PDA

View Full Version : He finally got out from behind the wheel

Tom_In_Cincy
10-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Long enough to start his website.. still underconstuction... but long over due..
Scott's own..

www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

Billy
10-07-2003, 02:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Long enough to start his website.. still underconstuction... but long over due..
Scott's own..

www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com) <hr /></blockquote>

yes, long overdue

using this board as his personal secretary was getting old imo

flashing his occupation with every post,soliciting for business thru out the US

yes, long overdue

surprised BD would put up with it for so long.regular posters/instructors that wouldn't stoop to bargain basement marketing strategies such as Fran and Randy G who could have did the same soliciting their respective businesses but refrained ... kudos to their professionalism

now when one seeks Scott Lee's services they'll know where to go /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif and to where he can solicit,log his schedule,and post his occupation with neon signs till the cows come home /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

all the best with the business and congrats on the new website Mr. Lee that was yes, long overdue

now give some of us a rest

jmo

cycopath
10-07-2003, 10:36 AM
That's about as unfair a post as I've ever read on this board, Billy.

You really should be ashamed of yourself. That sh*t is totally uncalled for.

eg8r
10-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Hey Billy,

How many times did someone come on the board asking where Scott is going to be at, or requesting info from Scott? I believe that would be perfectly legitimate for him to respond.

eg8r

Billy
10-07-2003, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> That's about as unfair a post as I've ever read on this board, Billy.

You really should be ashamed of yourself. That sh*t is totally uncalled for.

<hr /></blockquote>

unfair,ashamed,uncalled for ?

sorry to ruffle your feathers young man but unfair no

who it is unfair to is every legitimate business owner who has the proper advertising budget set aside for gaining customers without breaking or bending the rules of these types of newsgroups which btw ...

- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.

no I'm not ashamed as well.Lee does provide a valuable service and is a credit to our game but doesn't need to garner monies thru any newsgroup that asks you not.the proper places,imo,would be to advertise and solicit his business at his seminars,exhibitions,tournaments,billiard publications,etc or thru his long overdue website as I stated

nor do I think it was uncalled for.it needed to be said on behalf of all the business owners that strive to do it the proper and correct ways.as an example what if every advertiser in the Billiards Digest decided to do their thing thru the ccb?how much revenue would the magazine lose?

jmo

cycopath
10-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Read eg8r's post. That's exactly what I'm saying. Scott never solicited business. People asked and he responded, usually through PMs and not on the board. That's how I secured time with him.
I'm absolutely sure 99.9% of the CCB are glad Mr. Lee is a member in good standing here, and I'm also sure that same percentage is not at all offended or insulted that he coincidently gains business from posting here.

Billy
10-07-2003, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hey Billy,

How many times did someone come on the board asking where Scott is going to be at, or requesting info from Scott? I believe that would be perfectly legitimate for him to respond.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

yes a request for his services would be fine imo to respond

but c'mon ...

As mentioned, I will be in the DFW area all this week, should anyone be interested in a private lesson. Contact me here,via PM, or email.

Scott Lee

just the latest plea for a buck while in Dallas.this is the core of my reply to these types of posts eg8r.

and of course this is only my opinion /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ras314
10-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Quote Billy
" no I'm not ashamed as well.Lee does provide a valuable service and is a credit to our game but doesn't need to garner monies thru any newsgroup that asks you not.the proper places,imo,would be to advertise and solicit his business at his seminars,exhibitions,tournaments,billiard publications,etc or thru his long overdue website as I stated "

I agree the web site will be a big help. But don't see how he could advertise a schedule in any mag since he travels so much. And is willing to go some distance out of his way to meet a student.

Do you happen to know of any traveling instructor that uses the methods you describe? Or is Scott one of a kind?

Got to admit being a little po'd at your post.

eg8r
10-07-2003, 02:24 PM
I don't mind one bit.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-07-2003, 02:27 PM
I think the main purpose of this board is to provide an opportunity for pool players to share information and knowledge with each other. Scott has shared a lot with all of us online, and I see no problem with him making himself available to a lot of players who otherwise might not have access to a qualified instructor.

Scott Lee
10-07-2003, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr>

just the latest plea for a buck while in Dallas.this is the core of my reply to these types of posts eg8r.

and of course this is only my opinion /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Billy...You are sadly mistaken. I don't "fish" for students and/or lessons. People seek me out! If you choose not to be interested, that's certainly your privilege, and I wish you success in your game! If I wanted to fish for lessons, I would 'troll' the poolrooms.
I have neither the time, nor inclination to do that. Posters continuously come on this board asking where I am, and what my plans are. Yes, it will be an advantage to have the website, where I can post this information. I have received hundreds of requests for instruction. I also will continue to respond to posts on the CCB directed to me, and asking those same questions. As far as my "neon sign" signature, as you called it...that was created, and posted for me by a friend and fellow poster, and I happen to like it...even if you don't!

Scott Lee

Sally
10-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Scott, I hope you didn't feel as if you needed to dignify Billy's post with a response. I strongly doubt that anyone agrees with him.

Popcorn
10-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Don't even dignify it with a response.

CrispyFish
10-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Scott,

I think there is a world of difference between information that is posted by spammers and information that is posted by people of good standing in the community whose services are in demand. You are clearly the latter.

-CF &lt;--- wishes all the drama would go away.

phil in sofla
10-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I've heard of threats to get out from anywhere on the table, but getting out from behind the wheel, presumably no closer to the pool table than the parking lot, well, that is outstanding.

Thanks for mentioning the website.

Ralph S.
10-07-2003, 04:27 PM
Billy boy, it sounds like you may be just a tad bit jealous. Scott does put those posts up like that for one reason only, the reason being that in that large of a metro area he can reach his students all at once in one thread instead of having ten different threads of people saying "Scott when are you gonna be in Dallas"?

Besides, it is usually the posters seeking him, not the other way around. I also find it unusal that you singled out Scott, but didnt say anything about Charlie Williams plugging his pool school workshops.

Picking on certain people on this board, particularly the most well respect ones like Scott, will generally draw much criticism. It would be advisable to put some thought into a statment like you made before you start flaming that individual publicly.

Ralph S.
10-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the website Scott. It looks great but I really wanna see the finished product. So, get cracking LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
10-07-2003, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As far as my "neon sign" signature, as you called it...that was created, and posted for me by a friend and fellow poster, and I happen to like it...even if you don't!
<hr /></blockquote> Where has she been lately????

eg8r

bell
10-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Congratulations Scott!!
Looks like a super website and a great resource for pool players. Now get working on that book!

A gratefull student.

Billy:
"now give some of us a rest" Billy you are wound way too tight and please.. do take a rest.

dg-in-centralpa
10-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Congratulations Scott and Best of Luck!

DG

Scott Lee
10-07-2003, 10:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Where has she been lately????

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Ed...Hawaiian Fantasy is fine! She has been working hard, and hasn't had much time to spend on pool. I talk to her every now and again, and plan to see her and DJ, when I go to Hawaii next year!

Scott

Billy
10-08-2003, 12:36 AM
<hr /></blockquote>
Billy...You are sadly mistaken. I don't "fish" for students and/or lessons. People seek me out! If you choose not to be interested, that's certainly your privilege, and I wish you success in your game! If I wanted to fish for lessons, I would 'troll' the poolrooms.
I have neither the time, nor inclination to do that. Posters continuously come on this board asking where I am, and what my plans are. Yes, it will be an advantage to have the website, where I can post this information. I have received hundreds of requests for instruction. I also will continue to respond to posts on the CCB directed to me, and asking those same questions. As far as my "neon sign" signature, as you called it...that was created, and posted for me by a friend and fellow poster, and I happen to like it...even if you don't!

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

WHATEVER ...

a sincere all the best with the business and the new website

and I do like your neon sign advertisement

jmo

eg8r
10-08-2003, 07:06 AM
Very cool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

RUNaRAK
10-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Post deleted by RUNaRAK

Tom_In_Cincy
10-09-2003, 12:23 PM
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)