PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite Nintendo game?

Cueless Joey
10-07-2003, 03:53 PM
Regular and Super variety:
I loved Zelda and the sequels. Spent HOUR and HOURS to finish those games.
Metroid. CLASSI shoot-em up game with a twist. The masked hero was a female. No wonder she wore tights. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mike Tyson's Punchout! Classic boxing game.
Star Wars, Super-R Type and Mega Man were also classics imo.

eg8r
10-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Super Mario Bros. That was my first game and I played it religiously. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
10-07-2003, 05:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Super Mario Bros. That was my first game and I played it religiously. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
No wonder you're messed up.
That game had subliminal drug messages.
Mario pulling grass then seeing blinking stars.
Mario saves the princess, fireworks ensues.
Sounds like Clinton's life story.
Of course, he didn't inhale the grass smoke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
10-07-2003, 06:11 PM
ROFL. I am messed up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
10-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Nintendo
Super Mario Bros.
Marble Madness
Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr. pack
Tetris (played for hours and hours and hours...mostly 'cause I was grounded)

Super Nintendo
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3
Super Mario Bros. (came with the system incl. SMB 1, 2, 3 and the battlemode one?)
Mario Bros. RPG
Yoshi's World? (Mario and Luigi are babies)
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Simpsons (Bart's Nightmare and Krusty's Playhouse?)

I still have Atari 2600 and Nintendo put away. Hooked up in my bedroom I have both PlayStation 1 and Super Nintendo. Hooked up in my living room to the surround sound home theater system is PlayStation 2. I have one of those cordless controllers so you can really get comfortable and play without the hassle of the cord being taut or in the way.

Perk
10-08-2003, 11:37 AM
Tecmo Bowl and RBI Baseball (both originals)

Bo Jackson running the ball, LT tackling. Unbeleivable skills. As for the Baseball, still to this day, the only sports game my father was able to figure out. Gone are the days of two button controls.

Cueless Joey
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Tecmo Bowl and RBI Baseball (both originals)

Bo Jackson running the ball, LT tackling. Unbeleivable skills. As for the Baseball, still to this day, the only sports game my father was able to figure out. Gone are the days of two button controls. <hr /></blockquote>
I remember those games. I won the Superbowl. I cheated though with rapid turbo control. You couldn't tackle Bo.
Schroeder threw LOOOONG passes too.
RBI was great too. Use to kill my brother on that. I stole bases even if I was 10 runs ahead. Pizzed him off pretty good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 03:23 AM
CONTRA-and I could only beat it with the code to get 50 men!
Also, Kid Icarus-turned into an eggplant head so many times that I dyed my hair that color-tooo purple,ha ha ha
Carol:) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel
10-24-2003, 02:46 AM
"CONTRA-and I could only beat it with the code to get 50 men!"

Up Up, Down Down, Left Right Left Right A B Select Start /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Classic code ^__^

Deniel

CarolNYC
10-24-2003, 06:19 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifYEP!
My nephew must know every code imaginable:)
Now if there was only a code for pool..........hmm...ha ha ha
Take care!
Carol~definitely needs a code! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UWPoolGod
10-24-2003, 08:38 AM
I played the regular Baseball game until it crapped out. Being a redneck we played Duck Hunt until the gun died. Zelda was good...spent countless days burning every bush I could find...stupid secret passaeways. Ninja Gaiden...Castlevania...Gauntlet...Ikari Warriors...Kid Icarus (YEAHHH!!).

eg8r
10-24-2003, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Carol~definitely needs a code! <hr /></blockquote> Carol, I think the code is Blackheart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Cueless Joey
10-24-2003, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deniel:</font><hr> "CONTRA-and I could only beat it with the code to get 50 men!"

Up Up, Down Down, Left Right Left Right A B Select Start /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Classic code ^__^

Deniel <hr /></blockquote>
Ah cheater!!! I did that too. And then in the second one, I just tied the fire button, on my turbo control, by the elevator. Went to school. When I came back, I had 99 lives for killing so many sukkers coming out of the elevator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey Eg8r,
Thats the "Super-duper Weapon!" ha ha ha
You betcha!:)
Stay well!
Carol~can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cycopath
10-24-2003, 03:07 PM
Legend of Zelda, until I was within two castles of completion and had a power surge. When the power blinked I lost everything, back to square one. I never played the game again.

Cueless Joey
10-24-2003, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Legend of Zelda, until I was within two castles of completion and had a power surge. When the power blinked I lost everything, back to square one. I never played the game again. <hr /></blockquote>
Ooooh. I finish Zelda and Zelda II. Oh, those countless sleepless nights.

Deniel
10-27-2003, 02:48 AM
"Ah cheater!!!"
LOL, hey I needed all the help I could get, the game was brutal LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel &lt;- had trouble even with 50 lives

Deniel
10-27-2003, 02:53 AM
"I think the code is Blackheart. "
Now.. do I enter the code before or after I put the cue together /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel &lt;- needs new battery for his cue.

CarolNYC
10-27-2003, 04:04 AM
left,left,left,tap,tap,tap,chalk,chalk,chalk,strok e,stroke,
stroke!
ha ha ha
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Deniel
10-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh you have to put Left left left?? Damn, I knew I forgot something, no wonders my shape's been off /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deniel