PDA

View Full Version : No Alcohol/No League play

slim
10-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Its a sad day here in a BCA Colorado Springs Pool League (home of the BCA). The teams playing out of a non smoking/alcohol room cannot play there anymore because the league is requiring alcohol. I have seen fathers bring in their youngin's to watch dad play his heart out to beat the other guy, dad would play one or two rounds and then go, now dad can't do that anymore. What do you think??

pooltchr
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
It sure seems strange that you can't have a team playing where there is no alcohol. I didn't know drinking was a requirement to play pool. Is this a decision made by the local league operator? I don't think the BCA makes rules like that for their leagues, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

Iowashark
10-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Why can they not play there anymore? You would think that just because there will now be alcohol at this bar they could still play there. I guess that the youngin's would maybe no longer be able to come watch, but lots of leagues go really late anyway. I don't see how this would keep them from playing there. I could see how visiting teams would maybe have a problem playing there. I don't know. Jm2c.

Dave~~~enjoys tipping back a few during league and hangin with friends

cycopath
10-07-2003, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>I didn't know drinking was a requirement to play pool. <hr /></blockquote>
It is with me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

plato 17
10-08-2003, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> Its a sad day here in a BCA Colorado Springs Pool League (home of the BCA). The teams playing out of a non smoking/alcohol room cannot play there anymore because the league is requiring alcohol. I have seen fathers bring in their youngin's to watch dad play his heart out to beat the other guy, dad would play one or two rounds and then go, now dad can't do that anymore. What do you think?? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, it is a league rule, to play, you must all night long have a cue in one hand and a long neck bud in the other hand, and be smoking a camel. Everyone knows that.

You could have your league play in your church basement, just put in a couple of bar boxes and you are good to go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alfie
10-08-2003, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> Its a sad day here in a BCA Colorado Springs Pool League (home of the BCA). <hr /></blockquote>Of course the BCA itself has nothing to do with this. The LO can do what he pleases.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote slim:</font><hr> The teams playing out of a non smoking/alcohol room cannot play there anymore because the league is requiring alcohol. I have seen fathers bring in their youngin's to watch dad play his heart out to beat the other guy, dad would play one or two rounds and then go, now dad can't do that anymore. What do you think?? <hr /></blockquote>Methinks you should start your own non-smoking non-boozing league.

jjinfla
10-08-2003, 02:29 PM
It is most likely a requirement of a sponsor that their beverage be sold at the home location. After all, the company is probably sponsoring the BCA to increase sales of their beverage. The same thing would most likely happen if Pepsi was a sponsor and the place only sold Coke.

Jake