PDA

View Full Version : My first POOL cue.

Qtec
10-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Bought this on e-bay UK for $134, with case.

Well pleased, but can I play with it?

Qtec http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/00/9f/a4/80_1.JPG

tateuts
10-06-2003, 10:14 AM
Qtec,

Well, you did get yourself a good deal!

That stick should have gone for around $200 used. I think you're going to like the way Meucci's play. I would like to know what you think - I think they play great.

You can order an extra shaft from Meucci if you want. Since you're an instructor, you might be able to get the "dealer" rate of $75 for a red dot. They'll also do custom lengths, etc. for about $100. They take two to three weeks to make one.

Have fun with it!

Chris

Qtec
10-06-2003, 10:38 AM
I,m going to hit some balls tonight.

I also thought it was a good deal. I reckon if I dont like it , I can always at least get my money back. Not too many pool cues for sale on e-bay UK. There was only one other bid for this one?

Let you know. Cheers.

Qtec

road runner 711
10-06-2003, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Bought this on e-bay UK for $134, with case.

Well pleased, but can I play with it?

Qtec http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/00/9f/a4/80_1.JPG <hr /></blockquote>

What a dumb question, did you ever think to take the thing out on a table and find out, if it's a dog, put it back up for sale and dump it. You put a good tip on a broom and I can run out, All I need is a straight shaft and a nice tip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
10-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Meucci report.

Got to the PH and my two friends were already playing.I hit about 10 balls and we started playing 9b,winner stays on.
I lost the first four games I played and the guys started woofin."Can you still get your money back?" etc
I was hitting them well but my shape was a little erratic, as one would expect. Then I won a game , then another and then I almost ran 4 racks. LOL They didnt like that much. After a couple of hours, they wanted to quit ,LOL. On average I was winning 7 racks and losing 1.

The long draw is much easier with the extra weight. The tip is about 12mm, the guy that sold it was a snooker player so I think he found 13mm a bit too big, as I do.

The cue as a whole has is not perfectly straight, maybe 2mm off line, but the red dot shaft is straight. I found it to be well balanced and reasonably solid. Its 18.5 oz which suits me fine. It doesnt have a wrap, which is also what I wanted.

I hardly missed a ball all night. When I did it was either [A]my timing was out or [B] I mis-calculated the amount of squirt.

All in all, it is money well spent.

I am one happy camper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

1Time
10-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Qtec, thanks for sharing your first positive experience with your new cue. That's just great. You've got to love a Meucci that gives you that kind of play.

Icon of Sin
10-07-2003, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What a dumb question, did you ever think to take the thing out on a table and find out, if it's a dog, put it back up for sale and dump it. You put a good tip on a broom and I can run out, All I need is a straight shaft and a nice tip.

Road Runner 711

<hr /></blockquote>
Calm down newbie, he was asking a simple question.

That was a good deal, congrats and glad you like it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif