PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV - Try This!!!

Bassn7
10-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Just as an experiment . . . take the top 50 pool players in the world and divide them into two groups. #1) The current standards of play. and #2) Sharking allowed as long as you stay in your seat when the other player is shooting. Guess what group would draw the crowds to watch ESPN matches?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-03-2003, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> .......Guess what group would draw the crowds to watch ESPN matches? <hr /></blockquote>

OK I'll guess.

Neither? Is that right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RedHell
10-03-2003, 01:36 PM
Damn Wally you win....

BTW, for those who said that the World Series of Poker were silent and not colorfull, they must not have seend the table involving NGuyen.

When they go all out, it is common for them to make a lot of comment, get up and give us a bit of a show...

Chess on TV is boring, let's keep some color in the game.

Rod
10-03-2003, 02:10 PM
I don't know /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif Does it matter?

Sid_Vicious
10-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Well I recently say J. Lee and V. Villreal(sp?) on TV, both were talking to the balls and pulling out jumpers and saying "I like the jump shot" with a sh!t eat'n grin. I found several at the PH where I play at who remembered the same game, so I vote for a show. There was also an afternoon in Dallas watching Lil' Al and a road player shoot 1-p, both were real actors, dropping cues and barking fun, you name it if you know what I mean, and that afternoon for years back still comes up in discussion...sid

bolo
10-03-2003, 02:33 PM
What would be the point of this, So more people would watch? What do you do after the novelty wears off, have the women play in thongs and bikini tops? I would rather nothing change and it just stay a great game for those lucky to have discovered it, then see the sport prostituted.

8 ball ho
10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> Just as an experiment . . . take the top 50 pool players in the world and divide them into two groups. #1) The current standards of play. and #2) Sharking allowed as long as you stay in your seat when the other player is shooting. Guess what group would draw the crowds to watch ESPN matches? <hr /></blockquote>

I'd like to see yappin wolf and Laura play a race to 3 on espn, think of the ratings that one would pull. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
10-04-2003, 07:05 AM
Quote Bolo:

What do you do after the novelty wears off, have the women play in thongs and bikini tops
_______

That would work for me. By the way, did you see the final match on BcTV of the 2002 US Open. Seems they beat you to that, they had a "card" girl between racks. Just like the Gillette girl in boxing. Drove the audiance wild. LOL.

And during the Preditor Cups there was a lot of talking going on. Especially the first one when Ginky played. I think the audiance liked it.

But it all depends on whether the players are putting on a show or playing a serious match for the big bucks.

Jake

plato 17
10-04-2003, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> Just as an experiment . . . take the top 50 pool players in the world and divide them into two groups. #1) The current standards of play. and #2) Sharking allowed as long as you stay in your seat when the other player is shooting. Guess what group would draw the crowds to watch ESPN matches? <hr /></blockquote>

This is because of the intergrity level of the audience, most would rather see a dirty fighter than a clean fighter, Tyson/holyfield, Most would rather see and watch a scumb ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif like McCreedy rather than a squeeky clean Mosconi, This is why Hockey is so popular, fans sit waiting for a car wreck and to see somebody burned to death at a car race track. The fan wants action, excitment, I say just bring back the gladiators like in Rome and get on with it, we are headed there anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

coolriffs
10-04-2003, 09:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> What do you do after the novelty wears off, have the women play in thongs and bikini tops? <hr /></blockquote>

you can't show this on tv. just imagine the wpba players in thongs bending over for a shot.

Sid_Vicious
10-04-2003, 10:50 PM
Does make one wonder if the snooker stances would still be preferred, huh! The Brits would certainly stand out ;-) sid

charlieb
10-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Call keith what you will for whatever your reasons may have but the only 2 people in the world that I would gladly pay money to watch are Keith and Efren. Now talk about two different ends of the spectrum!

wolfdancer
10-05-2003, 04:58 AM
I'll second the motion

Rich R.
10-05-2003, 06:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote plato 17:</font><hr> Most would rather see and watch a scumb ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif like McCreedy rather than a squeeky clean Mosconi, <hr /></blockquote>
Nothing is all Black and White.
I know first hand that McCreedy is far from a scum ball and, from all reports, Mosconi was far from squeaky clean. Like most of us, they both fall somewhere in the gray area.

pooltchr
10-06-2003, 07:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote coolriffs:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bolo:</font><hr> imagine the wpba players in thongs bending over for a shot.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm imagining........ ok, in most cases this probably isn't a good idea. (There ARE a few exceptions!)

We are taking this a little bit too far. The original discussion was about talking during a match, to the balls, the fans or yourself. I see nothing wrong with this. I do have to admit that I have watched a WPBA chairty event where sharking was encouraged. It was a lot of fun to watch, and the players had a ball, but then it didn't really matter who won the match since the charity was the only real winner.

It's a GAME people! If you can play well and still have fun while doing it, what's wrong with that?

BCn
10-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Then you'll be happy to know that Efren plays Bustamante in the first Dish PPV match October 12, with highlights of the McCready Pagulayan finish and three other matches.

Nostroke
10-06-2003, 09:26 AM
This years "card girl" got the game number wrong about 30% of the time. The first three times she was given the wrong card by the producer with the number of the games just completed rather than the number upcoming. Then for game 13, she marched around with 14. Someone caught her mistake so she marched around with 14 again the next game. What is the point?- We are doomed, that's all!

Fred Agnir
10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> This years "card girl" got the game number wrong about 30% of the time. <hr /></blockquote> What card? What game number?

Fred &lt;~~~ didn't see no stinkin' card

Lester
10-06-2003, 12:03 PM
I just played in a tournament over the weekend with Keith, and we were all talking and had to be warned we were getting too loud. Keith's enthusiasm for our game is contagious, and the crowd feels this and gets excited as well. A "vocal match" gives the audience a part to play, and when they leave, they "WANT TO PLAY POOL". It's definitely a good thing. JMHO ***Lester*** /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Scott Lee
10-06-2003, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote plato 17:</font><hr> This is because of the intergrity level of the audience, most would rather see a dirty fighter than a clean fighter, Tyson/holyfield, Most would rather see and watch a scumb ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif like McCreedy rather than a squeeky clean Mosconi, This is why Hockey is so popular, fans sit waiting for a car wreck and to see somebody burned to death at a car race track. The fan wants action, excitment, I say just bring back the gladiators like in Rome and get on with it, we are headed there anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

What is this, the pot calling the kettle black? Who are YOU to call Keith a scumbag (correct sp., btw), with all of the antics you have pulled...both here on the CCB, in your latest incarnation, and before, under several other assumed identities...not to mention on other pool boards, as well.
Having played Keith for the cash myself almost 30 yrs ago, I would have agreed with you many years ago. However, most of us, as we age, gain some measure of maturity. I think Keith has grown up from what he was, and is a real asset to this board. You, on the other hand, have STILL provided no serious input, nor very many positive influences here. I (among others here) appreciate the fact that you appear to have somewhat cleaned up your 'act', in terms of language and length of posts, but come on. Your Mom taught you this as a child...if you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all! Come on...lighten up, and share some of that knowledge you guard. For instance, I'd certainly be interested in learning about your 17 kinds of draw! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee

pooljunkie73
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap

Kent Mc.

jjinfla
10-06-2003, 02:12 PM
Quote SL: For instance, I'd certainly be interested in learning about your 17 kinds of draw!
_________

Hey Scott, I thought it was FL who had 17 kinds of draw.

Jake

Scott Lee
10-06-2003, 02:36 PM
Jake...Good guess! Now you know who Plato17, and who knows who else, really is! Yikes, HE'S BAAAAAACK! LOL As I read more and more of his recent posts, the smart aleck tone and condescension comes through as clearly as ever. Sure seems sad to go through life with that kind of talent, and such a sour attitude! Honestly, I DO feel sorry for you Larry...

Scott

Fred Agnir
10-06-2003, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> For instance, I'd certainly be interested in learning about your 17 kinds of draw! <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Scott, I thought it was FL who had 17 kinds of draw.

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, Scott. Just like I thought it was FL not Plato 17 who says things like:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast Larry:</font><hr>Fast say's 5 gets you 8 you are not a nun

5 gets you 8 you never got out of the third grade bozo,

5 gets you 8 you are now playing with an Elk Master,

5 gets you 8, 90% of you people either don't understand a word of this

were Minguad, Hood, Hoppe &amp; Caras, 5 gets you 8, 3 of them, you dont have a clue who they are

<hr /></blockquote>

Oh wait, Plato 17 said:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Plato 17:</font><hr>7 will get you 11, you would rather see Korr play, right.
<hr /></blockquote>

My bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ would have gotten a few 8's for my 5's

10-06-2003, 05:50 PM

Keith McCready
10-06-2003, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>and McCreedy took over. He was racing around the table like a mad drum majoritte (sp?)<hr /></blockquote>

More like a mad drum majorette. Whitewolf and Plato, McCREADY, not McCreedy.

Playing certain players in tournaments with the rule of winner rack your own, you do have to look at the balls, the way they are racked, because a lot of times the side ball will fly in on the break if the rack is a little loose in certain areas.

When I have to rack my own after winning a game, I even slug myself unintentionally with a bad rack.

When I see the the same side balls flying in the same pockets on the break consecutively break after break, naturally I am concerned about the rack. And anybody else that is in my position is going to be concerned, too, no matter who you are playing.

This is the reason why the Sardo rack is used in major tournaments. It is to elminate those discussions about good and bad racks.

From my experience, there are pool players that rack better than others.

As far as what this thread was about, I hope I answered it in a correct way.

Earthquake

cueball1950
10-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Hi Scott.... JJust recently i was talking with another traveling trick shot artist bca instructor. I asked him what he could tell me about fl/plato and whatever other names he uses. More or less told me he is a real big loser who just recently finished DEAD LAST in a trick shot competition. He also told me FL has more than a few screws loose. Let him step up and play Keith a little 9 ball or 1 hole. Hell, play him some banks. i would back Keith and so would alot of other people. Keith is one of the most colorful. if not the most colorful players out there today. And the Man can play. I am DAM PROUD to call Keith and his girlfriend Jenny friends..........................mike

plato 17
10-06-2003, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith McCready:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr>and McCreedy took over. He was racing around the table like a mad drum majoritte (sp?)<hr /></blockquote>

More like a mad drum majorette. Whitewolf and Plato, McCREADY, not McCreedy.

Playing certain players in tournaments with the rule of winner rack your own, you do have to look at the balls, the way they are racked, because a lot of times the side ball will fly in on the break if the rack is a little loose in certain areas.

When I have to rack my own after winning a game, I even slug myself unintentionally with a bad rack.

When I see the the same side balls flying in the same pockets on the break consecutively break after break, naturally I am concerned about the rack. And anybody else that is in my position is going to be concerned, too, no matter who you are playing.

This is the reason why the Sardo rack is used in major tournaments. It is to elminate those discussions about good and bad racks.

From my experience, there are pool players that rack better than others.

As far as what this thread was about, I hope I answered it in a correct way.

Earthquake <hr /></blockquote>

The question is simple, have you ever played using the handle wc, or any variation of wc, such as wild card. Are you Yappin Wolf. Yappin wolf has been positively been cpu traced to be living in your back yard in DC, there are only two people on the board who fit the mo to be yappin, you are one of those two. Are you Yappin wolf, if not, then give the wolf up, tell us who is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith McCready
10-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Plato, I have never played anybody with a WC or wild card. And there ain't no yappin wolf in my back yard either. Just a big old black dog named Sammy. He doesn't know how to use the computer.

Earthquake

cycopath
10-07-2003, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith McCready:</font><hr>And there ain't no yappin wolf in my back yard either. Just a big old black dog named Sammy. He doesn't know how to use the computer.

Earthquake <hr /></blockquote>ROFLMAO!!!!

Does Sammy know any trickshots?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-07-2003, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith McCready:</font><hr>And there ain't no yappin wolf in my back yard either. Just a big old black dog named Sammy. He doesn't know how to use the computer.

Earthquake <hr /></blockquote>ROFLMAO!!!!

Does Sammy know any trickshots? <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe we should set up a challenge match between Sammy and Wonder Dog /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif