PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story guys and gals- A summary

Qtec
10-07-2003, 06:12 AM
Wow. What a debate. i enjoyed it , didnt you?

So many people with different ideas on what the game is all about, how it should be played and for whom it should be played.

For some time now,the BCA has been trying to get pool recognized as an Olympic sport. If they are successful,pool will have to be played in a manner that reflects the Olympic ideals that have made the Olympics what it is today. ie. A celebration of sport,played at the highest level and in FAIR competition.

This is the way pool must go IMO.
It has to be played in a serious manner to achieve the respectiblity that it deserves.

I do think though that we be too hard on KM for being himself. After all, nothing was ever said to him by the ref or TD, and from what I can gather,the crowd were actively encouraging him.

As in all sports, the sport itself must come first , the players second and the crowd last.
If you want to see the best pool, you have to create an enviroment in which they can concentrate and play their best game.

Qtec

8 ball ho
10-07-2003, 01:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Wow. What a debate. i enjoyed it , didnt you?

So many people with different ideas on what the game is all about, how it should be played and for whom it should be played.

For some time now,the BCA has been trying to get pool recognized as an Olympic sport. If they are successful,pool will have to be played in a manner that reflects the Olympic ideals that have made the Olympics what it is today. ie. A celebration of sport,played at the highest level and in FAIR competition.

This is the way pool must go IMO.
It has to be played in a serious manner to achieve the respectiblity that it deserves.

I do think though that we be too hard on KM for being himself. After all, nothing was ever said to him by the ref or TD, and from what I can gather,the crowd were actively encouraging him.

As in all sports, the sport itself must come first , the players second and the crowd last.
If you want to see the best pool, you have to create an enviroment in which they can concentrate and play their best game.

Qtec

<hr /></blockquote>

Read the news in newspapers and not what you real in pool magazines. The IOC is dropping sports, not adding them and reducing everything. Pool is never getting in the Olympics, this is a dead issue and those in pool who's careers depend on keeping this dream alive do not want you to know this. That's too bad, if it became a reality and the money was there, I might think about turning pro and taking a shot at it. By the time that ever happens, the earliest that can be possible is 20 years into the future, I would then be 50 and too old to play. I have gave up on this dream, so should you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Iowashark
10-07-2003, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> I have gave up on this dream, so should you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You have 'given' up on this dream. You and all your degrees should easily have picked up on that one. I only have one degree and it's not even in English, but bad grammer usually irks me. I keep quiet about it most of the time, but since you keep bragging about all your degrees and accomplishments I thought I may humble you.

cycopath
10-07-2003, 01:19 PM
I can see it now, the Americans and the Germans meet around the 9ft Diamond Pro table. A little woofing goes on. The Americans put up their man, then the Germans follow suit. The two players post up there wagers on the Olympic light hanging over the table. Then they lag for the break.

Do you think they'll use some sort of unified Olympic currency for betting, or just the currency from their respective country?

eg8r
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have gave up on this dream, so should you. <hr /></blockquote> Hahahaha. A self-proclaimed ho gave up on something so you should also. Maybe we should give up our aspirations of playing great pool and shoot for more admirable aspirations of using correct grammar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r

Mr Ingrate
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
It is nice to see I'm not the only one. Spelling errors and improper tense occasionally get on my nerves. Every time I take someone to task I invariably have an error in my post.

I know you meant <font color="blue">grammar</font color>.

8 ball ho
10-07-2003, 08:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I can see it now, the Americans and the Germans meet around the 9ft Diamond Pro table. A little woofing goes on. The Americans put up their man, then the Germans follow suit. The two players post up there wagers on the Olympic light hanging over the table. Then they lag for the break.

Do you think they'll use some sort of unified Olympic currency for betting, or just the currency from their respective country?
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes, the referee can be Keith McCreedy holding a long neck bud in his hand and Ronnie Allen can be making the side bets on the front row. The odds can go up on the big screen, will he dump,will he play? We are ready to go, bring it on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif