PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant.

Qtec
10-10-2003, 03:04 AM
I dont believe her.

......... counting the money- not calling the police.

Q

Kato
10-10-2003, 06:16 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. She's obviously not looking for money or this would have gone away a long time ago. As a sportsfan, I'd hate to see Kobe be guilty. However, if he did these things to this woman then he needs to never see the light of day again. There is absolutely no reason to ever treat a woman in any other way than with complete respect.

Kato

eg8r
10-10-2003, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. <hr /></blockquote> Not me, I hate to hear about Ben and J. Lo, and now I hate to hear about Kobe.

[ QUOTE ]
However, if he did these things to this woman then he needs to never see the light of day again. There is absolutely no reason to ever treat a woman in any other way than with complete respect.
<hr /></blockquote> I am guessing both are guilty. If Kobe was an honest man that could be trusted, then he would not have been in that situation. He allowed it to happen (I am referring to even having her in his room) and now she is seeing the green. I am sure she went almost all the way and then decided that was time to stop. He got all caught up, and would not stop and here we are.

It is a shame, and my explanation of events may be way off, but I stand by what I believe...If he did not allow himself to get into that situation, he would not be facing these issues now.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
10-10-2003, 06:55 AM
"If he did not allow himself to get into that situation, he would not be facing these issues now."

How's this read "If SHE did not allow herself to get into that situation, SHE would not be facing these issues now."

Works easier when you realize the variables...sid

cheesemouse
10-10-2003, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "If he did not allow himself to get into that situation, he would not be facing these issues now."

How's this read "If SHE did not allow herself to get into that situation, SHE would not be facing these issues now."

<hr /></blockquote>

It is hard to imagine Kobe not knowing his situation. All of these guys, and I include any male in the celebrity status, have an additional obligation to conduct themselves properly. I'm not saying they can't have normal interactions with the 'non' class of people but they know the ground rules; they have money, advisors, and friends in the same situation that have storys to tell about how they too have screwed up so look out buddy...Kobe was taking advantage of his situation as a celebrity sports star against all the good advice he must have been given. He made a bad decision, perhaps his judgement has been slanted by his situation, perhaps he thinks he is more deserving than the 'nons'. We have seen it over and over again with many who have been vaulted into this special sphere of celebrity. After a while they get use to the attention, after while they become convienced that maybe they are 'special', maybe the rules don't apply to them and no matter how far they have traveled from reality in the back of their minds they remember from whence they came. Kobe was no mindless dummy who was teased into a hormone frenzy by a she devil taking advantage of him, but rather the reverse.

I just hope that we won't be treated to another lesson in justice, that lesson being: "it is better to be quilty and rich than it is to be innocent and poor".

Sid_Vicious
10-10-2003, 07:52 AM
"She's obviously not looking for money or this would have gone away a long time ago"

Kato...It's gone beyond damage control with cash from day1. This guy is too tall in the marketable world IMO, unless the amount ain't hittin' the mark. Jm2c...sid

Qtec
10-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Whatever happens, she will sell her story. the bell-hop will sell his. Kobe can only lose.

She will be on TV and she will have her 15 minutes.

Guilty or not guilty, its going to be a circus.

Bring on the lie-detector.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-10-2003, 08:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>

...Kobe was no mindless dummy who was teased into a hormone frenzy by a she devil taking advantage of him, but rather the reverse.....<hr /></blockquote>

My first thought was that the girl gave defacto consent by her initial actions. Then I remembered back to those days of adolescence when a girl would go pretty far but not "all the way"....

Back then, if I had done what Kobe did in that situation, claiming I just could not control myself, I would have been in BIG BIG trouble.

eg8r
10-10-2003, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

<hr /></blockquote> Are you to suggest that I believe she is innoncent...Given the quote you chose, I would suggest you go back and read all that I posted...Nevermind, I don't think you will, so here is the rest...[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I am guessing both are guilty. </font color> If Kobe was an honest man that could be trusted, then he would not have been in that situation. He allowed it to happen (I am referring to even having her in his room) and now she is seeing the green. I am sure she went almost all the way and then decided that was time to stop. He got all caught up, and would not stop and here we are.
<hr /></blockquote>

So back to your quote... [ QUOTE ]
Works easier when you realize the variables...sid <hr /></blockquote> What new variables have been realized??? This entire sentence means nothing. You have not stated anything new that I did not already address.

Thanks for making everything easier.

eg8r

eg8r
10-10-2003, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever happens, she will sell her story. the bell-hop will sell his. <font color="blue"> Kobe can only lose. </font color>

She will be on TV and she will have her 15 minutes.

Guilty or not guilty, its going to be a circus.

Bring on the lie-detector.
<hr /></blockquote> You are exactly correct. However with Kobe, he deserves to only lose. Why should he gain from being an un-faithful, raping husband. If he is not guilty, he will always be un-faithful to his wife (at which the raping descriptor should be removed). If she chooses to forgive or look the other way is her choice.

I am not defending girl in anyway by casting blame on Kobe. I think both are equally at fault. I just feel stronger about Kobe since he is a married person and this affects more than just him. If there is no rape and everything was alright, her actions do not affect anyone else except herself. Kobe on the other hand does.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
10-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Shelly Smith is reporting she slept with THREE men in three days.
OK, it's not proven yet but the defense is questioning if they can enter this as evidence as her injuries are being put to question. Not counting CREDIBILITY.

Vapros
10-10-2003, 11:06 AM
The AP reported today that Bryant's attorney, under cross-examination, had commented that the victim's injuries would also be "consistent with a person who has had sex with three different men in three days". The judge got mad and emptied the courtroom and summoned the lawyers to his chambers. He had earlier said he could get the attorney a big muzzle, for mentioning the victim's name six times when asking questions.

Do we know of any other basis for her remarks? What kind of injuries could be expected from consensual sex, even with multiple partners, unless she plans to present evidence of deviant or sadistic sexual activity?

This defense attorney would have been right at home in the O.J. fiasco. What a way to make a living - even a good living!

fast wolf
10-11-2003, 03:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I dont believe her.

......... counting the money- not calling the police.

Q <hr /></blockquote>

He is gettin an all honkie jury in some swanky lily white 'burb. Tells you all you need to know about his fate, huh? This will be the payback for the OJ trial 10 years ago.

Vicki
10-12-2003, 10:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "If he did not allow himself to get into that situation, he would not be facing these issues now."

<hr /></blockquote>

BOTH statements are correct. I am not a woman who has a lot of sympathy for a woman who gets herself into a situation like this. If you look like you wanna get laid, act like you wanna get laid, and go to Kobe's bedroom like you wanna get laid, and you get laid... it ain't rape in my book... ok?

Don't you feminist extremists get on my case. I know it's not a popular opinion but there are a lot of stupid women out there and they are gonna stay stupid until someone holds them accountable for their bad decisions.

I get more crap from women about my views on this. The very same women who themselves got too drunk, relied on some guy to rescue them and get them home safely and then woke up with stains on the sheets and no panties on. HELLO!!!

You're very right to point this out, Sid.

Vicki

EDIT: In order to save myself some grief... I don't think that a man who takes advantage of this situation is any less guilty than a violent rapist who rapes a woman he does not know and who could never have expected to be assaulted.

I just think that as women, we have a choice about the kind and amount of risk we expose ourselves to and a responsibility to dress and behave in a way that does not create more risk than is necessary.

rukiddingme
10-13-2003, 12:23 AM
tell us how you really feel Vicky /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hey, when Kobe bought his wife a 4 million $ rock I figured he was guilty as hell...a little bit over the top if you know what I mean...
The girl may have issues but if she did say NO...it is NO.
Seems to me if she wanted $$$ this would be settled because right now she's being drug in the mud more than he is...but unlike him, there is no jail time in the cards for her...
ruk