PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox Cowboy Up!!!!!!!!!

Kato
10-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Big time.

Yankees vs Red Sox

Marlins vs Cubs

Could it get any better than this?

My dream World Series is still in tact. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Barbara
10-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Okay, even though I'm not following too much this year, I would like to see a RS vs Cubbies.

But even that would be a heartbreaker to see the winner. How could I root for either one when I like both of them?

Barbara~~~roots for the underdog (AND is a HUGE Jennifer Barretta fan - so that explains THAT match at Castle...

Tom_In_Cincy
10-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Kato,

I've been a BoSox fan since the very early 1950s.. when I was learning about baseball. And, learning about BoSox baseball meant that you learned to hate the Yankees. nough said..

I've hated the Cubs since the early 60s when I became a St. Louis Cardinal Fan..... I listened to Harry Cary and Jack Buck on my little transister radio during the hot summer nites in Memphis.

I died when Harry left for Chicago..

Dreams... the BoSox have had a nightmare since 1918...

The BOSOX are DUE...

Ralph S.
10-07-2003, 02:54 AM
I need say no more than this. The dynamic duo {Wood-Prior} along with the gruesome twosome {Zambrano-Clement} Lets just call them the Fearsome Foursome!!! The Cubs over the RedSox in four. That my friends is your World Series outcome. GO CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Wold Series = Red Sox vs. Marlins.

Question: Who does Kato root for? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Answer: No one. He just sits and grins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-07-2003, 04:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>I've been a BoSox fan since the very early 1950s. <hr /></blockquote>
How can that be??????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Your only 25 now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-07-2003, 06:11 AM
KATO...a DINNER bet? I'll take the YANKEE'S and I suppose you'll take the Bo-Sox? Good luck...&lt;Voodoo shuffle's away laughing at the CURSED one's&gt;

Kato
10-07-2003, 06:16 AM
Sounds like a plan Voodoo. Remember the last time you went head to head with me? Maryland beats Kansas.

Kato~~~go Sox

PS. In a Marlins vs Red Sox WS I would have to root for the Red Sox even though it would pain me to do so.

eg8r
10-07-2003, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been a BoSox fan since the very early 1950s.. when I was learning about baseball. And, learning about BoSox baseball meant that you learned to hate the Yankees. nough said..
<hr /></blockquote> One other thing you learned....How to lose. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is going to be a great series. I cannot wait.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Can I have a piece of this action? Please, please, please, please, PLEAASSSSSSEEEEE!

Kato, if the Bosox beat the Yankees (laughing as that was typed), I'll pay for your dinner at the next CCB Dinner Outing. Now, if the Yankees beat the Bosox, what do I get?

Can the Bosox survive the:

The Curse of the Bambino (http://www.hbo.com/bambino/)

Kato
10-07-2003, 08:23 AM
You're on. What do you win? I'm not a real big fan of open ended bets but I guess whatever. You're begging, that's gotta count for something.

Kato

Bruins Fan
10-07-2003, 08:38 AM
I look for the reason but there's nothing to see, Just a hole in my memory where my mind used to be. Something for the yankee fans to ponder in the off season.

There is no curse of the bambino. There is just a destiny for us this year. We are coming and it will not be easy but we are going to COWBOY UP and bring it.

wolfdancer
10-07-2003, 08:59 AM
The train has arrived safely at the station, contrary to reports of a wreck......"Oh Ye, of little faith"

Voodoo Daddy
10-07-2003, 09:04 AM
I wont say another word...at the end whoever is in the world series wont change my love for the PINSTRIPES. Good luck to all Bo-Sox...you'll need it!!

Voodoo~~~only roots for all NY PRO teams, Notre Dame football and KANSAS B-Ball...

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2003, 09:17 AM
I can't let a good bet go by...

Kato
10-07-2003, 09:21 AM
They sure did turn it around. The bullpen made sure most of us were so wound up we couldn't sleep last night. I drank 1/4 bottle of Nyquil just so I could. Yes the train pulled in the station. Yes the ship is righted. Yes you were right. Yes I'm a fatalist.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
10-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Ahhhh, there's nothing like baseball rivalries in October. I love it! Well, like Voodoo said, no more woofing from here on. We'll just all have to wait and see what happens. Or like my Mom said, who's also a die hard Yankee fan, La Batalla del Siglo translates to The Battle of the Century...

Wendy~~~we'll be leaving work on time to get home to catch all the action!

Eric.
10-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Kato, I'm happy for ya that your teams are doing well BUT...

I gotta stick with my team. I think the Yanks and Sox will be a great series. I remember the game which went down to a 1 game playoff tiebreaker, with little Bucky Dent banging one over the Green Monster for the win. I hope this one will be as good.

Eric &gt;Staart spreadin the newss...

Keith Talent
10-07-2003, 02:57 PM
There's never been an overabundance of goodness or justice in the world, and the black hats and the bullies spend most of the centuries squatting on the rest of us ... think of the hapless slaves who built the pyramids, the poor slobs chained to their oars by the Romans, the serfs living off one-tenth of their endless labors ... and on down to the pismires of modern-day New York City, slapped with ever-rising taxes, $100 parking tickets, and knowing that a 3-bedroom, or even a 2-bed, is the impossible dream, let alone a decent neighborhood school ...

Understanding that this is the usual grim order of things, it is natural that the Yankees should win just about every year and their brutalized fans should jeer us like the cruelest of plantation overseers ... but now and then something crazy happens and the old order is overturned for a season or two ... GO SOX! and GO CUBS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
10-07-2003, 10:58 PM
enjoyed your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey, I was worried by the silence it provoked that maybe some folks were sending a van for me ... or planning an intervention!

Bruins Fan
10-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Let the games begin and may the best team win.
This is going to be a battle and is such fun playing the evil empire. This team from Boston has a great chemistry about it and catching on to every one in Boston.

Good luck with your dinner.

P.S. I love that the a$$ man pic and /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Bruins Fan
10-16-2003, 10:07 PM
OH! my god will the redsox win this game allready.How much more drama can you fill into this game.

Bruins Fan
10-16-2003, 10:13 PM
wow that was great i cannot believe that %$#&amp;@ how do you explain that.&amp;%$#@* yankee fan's again.WOW that was a great series and what a match tap tap tap to the evil empire and we will be back.