PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea on the Worth of a '70's Mali Cue?

nhp
10-06-2003, 08:07 AM
I've got this old Mali cuestick I bought a few years ago off of a friend. Its extremely light and old looking, it's got those retro 70's colors like red and green around the joint and butt. It's got a plastic joint and it's in pretty good condition. Anyways recently someone told me what decade it's from, so I was very surprised, and he said it might be worth a decent amount of money. Can anyone gimme an estimate of it's worth?

BLACKHEART
10-06-2003, 10:20 AM
The average used pool Q in good condition sells for about 1/2 of it's new retail price. Few Qs INCREASE in value. A good rule of thumb is if a Q was made by someone famous, owned by someone famous, if only a very few of a perticular model of a well made Q, were made or if it is loaded with Ivory & jewels, only then would someone be willing to pay more as a collector Q. Being OLD doesn't mean a Q is worth collecting. As far as your Mali, a top selling model of that era would have retailed for about $300-$400 & were not very well made. Play with it & enjoy it ,but don't expect more than $100 if you sell it...JER

bolo
10-06-2003, 03:47 PM
I would not be so quick to say that. Many of the early McDermott's sell for twice what they listed for. Some of the early C line are sought after. They made I believe it was the C 5 that looked just like a Joss and was a very popular cue. They retailed for $120.00 and you could get $300. 00 or more for one today if you could find one. The old Palmers are way up there, same with many Adams, so you can't generalize.

tateuts
10-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi Nat,

Why don't you bring it in Wednesday night and we'll look it up in the Blue Book? Unfortunately, not too many Mali collectors out there.

Looks like Arnold's going to be the governor. I think I'd rather have him grabbing girls asses than Gray Davis pulling our weenies.

Chris

nhp
10-07-2003, 05:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Hi Nat,

Why don't you bring it in Wednesday night and we'll look it up in the Blue Book? Unfortunately, not too many Mali collectors out there.

Chris

<hr /></blockquote>

Hi Chris, I'll try to stop by next week, I've got midterms this whole week so I'm gonna hit the books, and I know if I stop by the poolhall I won't leave.

As long as Arnold protects us from invading cyborgs I will not have a problem with his being governor. Seriously though, Arnold had my vote until I found out Pete Wilson is his campaign manager, so it makes me wonder if Arnold will be under any influence by him (I think Wilson is a racist SOB for his prop 187, which in most part was found to be un-constitutional). I didn't really see a candidate who outshined Arnold, so I chose not to vote.