PDA

View Full Version : Books and Such

Fred Agnir
10-04-2003, 05:06 PM
What a week. I received Byrne's new book, Complete Book of Pool of Pool Shots - 350 Moves Every Player Should Know.

It's a typical Byrne offering, with more emphasis on moves/patterns rather than shooting instructional. Much of the shots are in his other book(s). As with his others, this is a must-have in any pool players library.

An interesting note of coincidence, I must point out a blatant error in this book. There is a discussion of Van Gogh's "The Night Café" as well as Gauguin's "In the Café in Arles." For those who care, the works are of the same café. Anyway, in case anyone gets too perplexed, the captions in Byrne's book are mislabeled and are reversed.

I also got Capelle's Play Your Best Pool, finally. I wanted to get the free shipping from Amazon. You know, it costs a lot to save money.

While I was at it, I went ahead and got the latest version of Byrne's Standard Book. I've had the 1st Ed. forever, and it is completely worn out and tattered. For $7.98, I couldn't pass it up. This new version is the 3rd Ed. I think. Pretty much the same as the 2nd edition.

And to top it off this week, I just received the new Mueller's Catalog. For those who anxiously await what new front cover Mueller's has for the year, I'm sad to report that this year's cover is similar to one they used just a few years ago. Oh well.

Anyway, the multi-dot Aramith cueball seen on the TV table at the U.S. 9-ball Open is available through them. I believe I need to get me one of them.

Fred

JPB
10-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Good, I just ordered that Byrne book and got the buy 2 right now amazon thing and got Pleasure of Small Motions w/ it since people here recommended it. I've been ordering books lately too. Glad to hear the byrne book is good.

I have been thinking of taking my old byrne standard book in for binding. It is tattered and the pages are coming out. I might have a printing shop bind it in a spiral thing so I can open it and lay it flat on the table. I will probably separate the pool and billiard sections. I might have to take the billiards section and drive a couple hours to hit around some billiard balls. There are some shots in there I need to try to hit.

tateuts
10-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi Fred,

In the new Mueller's catalog, is there a photo of the Porper Q Lathe? I took the pic for Joe the day of the deadline and e-mailed it to them for publishing.

Chris

Fred Agnir
10-04-2003, 05:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Hi Fred,

In the new Mueller's catalog, is there a photo of the Porper Q Lathe? I took the pic for Joe the day of the deadline and e-mailed it to them for publishing.

Chris <hr /></blockquote> The Porper Mini-Q-Lathe in this catalog is the same picture as the last catalog.

Fred

Jimmy B
10-05-2003, 02:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> the multi-dot Aramith cueball seen on the TV table at the U.S. 9-ball Open is available through them. I believe I need to get me one of them.

Fred

<hr /></blockquote>

I could have had one of those /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think in my old age I'm getting soft. JB

Sneakster
10-05-2003, 03:54 AM
What's with the new spotted cue ball?

Alfie
10-05-2003, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sneakster:</font><hr> What's with the new spotted cue ball? <hr /></blockquote>You can see how it is spinning.

.......... that's all

Sneakster
10-05-2003, 01:56 PM
IMO that's what practise balls are for and it makes it look like its got chicken pox.

plato 17
10-05-2003, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> What a week. I received Byrne's new book, Complete Book of Pool of Pool Shots - 350 Moves Every Player Should Know.

It's a typical Byrne offering, with more emphasis on moves/patterns rather than shooting instructional. Much of the shots are in his other book(s). As with his others, this is a must-have in any pool players library.

An interesting note of coincidence, I must point out a blatant error in this book. There is a discussion of Van Gogh's "The Night Café" as well as Gauguin's "In the Café in Arles." For those who care, the works are of the same café. Anyway, in case anyone gets too perplexed, the captions in Byrne's book are mislabeled and are reversed.

I also got Capelle's Play Your Best Pool, finally. I wanted to get the free shipping from Amazon. You know, it costs a lot to save money.

While I was at it, I went ahead and got the latest version of Byrne's Standard Book. I've had the 1st Ed. forever, and it is completely worn out and tattered. For $7.98, I couldn't pass it up. This new version is the 3rd Ed. I think. Pretty much the same as the 2nd edition.

And to top it off this week, I just received the new Mueller's Catalog. For those who anxiously await what new front cover Mueller's has for the year, I'm sad to report that this year's cover is similar to one they used just a few years ago. Oh well.

Anyway, the multi-dot Aramith cueball seen on the TV table at the U.S. 9-ball Open is available through them. I believe I need to get me one of them.

Fred

Thanks Fred for some good solid information and review of your thoughts.
That is what this board is supposed to be about and that is it's primary function and attraction. When the board is used by a rack em up to do nothing but trash people and carry out non stop vendetta's, that is what runs people off of the boards and makes most of them to stop posting out of fear they can be the next victim. When that occurs, everyone loses, only rack em up wins, or in his head he think he wins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif