PDA

View Full Version : I purchased Quick-Clean, it really works!

ladybilliards
10-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Some one posted info on Quick-Clean for cleaning pool tables so I clicked on the link, phoned the company, asked a few questions and ordered the product. I hesitantly sprayed in on my blue simonis cloth just as the directions said (mist lightly) and low and behold, it works great.
Now my table is fairly new, delivered in May but I play on it about 5 times a week. I always keep a cover over the table so it doesn't get too dirty but you can definitely notice a differece. I do think that the cloth will last longer than using the brush that will wear the cloth over time.

fyi. lb

Tom_In_Cincy
10-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Lady,
I saw the QuickClean product upclose at this year's US Open.
I was impressed. It really is a quick cleaning product.
I saw the pros practicing on tables, pause and let the QuickClean people do the tables, then the pros went back to practicing.. all in about 10 minuts (maybe less). No complaints either.

Rich R.
10-04-2003, 07:04 AM
Do you happen to know how many times you can clean your table with one can of the product?
If not, please give us an update later.

Also, at the Open, after they sprayed the table, they wiped it off with a tool, looked like something used for cleaning windows. Is that tool available from the company?
If not, what do they recommend for home use?

plato 17
10-04-2003, 05:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Do you happen to know how many times you can clean your table with one can of the product?
If not, please give us an update later.

Also, at the Open, after they sprayed the table, they wiped it off with a tool, looked like something used for cleaning windows. Is that tool available from the company?
If not, what do they recommend for home use? <hr /></blockquote>

Brush the cloth, then vacuum it, then take a damp small towel and wipe up what chalk dust is left, total cost, zero.
Why you people love to spend money on gadjets when free works better amazes me. You clean your shaft with the same method, damp towel, then dry, cost, zero. Same on your grip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

JMD in VA
10-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Tom:

We tried it in a poolroom here and it wasn't good. It was as if it put a coat over the slate and would not allow the chalk to settle to the slate. Instead, it stayed in the cloth and made everyone's hands dirty and speed went totally out the window. Even a company who sell tables here have had complaints. It might be ok on home tables and those pro tables they use for a week at the Open, but if it is used on a table that gets constant use, we have found it made play very difficult. Just an opinion.

CarolNYC
10-06-2003, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brush the cloth, then vacuum it, then take a damp small towel and wipe up what chalk dust is left, total cost, zero <hr /></blockquote>
Tap!Tap!Tap!
At the players meeting in Albuquerque, Henry Hayes OF Simonis, said just this!
Good luck!
Carol

ladybilliards
10-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Rich,

I will let you know how many times I can clean the table with one can. Also, I do not have a special tool to wipe up the spray. I was told to use a clean, lint free cloth.

lb

hhsaloon
10-21-2003, 05:06 PM
I bought a can and the tool used to wipe it off the table at the US Open from the mfg. I also have Simonis on my home table, bought last April, and I play about 6 days/wk. I thought it worked great. Have since bought a case. Mfg said I should get about 20 cleanings (7'). Didn't get that many out of first can, but I think I was putting on a little too thick. I brush/loosen the heavier chalk marks first and after cleaning the cloth looks about a 9 (10=new). I like it because its quick and does a much better job than brushing alone. I tried vacuuming once, but I must not have the right attachement and, right or wrong, had some concerns about potentially stretching the cloth.

MikeM
10-22-2003, 09:10 AM
I bought a can and the "dust brush" at the Open also (I'm definitely a gadget lover, FL). I've used it once so far and am impressed. It does a BETTER job than vacuuming and water alone.

I vacuum with my Dirt Devil (another great gadget!) and spray a light mist and wipe off immediately. Looks wonderful right away.

I was wondering about the long term effects like JMD in VA described, so I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

MM

SPetty
10-22-2003, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> I was wondering about the long term effects<hr /></blockquote>I was told by someone who was told by someone that took the cloth off a table where this product had been used that it makes the cloth hard, like cardboard.

Brady_Behrman
10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I really find this hard to believe. The table is cleaner therefore the balls should roll true.

NOTHING BUT GOOD FROM ME ABOUT QUICK-CLEAN!

Sid_Vicious
10-22-2003, 08:07 PM
What's the chance it is silicon based???sid

Rip
10-22-2003, 08:47 PM
They used Quick Clean the first several days of the BCA Pro 9 Ball tournament this year but I believe they stopped using it the last couple of days. You might ask someone who played in that tournament why they suddenly stopped using the product. Or you could email and ask Steve Tipton.

I wouldn't even consider using it on my home table.

Rip~~inventor of the latest pool players aid...EYEBALL EXTENSIONS. Photos will be available soon!

david
10-23-2003, 08:54 AM
You can clean a 9 foot table 15 times with one can. Usually the first few times that you use it you will put it on to heavy. Mark your can when you get 7 marks you should have 1/2 can left. when you finish cleaning touch your table it should be dry if not you have used to much. I do sell the microfiber wipers for cleaning the table. The trick is how fast you get it off your table, the quicker you get it off the better that it works. The wiper will let you get it off in less than 60 seconds.

david
10-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Thats funny when I called simonis they said that you should never put a damp cloth on you table. maby you should call them at 1 800 simonis before you kill your table.

david
10-23-2003, 09:09 AM
The only long term effects that Quick-Clean will have is that your cloth will last longer and play better. It will not make your cloth hard like cardboard.

david
10-23-2003, 09:13 AM
Quick-Clean does not have silicon in it.

DoomCue
10-23-2003, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote plato 17:</font><hr>Brush the cloth, then vacuum it, then take a damp small towel and wipe up what chalk dust is left, total cost, zero.<hr /></blockquote>

Make sure that the vacuum is brushless to ensure less wear on cloth. At my local room, they lightly spray the table with a mixture of water and a little vinegar, then just wipe the table down with a lint-free cloth. They don't ever vacuum, and the cloth lasts around 18 months (Simonis 860).

-djb

david
10-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Quick-Clean was not used at the BCA 9 ball tournament this year. If you want to know about Quick-Clean you can call Steve Tipton at 1 901 821-9722 and he can help. We are the official cleaner of the US Open,Trump 10 Ball,Pensula Open,Durby City classic,Glass city Classic,Allen Hopkins Expo,Legends of One Pocket and Stright pool and many more. Quick-Clean is used on the womens Pro Tour,Viking Tour, J Pechauer Tour and many more. It is being used by more than 300 pool rooms and thousands of home owners with great seccess.

wolfdancer
10-23-2003, 01:57 PM
I tried a can, and saw no improvement...I'm still missing the same shots as before, only the tables cleaner...

wolfdancer
10-23-2003, 02:01 PM
He said "tap, tap, tap"???? what did it mean, an will it help my game??

Rip
10-23-2003, 08:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote david:</font><hr> Quick-Clean was not used at the BCA 9 ball tournament this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------
David,
I recall Tipton making a big production of spraying the white foamy stuff from a couple of feet above the table and using the "specially designed squeegee" to quickly wipe it off the cloth. Robin Dodson was selling it from her booth. I was sitting with a few others from CCB during this event. Maybe that's why Tipton and his staff stopped using it mid-tournament...because it wasn't official???

I admit there were a few very nice margaritas being served and I could be wrong. Maybe a couple of other CCBr's who attended the event could either confirm my recollection--or confirm that I have gone completely insane. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

David, I hope you sell truck loads of your product. I don't like mayonnaise either but that hasn't kept Kraft Foods from being successful!

Regards,
Rip~~appreciates a good margarita and people with an entrepenaurial spirit!

david
10-24-2003, 10:26 AM
Rip,
I don't think that you have gone insane yet. Steve tipton was at the BCA showing off the new product. You are right when you say that we couldn't clean the tables because we were not the official cleaner. Anything that you see in the playing area is a paid advertiser. I do not pay to clean the tables at the events that I go to, The promoters see the need and advantage and ask us to come and help them. The players are always happy to see us show up,it does make the playing conditions much better. Thanks for your kind words!

CarolNYC
10-25-2003, 03:39 AM
Hi David,
I'll take your word for it-maybe I misunderstood!
I think Quick-clean does a terrific job at tournaments-it does exactly what it says "Quick Cleans"
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
10-25-2003, 03:40 AM
No, Im sorry Wolfdancer,
Tapping will not help your game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Good luck!
Carol