. If I talk to the balls, it takes me out of that state. But that is just me....

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2003, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Danny D:</font><hr>

....Just try to make those tought shots with your mouth running and cracking jokes when you are missing and dying inside. ....

<hr /></blockquote>

I would think a great player like Fast Larry would rarely miss.

Sid_Vicious
10-04-2003, 10:09 AM
All you guys who get your panties in a wad over when the other guy chalks, needs to chill. Hell I'll chalk inbetween innings just as a chance to really see my tip, or maybe just because I feel like it. I don't squawk-squawk the thing, but just like talking to a rolling ball, it's part of the atmosphere when I'm rolling along at the PH. Geez, checking the line for what I left my opponent shouldn't be a big deal either. If all I was allowed to do was shoot, never speak, sit directly down until my next turn, I may as well take up another sport, cuz that is boring. Maybe some you y'all came to the PH pre-sharked...sid

plato 17
10-04-2003, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> All you guys who get your panties in a wad over when the other guy chalks, needs to chill. Hell I'll chalk inbetween innings just as a chance to really see my tip, or maybe just because I feel like it. I don't squawk-squawk the thing, but just like talking to a rolling ball, it's part of the atmosphere when I'm rolling along at the PH. Geez, checking the line for what I left my opponent shouldn't be a big deal either. If all I was allowed to do was shoot, never speak, sit directly down until my next turn, I may as well take up another sport, cuz that is boring. Maybe some you y'all came to the PH pre-sharked...sid
<hr /></blockquote>

Dear Sid, you do need to go back and re read the ho's post, you miss, why do you chalk, it's not your shot. Your mission now is to clear the table, get out of the way so the incoming player can shoot. When you stand there chalking, that is dumb and stupid, are you dumb and stupid?
You only need to chalk, when the opponent misses, then you come to the table, then you can chalk and shoot. The Ho is right on this, but she could have sugar coated it a little better than she did. I wonder how she get's by tossing chalk out the door, I bet she walks in with her spear gun loaded. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
10-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Pre-sharked, I like that term. LOl Well either that or too much starch in their shorts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I wonder how they make a ball thinking about all the small change. The closer you get to 90 one realizes life is to short to worry about that crap, Huh Larry? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

Sid_Vicious
10-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Thank you for sharing plato...sid