PDA

View Full Version : Tip installation in NYC?

CrispyFish
10-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering where I can get a new tip installed in NYC. I'm looking for somewhere that can do a relatively quick turnaround and has a good number of tips to choose from. Minnesota Fats is my current first choice, but they have a limited tip stock.

Thanks,
-CF

Doctor_D
10-08-2003, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CrispyFish:</font><hr> Hi,

I'm wondering where I can get a new tip installed in NYC. I'm looking for somewhere that can do a relatively quick turnaround and has a good number of tips to choose from. Minnesota Fats is my current first choice, but they have a limited tip stock.

Thanks,
-CF <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon:

Rolando Aravena, who is also a BCA Certified Instructor at Amsterdam Billiards West in Manhattan, can replace the tip for you.

Dr. D.

CrispyFish
10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote CrispyFish:</font><hr> Hi,

Thanks,
-CF <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon:

Rolando Aravena, who is also a BCA Certified Instructor at Amsterdam Billiards West in Manhattan, can replace the tip for you.

Dr. D.
<hr /></blockquote>
Thanks. When is Rolando around? So many of these guys only show up once a week...

-CF &lt;--- wouldn't want to make the trek uptown for nothing...

Doctor_D
10-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Hello Again:

Rolando is there on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Rolando will also be there on Saturday the 18th as I have a lesson with him at 2:00PM

Dr. D.

SPetty
10-08-2003, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> ...as I have a lesson with him at 2:00PM
<hr /></blockquote>Hello Doctor_D,

Lesson teaching or taking? How's that book coming? Hope I'm still on the list...

Doctor_D
10-08-2003, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> ...as I have a lesson with him at 2:00PM
<hr /></blockquote>Hello Doctor_D,

Lesson teaching or taking? How's that book coming? Hope I'm still on the list... <hr /></blockquote>

Good afternoon:

I am taking a lesson from Rolando at 2:00PM. I make it a point to work with him for a minimum of Three (3) hours every couple of weeks.

As far as the Billiards Workbook is concerend, I am on schedule. My booth at the Super Billiards Expo in March is contracted and paid for. Advertising, which will be found on the Billiards Digest and AZ Billiards WebSites is scheduled to begin in January of 2004. And yes, you are still at the top of the list !

Dr. D.

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Rolando replaced two tips for me a few weeks ago ... no complaints, and hardly any more miscues! And yes, he's usually around on Thursdays. You may or may not have to wait a week to get it back.

CrispyFish
10-08-2003, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> Rolando replaced two tips for me a few weeks ago ... no complaints, and hardly any more miscues! And yes, he's usually around on Thursdays. You may or may not have to wait a week to get it back. <hr /></blockquote>
A whole week without my cue? Inconceivable! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I think I'll take my cue to Blatt Billiards. They have a guy who comes in on Fridays so I can pick up the cue on Saturday. Sounds good to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith Talent
10-08-2003, 02:39 PM
Understandable ... I had a sneaky pete I had been meaning to play more with so didn't mind waiting. Still, if Blatt doesn't work out, it's worth giving them a call. I was told there's a chance you can get your stick back Friday or Saturday, depending on his workload and such.

ms_cue
10-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Talk w/Danny Barouty. Plays out of Amsterdam East side. Also Jimmy Lee (I think) at corner does tips. Both are great and depending on how busy they are, they usually get it back in a very timely manner. I think Danny kept my stick for about 2 days and Jimmy, while busy got it back to me in a matter of days as well.

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Danny is also at Corner Billiards-if you go under Corner Billiards website, you'll see the straight pool schedule-thats when Dannys there!He does my cues and you dont have to wait a week!:):)
Carol

justbrake
10-10-2003, 03:59 AM
(A whole week without my cue? Inconceivable! )
go there you won't ever have to wait! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3630553632&amp;category=21 210

Fleece3
10-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Are you kidding me???? I am in Jersey City (Play and work in Manhattan) I can replace your tip in about 90 minutes, and 60 of that is waiting for the epoxy to dry. I have done maybe 50 or so, and my work has several shooters asking me to do them a "FAVOR" and put a new tip on for them. Regarding tips, I have several Talisman Med. on hand. I am at Amsterdam every Monday night, and B'way every Thrusday night. Last tips I installed were on Monday. I put a new Phenolic on my buddies break cue (not a huge fan of this, tip is just TO DAMN HARD!!!) And a Talisman of his Predator 314 Shaft. He is playing in the tournament at Amsterdam this week. I am going to the final day.