PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Info Needed

cueball1950
10-02-2003, 10:50 PM
I am going to try to make it to The DCC in january and i need some info if possible.it will be my first trip there. Where to stay? how far is the tournament site from the Airport? will i need a car rental? i have heard that everything happens at the site. (action that is). I can fly from Albany for about $200. r/t. so that rules out driving 12 hours both ways. Is anybody on here going. Maybe we can have another small CCB tournament someplace down there............thanking you in advance for your help.......................................mike

Ralph S.
10-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Cueball, I will be going and can tell you that the site is very near the airport. Car rental would not be necessary I would assume. The event takes place at the Executive Inn West. I am sure a cab from airport to hotel would be minimal or posssible if you book your reservation there, they can pick you up at the airport.

The event itself is held in the several large ball rooms on at the hotel. Everything is onsite, including restaurant and bar. Hope to see you there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-03-2003, 06:18 AM
Mike, I can't make it but while you're there don't forget to check out Churchill Downs. You won't be too far away. They have a great museum.

DG - who's been to Churchill several times but not for the Derby

RedHell
10-03-2003, 09:46 AM
According to the Online Reservation system, the Executive West Hotel is full during the DCC.

I just looked it up and it's a 17 hours drive from here. My wife is planing a trip to england during that time, it would be nice to do a road trip to go check it out. I would need a driving partner tho !!!

Voodoo Daddy
10-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Mike...its like this. Fly to Louisville, take the courtesy van from the airport to the hotel. Strap in and prepare to enjoy yourself with 24 hour action, KENTUCKY STYLE!!

Voodoo~~~looking for a way to go to L-Ville and Daytona for Bike Week, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Greg/Diamond
10-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Cueball,
Glad you are coming. No you won't need a car, you're next to the airport. Call me if you need anything 812-989-6665. Greg/Diamond

Greg/Diamond
10-25-2003, 02:45 PM
RedHell,
The online reservation system must have their wires crossed. Even though they already have several rooms booked there are still plenty of rooms available. You can call the executive west at 502-367-2251. I just got off the phone with the executive west and they informed me yes all the rooms are blocked , but they are blocked for POOLPLAYERS. Seems like we are finally getting some clout with the numbers we are creating at the Derby City Classic......Greg/Diamond

NH_Steve
10-25-2003, 06:56 PM
They only show up as booked because the rooms are all set aside for the tournament -- just call and say you want a room for the Derby City Classic , that's why they have them set aside /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif