PDA

View Full Version : >>> Pool Community Site ?-?-? <<<

Brady_Behrman
10-07-2003, 07:07 PM
If you were looking for the best pool community site, what would you look for?, what would you like to see?, What would really make that site shine?

Thanks
Bardy Behrman

Tom_In_Cincy
10-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Links, Links and more Links..

Pics, Pics and more Pics.

Tournament info... lots of it.

And, of course, a pool forum... and chat room offered.

Best of "pool" on the INTERNET.. comments and Stories. (more links)

A decent search engine for Pool related info..

More Links.

Polls, on-going polls for cues, tournanent formats, favorite pro players, Stats on heads up matches between the pros.

Guests players in a live chat session.

Remote updates in a live chat session from tournaments all over. Hosted by community members lucky enough to be there and share the updates.

Can this fit into a 400Meg site limit?

A board of Admins and/or Moderators, that have to all agree prior to any action (new members, additions to links and so on)

Membership dues.. if you want to contribuite.. you must PAY. You purchase a block of activity dollars to spend on the site... so much to post (like a stamp), or download pics (like a small transfer fee), or keep your membership active. Yearly dues (very small for charter members) big bucks (like maybe $3.95/year)

Membership fees get you a token membership key ring.. (LOL)

Pool product discounts.

No banner ads. No soliciting. No sales. No Japanese aiming products.

A great webmaster, that gets paid. (free membership.. LOL)

More discounts for Pool stuff.

Limit the members to just under 2,500

Ralph S.
10-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Well Tom, looks like you covered it all, except for the new keyboard to replace the one you just wore out typing all that stuff. LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-08-2003, 04:31 AM
Tom, it's a shame, you couldn't think of anything. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seriously, I think you covered it all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
10-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Open your eyes...I like the CCB community.

eg8r

Rich R.
10-08-2003, 08:24 AM
eg8r, I believe Brady is trying to give us something in addition to the CCB, not instead of the CCB.

Brady_Behrman
10-08-2003, 02:48 PM
I would like to hear EVERYONES thoughts on a No Limits billiard community. What do you want to see? I am thinking about biuilding the community of communities but need input...

cheesemouse
10-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Brady,
I would like to see a map of the U.S where the states are links to events in that state. Anybody could go to their state and post events no matter what they are.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-09-2003, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> Brady,
I would like to see a map of the U.S where the states are links to events in that state. Anybody could go to their state and post events no matter what they are. <hr /></blockquote>

Good idea.

Also a tournament finder and pool hall finder that are kept up-to-date...daily hopefully.

Ed Mercier at playpool.com has those but I don't think they are updated very often.

Also with the pool hall finder, a place for folks to post a review of the place. I suggested that to Ed years ago but he never implemented it.

ras314
10-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Try this one. www.pooltournamentsonline.com (http://www.pooltournamentsonline.com)

Only drawback seems to be they should be regular weekly tournaments.

stickman
10-09-2003, 09:46 PM
The absence of those that post only to antagonize, and seldom have anything pool related to post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif