PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Barbara!

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 03:35 AM
For those of you who do not know this, Barbara runs the JPNEWT regional tour by herself-
Last weekend in Binghamton, we played the NYS Championship at Pocket Billiards-during the tournament, these news cameras came in and setup-they interviewed Barbara, Florence,Kim Shaw,Tiffany Nelson and Karen Corr-then the cameras scanned the room and got alot of players shooting! This was great exposure for pool and for Pocket Billiards-this is the first time I ever seen cameras at a REGIONAL event-I got back to my hotel room and at 11:00 pm-there it was, on the news!It was channel 12-WBNG and for 2 seconds, it caught me shooting-so Barb, if you get a copy of that tape, I want one for my 2 second claim to TV fame,ha ha ha ha
Way to go Barb!
Carol~can say "been there,done that!"ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
10-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Very Nice! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 04:03 AM
Yeah Rich,
I thought it was pretty cool-Barbaras interview was to be aired on the Monday, so I didnt see that, but would have liked too!The cameras zoomed in on "Nostroke" ha ha ha,(which Im not sure he knows), while he was sweating matches!
But I missed seeing you and Cathy cause you guys are ALWAYS on TV! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~watches pool and sees Rich and Cathy all the time!:)

Gayle in MD
10-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Wow, great news and way to go Barbara! You're right Carol, I see Rich and Kathy all the time on TV, very photogentic couple I might add.
See ya tomarrow morning kiddo, I can't wait!
Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-10-2003, 05:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> But I missed seeing you and Cathy cause you guys are ALWAYS on TV! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol~watches pool and sees Rich and Cathy all the time!:) <hr /></blockquote>
ESPN just keeps showing the same one or two shows, over and over and over and over........... You get the idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
10-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Carol,

I got a call from the station this morning saying that my copy of the tape is ready, so I'll be sending out the check this afternoon when I get home.

BTW, the piece that was on at 11 pm was a DIFFERENT news station - there were TWO stations there that day!

Barbara

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey Barb,
If you get a chance, please make me a copy-the only interview we saw was Kim and Tiffany's-I'd like to see you, Florence and Karen!
Kiana was so excited!
Very cool!
Great job!
Carol:)

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey Gayle,
I cant wait either-its been a long overdue get-together!
I'll be leaving 6:30 am-ROAD TRIP!
Carol~better get a good nites sleep!:):):)

Barbara
10-10-2003, 10:42 AM
CAT Event?

Kick a$$!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Um,No,
When I was in Vegas, we walked into some hotel that has the ship out front, well up on the big, 100 ft screen,ha ha ha ha, there YOU were with Cathy and Kiana at the Superbilliards-tell me that was too coincidental!
It was great!
love ya,
Carol:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Yep!
You know I'll do my best-win or lose, I'll be spending time with Gayle and thats a plus!
Carol:):):)

Rich R.
10-10-2003, 01:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Um,No,
When I was in Vegas, we walked into some hotel that has the ship out front, well up on the big, 100 ft screen,ha ha ha ha, there YOU were with Cathy and Kiana at the Superbilliards-tell me that was too coincidental!
It was great!
love ya,
Carol:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
That is surreal! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
10-10-2003, 02:00 PM
That is too cool! I always thought that'd be a great thing for the local news to cover.

I've seen a few of our local news stations keep past newscasts on their web site - does either of the stations that did this happen to have it available on their web site so we can see it?

Barbara
10-10-2003, 02:20 PM
SPetty,

I haven't been to their website since before the piece aired.

The station doing my interview was channel 34 in Binghamton.

The station that caught Nostroke and Carol on tape was Channel 12.

Barbara

Barbara
10-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Carol,

I'm only getting a copy of Channel 34's piece. I never thought of calling up Channel 12. Sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You should call! And make me a copy! We'll exchange copies!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 04:09 PM
LMAO Barb,
Nah, only if you had it,so, when you get YOUR interview, I'd like to see it, when you get the chance to make a copy,PLEASE!
Carol~hopes the "big guys" in the background!:):):):)

CarolNYC
10-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Rich,
This section, where the screen was ,is like a section with seats ,where people sit and watch,I guess,horse racing or something, so all these guys were sitting in this section and I come walking by and see you and Cathy on the screen and yell, "Oh My God, its Cathy and Rich" ha ha ha ha, and they all turn around and look at me and I just say "Hello, thats my friend up there!" ha ha ha ha
Too funny!
Carol~miles away and Rich is still with me-surreal!:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
10-10-2003, 04:46 PM
I heard i was on but i didnt know they "zoomed in" on me.

I never even saw a camera. I might have been concentrating on a stretch shot by Jen at the time.

All i can figure is maybe they wanted to show there was someone under a hundred years old (barely) in the crowd!

They really should do an investigative piece and find out how someone can have squirrel looking brown hair on top, grey all along the sides and a jet black Hitler Moustache! There's a tape id want a copy of.

I'll see u in Arnold tomorrow around noon Carol.Im leavin Sat morning myself-Hotels too expensive to stay 2 nites im afraid. I spoke w Jeannie yesterday-She and GYK will be there.

Barbara
10-10-2003, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> I heard i was on but i didnt know they "zoomed in" on me.

I never even saw a camera. I might have been concentrating on a stretch shot by Jen at the time.
<font color="blue">This is why I call you a JPNEWT groupie</font color>

All i can figure is maybe they wanted to show there was someone under a hundred years old (barely) in the crowd!

<font color="blue">And who was that???Better not be referencing Florence!!!</font color>

They really should do an investigative piece and find out how someone can have squirrel looking brown hair on top, grey all along the sides and a jet black Hitler Moustache! There's a tape id want a copy of.

<font color="blue"> Oh yeah, that guy that walked in front of Jennifer shooting on a 9-ball? She pulled up, but was stilled rattled. He should be shot. With a squirrel gun!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! </font color>

I'll see u in Arnold tomorrow around noon Carol.Im leavin Sat morning myself-Hotels too expensive to stay 2 nites im afraid. I spoke w Jeannie yesterday-She and GYK will be there.
<hr /></blockquote>

Love ya Nostroke!!!

Barbara

Barbara
10-10-2003, 06:23 PM
I can't get the color to stop with </font color>,

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, pm me. I'm outta town until Sunday.

Barbara~~~clutz extrondaire at the 'puter... ugh... ly...

dg-in-centralpa
10-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Great job Barbara! How about all the major networks for VF?

DG - counting the days