PDA

View Full Version : Olathe

burr1t0
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have Olathe results and/or details?

Thanks

Chris Cass
10-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi burr1t0,

That's one tough name you have there. Well, there were 60 or so players. $1200. for first I think and 7 or $800. for second. Steve Richter(sp?) took it off and Jesse Bowman took second. That's all I know. Jess told me the tourneys are getting smaller payoffs there. The cal wasn't too big but it's still better than I've seen lately.

Oh, don't know who did what in the 1 pocket event. The figures could be wrong but there close. I would have gone but I wasn't feeling to well for the trex. The tourney was really hard to make money with the expenses or overhead rather. KS had the Nascar event in town and a Baseball game too. Something like 16000 fans in a small congested area and all the hotels booked. Rooms even in the dives were $100. a nite. That leaves a lot less to leave with, ya know?

Regards,

C.C.~~stickman should know more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

burr1t0
10-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the info. I realize that name is a little awkward, but for some reason I couldn't use burrito spelled out with all letters so I improvised.

Sixty or so players is fairly weak for the October tournament in Olathe. I probably would have gone, but I had prior commitments.

Are you or any of the Q.C. area players going to the Osceola tournament at the end of October? Should be a decent tournament.

Thanks again for the info,

mike_in_iowa
10-08-2003, 12:08 PM
jesse b. gets married that weekend from what I am told. that cuts down on the QC players. thank goodness they are too tough. We weak Des moines players should be well represented though. where are you from and do you go to olathe often. we usually go 2-3 tourneys there a year.