cueball1950
10-08-2003, 12:01 AM
We will have to wait and see if the TERMINATOR shapes up CALIFORNIA

bluewolf
10-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Glad.

eg8r
10-08-2003, 06:58 AM
Well, now he has his toughest project ahead of him. It is going to be tough to get anything passed, but we will see.

I heard on Fox this morning a clip where Davis was saying (paraphrased), "I did my best and I am very happy with everything I have done as Governor."

Wow, he is happy to leave those people in a $38 billion debt.

Now we will see how quick the Liberals are to complain about the economy of California and blame it on Arnold. One word of advice, when Arnold starts blaming the problems on Davis don't listen to liberals.

eg8r

Qtec
10-08-2003, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, he is happy to leave those people in a $38 billion debt.

<hr /></blockquote>

Wow, wonder how much the National debt will be when GW gets kicked out of office?
HaHaHa /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Cueless Joey
10-08-2003, 09:08 AM
I'm glad Gumby is gone.
He did nothing but sell out to his constituents.
Fukker buried us. He sold us to the power companies.
He wants the illegals to have licenses. He paid prisoner guards like executives.
Don't let the door hit your worthless azz on the way out Gumby.

cheesemouse
10-08-2003, 09:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> We will have to wait and see if the TERMINATOR shapes up CALIFORNIA <hr /></blockquote>

cueball1950,

I thought the whole process was a good lesson. The people had lots of choices, it didn't take very long, they had good voter turnout (comparitively), the party lines were blurred to the point where no block did what they were suppose to and the best part is I think it sent a message that if you govern you must do so without spending more than you take in, just as a normal person/family has to. I think that scene on stage where Arnold gave his exceptance speech was the strangest I have ever witnessed in my life. Bleeding liberals( the Kennedy clan ) supporting a fiscally conservative Arnold. The world turned upside down...I don't think anybody knows what Arnold is..... Now on to the big show...this will be fun to watch.....oh goodie goodie.....

eg8r
10-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Kicked out? Is there something going around in your little country news media to state that Bush will be "kicked" out? Maybe you have read something in the oh-so-reputable BBC that suggests Bush will be "kicked" out.

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Cueball, it ain't the Terminator, that we elected; it's "Conan, the Barbarian"...and he's no more qualified to run the state of Calif, then I am.
It,s been 58 years since the end of WWII, and the Germans have finally captured part of the USA
AND..I hear that Sacto Tom cast the swing vote
I told 'em if they elected Arnie, I'd leave the state, and I'll be moving in a month...it's just a coincidence that I had already purchased a home in Wa.

eg8r
10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Pretty funny video.... Arnold (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=ahhnold_for_governor)

eg8r

Cueless Joey
10-08-2003, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Pretty funny video.... Arnold (http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=ahhnold_for_governor)

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what the democrats have come to in Cali.
A movie star beat their first governor here in ages. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 02:14 PM
You hear ol' Oral Hatch of Utah is mouthing about maybe an amendment to allow furriners to become President? Are we ready for da Terminator in Chief? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This country is getting scarier by the minute, folks. Makes me relieved that my spouse is a Brit, which makes it possible for me to work just about anywhere.

eg8r
10-08-2003, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You hear ol' Oral Hatch of Utah is mouthing about maybe an amendment to allow furriners to become President? Are we ready for da Terminator in Chief? <hr /></blockquote> Not going to happen.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
10-08-2003, 02:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
You hear ol' Oral Hatch of Utah is mouthing about maybe an amendment to allow furriners to become President? Are we ready for da Terminator in Chief? <hr /></blockquote> Not going to happen.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Kinda funny. In the movie The Demolition Man. Arnold became the president and had a monument named after him.
Stallone goes, " Arnold became da presssidenttt?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HOWARD
10-08-2003, 03:59 PM
He is now known as the Governator here in Calieforna

Howard

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
Not going to happen.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, what makes you so sure? Who woulda believed we could've had a Bonzo-in-Chief? Remember when Reagan was a national JOKE? Well, the joke's on us now ... billionaires can nakedly buy high office, totally unqualified spouses routinely serve when something happens to their hubby ... we're in the era of the barbarian emperor.

eg8r
10-08-2003, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember when Reagan was a national JOKE? <hr /></blockquote> I think I remember something different. Were you on drugs because I was gauranteed sober and drug free and our descriptions are much different? Clinton sure loved Reagan. Look at the economy Reagan provided him.

eg8r

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 05:46 PM
You being serious here, eg8r? Somebody else from one of the civilized regions of this country, please back me up on this! Back in the '70s, the idea of Reagan becoming president was a punch line. It was preposterous.

But after that, and the "Love Boat" guy; and Fred Thompson cruising to a Senate seat by driving around Tennessee in a rented red F-150 while sporting fat belt buckles; and a moronic play-wrestler running Minnesota ... really, anything goes, even a Boston billionaire nonentity in lifts claiming to root for the Yankees openly buying City Hall in New York.

If this ain't some twisted kind of mob rule, what is?

eg8r
10-08-2003, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You being serious here, eg8r?...If this ain't some twisted kind of mob rule, what is? <hr /></blockquote> It is good to know you are not.

Since you seem to not like the celebrity running for office, who would you want in there??? The most qualified person, I would guess. Well that is what happened in California 11 months ago. A while back, the great state of California said, "Look out (referring the rest of the US), we are going to show you how to run a state." What happened...The most qualified governor ran that state into the biggest debt ever (worse than W did in Texas). It is not like he had a problem pushing his policy through, the entire state is run by Democrats. Looks like they ruined everything and no one was there to slow them up. They steamrolled to a 38 billion dollar debt.

Well, since California is so fresh on everyone's mind, can you tell me what "qualifications" did for that state????? How did a "very" qualified man help out California?

eg8r

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 08:20 PM
But I am, in my way ... well, these are really strange times ... might as well get used to it. Don't have to be solemn to be serious, ya know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sounds like a lot to lay on one hapless bureaucrat. I think Davis had plenty of help.

But I think it IS pretty sorry that we're getting so many officeholders who are known only for being well-known. But actors can be mighty convincing, given the right lines, I guess.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-09-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr>
.... Remember when Reagan was a national JOKE? ...

<font color="blue">OK that does it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Reagan:

lowered taxes and turned the economy around

won the cold war

whipped inflation

made Americans proud to be Americans again

If that's a joke I'll take some more of it. </font color>

billionaires can nakedly buy high office,

<font color="blue">Didn't work for Ross Perot or Michael Huffington. But I guess it did for Bloomberg and Corzine. So I guess I agree with that. </font color>

totally unqualified spouses routinely serve when something happens to their hubby

<font color="blue">If they're elected fine, but I don't think they should be appointed. </font color>

... we're in the era of the barbarian emperor.

<font color="blue">Don't sweat it man, it's gonna be OK /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Wally~~remembers when Carter was a national joke. and Clinton too.

eg8r
10-09-2003, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Davis had plenty of help. <hr /></blockquote> You are right. Californian politicians were quite smug a little while ago, telling the nation to watch how a government should be run, now that they were completely Democrat (or as close as possible). Well, what did they do, they ran that state into the ground.

As far as celebrities being elected, yup it is happening, and it has happened before. What is important is that if they are elected they bring in people alongside them that do have the qualifications to help out. I am sure Arnold is going to have a tough time from here on out. Not from making wrong decisions, but rather not being able to get anything through.

I thought it was amazing that a completely Democratic state, would bring in a moderate. I really do not think Arnold is a Republican, he is just a reduce-government-spending Democrat. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

cheesemouse
10-09-2003, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr>
.... Remember when Reagan was a national JOKE? ...

<font color="blue">OK that does it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Reagan:

lowered taxes and turned the economy around
<font color="red"> Aghhhh Wally, you forgot to mention that Raygun had to raise taxes when it became apparent their policies were not work...aghhhh...just like Bush Sr did again after he was elected...I just thought I would point this out as it is conveniently left out by you guys when going down the memory lane of trickle down voodoo economics</font color>

won the cold war
<font color="red"> communism has a build in self destruct and ronnie was just in the right place when the switch was thrown </font color>

whipped inflation
<font color="red"> people ran out of money and simply had to quit spending and the prices came down </font color>
made Americans proud to be Americans again
<font color="red"> I've always been proud to be an American, ronnie sure didn't have a damn thing to do with that. </font color>
If that's a joke I'll take some more of it. </font color>

billionaires can nakedly buy high office,

<font color="blue">Didn't work for Ross Perot or Michael Huffington. But I guess it did for Bloomberg and Corzine. So I guess I agree with that. </font color>

totally unqualified spouses routinely serve when something happens to their hubby

<font color="blue">If they're elected fine, but I don't think they should be appointed. </font color>

... we're in the era of the barbarian emperor.

<font color="blue">Don't sweat it man, it's gonna be OK /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Wally~~remembers when Carter was a national joke. and Clinton too. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
http://www.townhall.com/hall_of_fame/smreagan.gif

Ummm... I disagree /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
10-09-2003, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Aghhhh Wally, you forgot to mention that Raygun had to raise taxes when it became apparent their policies were not work. <hr /></blockquote> Aghhhhh Cheese...Actually, Reagan *did* raise taxes, in 1986. At that time, it was the largest tax increase in American history, <font color="blue"> but it was not large enough to derail the economic boom that resulted from his tax cuts</font color>. Bush's ill-advised tax increase in 1990, during a weaker economy, was enough to wreck the gravy train, however.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Washington Post:</font><hr> Reagan only increased taxes in 1986 because a Democratic Congress would not reduce spending. In all, Reagan and Bob Dole cut taxes by a net $2.5 trillion during the '80s (Washington Post, 7/12/96).
<hr /></blockquote>

I guess the delta is about $2.5 trillion, sounds like an overall tax CUT for his administration.

eg8r &lt;~~~Believes cheese was firing from his hips again

Keith Talent
10-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Cute pic, Wally. Makes me want to break out the Lee Greenwood songbook!

What I was getting at was the idead that we're electing more and more celebs and billionaires ... which is natural because we worship money and celebrity. It could be argued that this might not be so good for democracy in the long run.

And Reagan was a joke BEFORE he was elected ... though he continued to be one around the world. Think he may well have done a good job leading the charge against the commies, though. Somebody had to put the pressure on them, and Dems never seem to have understood how much the world is like a playground, and that sometimes you have to stand up to the bully.

What drove me crazy about him ... aside from the fact he was a B-movie actor spouting cheap lines ... was waving around that big ol budget ax, hitting on Dems for tax-and-spend, and then doing worse than they ever could by cutting taxes (mainly on the rich -- the bite out of my check increased) and raising defense spending to create the biggest deficit of all time.

Then he slams Dems for being soft on terrorism (fair enough), and swears WE WON'T MAKE DEALS WITH TERRORISTS ... all the while making secret pacts with the Iranians ... not to mention doing it to fund that murderous dirty war that had been explicitly cut off by Congress. Clinton dropping his drawers was nothing compared with all this.

eg8r
10-09-2003, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hitting on Dems for tax-and-spend, and then doing worse than they ever could by cutting taxes (mainly on the rich -- the bite out of my check increased) and raising defense spending to create the biggest deficit of all time.
<hr /></blockquote> Can you please give an example of a country that taxed itself to prosperity???

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-09-2003, 10:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Cute pic, Wally. Makes me want to break out the Lee Greenwood songbook!.....<hr /></blockquote>

Is that a joke? You don't like that song?

http://www.churchofsonomacounty.org/images/george-bush.jpg

For your viewing pleasure LOL

Keith Talent
10-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Gee, I wish they'd sing it during the 7th inning stretch.

And eg8r, don't get me wrong ... I'm sick of all these crazy taxes myself ... but I can't stand it when somebody makes a big show of being fiscally responsible, while going on a crazy spree when they think nobody's looking.

Bush I ended up paying for it, and Clinton, too. And now it's happening again ... I realize 9/11 and the wars have plenty to do with that, but maybe it's time to stop blaming the Dems for not being able to balance a budget.

eg8r
10-09-2003, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And eg8r, don't get me wrong ... I'm sick of all these crazy taxes myself ... but I can't stand it when somebody makes a big show of being fiscally responsible, while going on a crazy spree when they think nobody's looking.
<hr /></blockquote>Don't get me wrong. W is a big spender and I do not agree with with his big spending without any reduction elsewhere. I find it hard to believe W cannot find one single program out there to cut. There is no reason why $20 billion of the 80 bil he is asking for could be sent to Iraq as a loan. Why should we have to foot that bill when they are going to be a prosperous country soon enough and will be able to pay us back.

I don't think anyone is blaming the Dems for not being able to balance the budget. We all know, Bush has played his part in the deficit. The main problem is the economy. That is starting to come around. It will be a slow process, but we are slowly beginning to see it happen.

eg8r

Keith Talent
10-09-2003, 11:56 PM
Definitely, more loans rather than handouts. But maybe there's some diverted cool cash in the pile for pals of W who are involved with the reconstruction?

And it does look like the market, at least, is coming around. If only we could have a quick real estate crash in New York first!