PDA

View Full Version : A Step Toward Mainstream (and stealing ideas)

Fred Agnir
10-07-2003, 04:21 PM
I caught a quick glimpse at the bottom of the screen while watching ESPN2. It said something like:

The Gameroom. Poker, Billiards... 11AM and 5PM ESPN2

Sure enough, almost every 11AM and 5PM time slot is... Poker. Which is fine by me. If they're serious, if it works, and if they include more than just reruns of pool and poker, then the Gameroom is fine by me.

Even if they did steal my idea /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Fred <~~~ not the only one who had the idea

SPetty
10-07-2003, 04:49 PM
I kept meaning to post a week or two ago - was I the only one that noticed that pool was on every single morning (from 6 to 8 CDT, I think) for an entire week? It was a week or two ago... I caught a couple of the matches, but forgot about the others, but it was on at the same time every single day for a week - at least 6 days in a row anyway...

jjinfla
10-07-2003, 05:31 PM
They have done that before. This time the first weeek it was on M-F. The following week it was on M-W.

I was surprised that the NM tournament was on already. Usually it was a 2 to 3 month wait. I wonder if they have any plans to televise an event live? It would take a 2 hour slot.

Jake

Jimmy B
10-08-2003, 03:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I caught a quick glimpse at the bottom of the screen while watching ESPN2. It said something like:

Sure enough, almost every 11AM and 5PM time slot is... Poker. Which is fine by me. If they're serious, if it works, and if they include more than just reruns of pool and poker, then the Gameroom is fine by me.

Fred &lt;~~~ not the only one who had the idea
<hr /></blockquote>

What no Darts or Foooooseball????

JB &lt;---What about Mega touch or golden tee??

Rod
10-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Billiards was on for two hours this morning, starting at 6 AM. Two old reruns of trick shot magic.

CRATER59
10-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Excuse me Mr. Agnir
This question I have for you is not about ESPN but instead about finding a decent poolroom in Burlington VT. I noticed you are located in N.E. and you could steer me. I was in Burlington back in Aug. (first time up there, beautiful scenery) and I could only find one crappy little room called I think Burlington Billiards. It was full of kids.
Thank you in advance. I might be up there 10/11,12,/03.
My home room is Corner in NYC. I stay in BKLYN.

Fred Agnir
10-08-2003, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CRATER59:</font><hr> Excuse me Mr. Agnir
This question I have for you is not about ESPN but instead about finding a decent poolroom in Burlington VT. <hr /></blockquote> I have a friend who is in the process of moving out of Burlington. He tells me there's no decent pool hall up there.

With that in mind, sometimes-Joss-Tour-Player and all-around good guy Dave Fernandez owns a pool supply business in Burlington. I'll PM you his business phone number.

Fred

magicman
10-08-2003, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I caught a quick glimpse at the bottom of the screen while watching ESPN2. It said something like:

I have had more than one great idea ripped off as well, it does upset you. Some things you just cannot paten. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fred &lt;~~~ not the only one who had the idea
<hr /></blockquote>

beerwolf
10-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Larry
It would be a lot easier for us to identify your comment if you would not include it within the quote. When you are adding a thought I wish you would put it outside the quote or else change the color of your text if you must put your comment in the middle of the quote. That goes for plato, nine ball roadpro, key west ho, and all the other "faces of Larry".
BW~~&gt;saw Larry 3 years ago and hope it was the first and last time