PDA

View Full Version : YANK-GAME COPS IN DIRTY POOL AFFAIR

PQQLK9
10-10-2003, 08:07 AM
The four cops were suspended at 11:10 p.m. after they were caught at the pool hall, before the game ended at Yankee Stadium
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/7815.htm

9 Ball Girl
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Hmm. I wonder what game they were playing and who won.

Better yet, I wonder what their SLs were! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, in the news this morning, I heard that they went to the poolhall to watch the baseball game there 'cause the poolhall had TVs. Teehee.

Terry
10-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks Nick, I have a police officer on my hockey team and this article is bound to come up juring the wind down beer sessions, LOL. Last year I had his name for our christmas party LOL. I had a similar article I was able to get made into a book marker about a couple of officers down in New Mexico who were caught circling a Krispy Cream dougnut shop before swooping down for a box of doughnuts,LOL. Thanks, Terry

Cueless Joey
10-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Cut the cops a break.
They couldn't run out so it took them more time to finish the game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-10-2003, 10:13 AM
Someone a while back mentioned the inspector in Casablanca who was "shocked, positively shocked" to learn that gambling was going on at Rick's.

Cops goofing off on the job? I am shocked, positively shocked /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~would not want to be a cop

magicman
10-10-2003, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Someone a while back mentioned the inspector in Casablanca who was "shocked, positively shocked" to learn that gambling was going on at Rick's.

Cops goofing off on the job? I am shocked, positively shocked /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~would not want to be a cop <hr /></blockquote>

Your shocked, somebody quick, say it ain't so. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MarkUrsel
10-11-2003, 02:44 AM
You have to love the NYPost though. They can make buttering your morning toast sound like a serial killing.

"Burn Victim Assaulted With Contaminated Knife"

Seriously though, don't you think it'd be ok for the cops on anti-scalper duty to take off once the game was half-over and the scalpers left?

jjinfla
10-12-2003, 07:06 AM
First the NY cops get caught loafing on the job and now two Yankee players attack a groundskeeper because he cheered for the Red Sox. Then when they had him on the ground they did the Bristol Stomp on his back with their cleats.

Is that a ball-in-hand penalty?

Jake

rackmup
10-12-2003, 07:23 AM
You can read about it here (http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/7902.htm).