PDA

View Full Version : Places in NJ

BigBlue56
10-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Hi, new to posting here, been lurking for a long time. I've read there are a lot of people from NY, NJ on here. I was hoping someone could recommend a good place to buy a cue, preferably in Central NJ. I have read a lot on here in the past that you want to try a cue out for feel before you purchase, now the places I've been to would not let me hit a ball with the cue. Is it a myth or do places exist were they will let you shoot a few balls to try out a cue?

Thanks,
BigBlue

UTAddb
10-05-2003, 10:30 PM
It's definitely not a myth, most places will let you hit with their cues. I don't know any shops in the area though.

curt
10-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Big Blue, I can reccomend The Q-Ball in Vineland. Room owner Jose Garcia sells a variety of Q's at really good prices.Their # is 856-691-8789. Hope this helps,

br8knrun52
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Hey Big,
You can try The Greenroom in Maple Shade, NJ...pretty decent prices. Just ask for the owner Joe W...856-482-2227.

BigBlue56
10-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the replies, those places mentioned are a little far, I don't mind taking a ride but I would like to have a place closer to home when I need something. Even if being able to try a cue is not an option, I would rather pay more and have the service and convenience as opposed to buying over the internet. Now I just realized after seeing a post about Comet Billiards which I found out is in Parsippany (happens to be the town I work in) is close by and has a pro shop. I'm gonna have to take a ride and check it out.

I'll report back after I check it out for anyone else who may want to know.

Thanks,
BigBlue

Eric.
10-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Feel free to PM me, I know of several places near Comet (including Comet-ask for Bill or Marcia).

Eric