PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: People in NYC - I have an extra ticket...

CrispyFish
10-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I hope this isn't against the posting guidelines -- somebody let me know if it is:

I have an extra ticket to the Friday evening section (6pm-1am) of the World Pool Summit at Amsterdam Billiards East. My girlfriend was supposed to go with me, but her mother is in town so she had to skip out. That leaves me with an extra ticket. It's $25 (original cost) for 7 hours of world-class pool. Please PM me if you're interested. Maybe you could even keep me company (but you don't get to hold my hand, sorry /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

-CF

9 Ball Girl
10-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Check you PM, check your PM, check your PM!!!!

CrispyFish
10-06-2003, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Check you PM, check your PM, check your PM!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
Okay, your turn to check your PM. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Wahoo!!!! Gonna go see some good pool!!!!

Wendy~~~will feel funny not having Cathy sitting to the right of me.../ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-06-2003, 01:35 PM
What kind of tournament? Is there anything on AZB about it?

9 Ball Girl
10-06-2003, 01:49 PM
Didn't see anything on AZB about it, but I got the flyer off of the UPA site:

The Fury World Summit of Pool (http://www.upatour.org/images/furyworldsummit.pdf)

Ken
10-06-2003, 08:24 PM
It's supposed to be a "World Summit Of Pool" but it's really just Charlie the Dragon and the UPAyours putting on a poor excuse for an open tournament. It's been reported that Earl, Keith, Corey, Frankie and Troy are now banned from playing. You couldn't pay me enough to attend this event.

It's time for everyone to recognize the harm that this organization is doing to pool. Now they want $1500 off the top in exchange for their sanctioning, although I bet CW doesn't have to pay that. Spectators should do the right thing and boycott any UPA event.

There's plenty of good pool around without having to pay to watch their "touring pros". Instead, support some decent tours that are open to everyone.
Ken in CT

Keith McCready
10-06-2003, 09:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> It's been reported that Earl, Keith, Corey, Frankie and Troy are now banned from playing.<hr /></blockquote>

Ken, please e-mail me at your convenience when you've got time.

Earthquake

justbrake
10-07-2003, 03:07 AM
would you know if there still selling tickets to this event!I was there last sat and i didn't hear or see anything about this. Thanks

CrispyFish
10-07-2003, 04:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> It's supposed to be a "World Summit Of Pool" but it's really just Charlie the Dragon and the UPAyours putting on a poor excuse for an open tournament. It's been reported that Earl, Keith, Corey, Frankie and Troy are now banned from playing. You couldn't pay me enough to attend this event.

It's time for everyone to recognize the harm that this organization is doing to pool. Now they want $1500 off the top in exchange for their sanctioning, although I bet CW doesn't have to pay that. Spectators should do the right thing and boycott any UPA event.

There's plenty of good pool around without having to pay to watch their "touring pros". Instead, support some decent tours that are open to everyone.
Ken in CT <hr /></blockquote>
Well, Ken, I'm personally pretty excited about the roster. I've never been to a pro tourney before and these are many of the top players in the game. It's unfortunate that pool --like everything else in this world-- is tarnished by politics, but that doesn't mean it won't be a great show.

-CF &lt;~~~ Hoping to see an Immonen vs. Reyes matchup.

CrispyFish
10-07-2003, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote justbrake:</font><hr> would you know if there still selling tickets to this event!I was there last sat and i didn't hear or see anything about this. Thanks <hr /></blockquote>
Yup, they still have tickets. Call Amsterdam's east side location and you can order over the phone.

-CF