PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV

ras314
10-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Thinking of breaking down and getting a satellite system this winter. Any advice on what service has the most pool on TV?

BCn
10-10-2003, 04:33 PM
At this time Dish Network (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/single_showing/index.asp?titleID=23662&cat=Other%20Events) is offering more opportunities, including the pay-per-view starting this Sunday 10/12.

DirecTV is monitoring the event to determine if they will carry pool events, specifically the U S Open next year.

We're negotiating with Echostar (Dish) for a weekly 2-hour show broadcast on one of their channels.

The feasibility of a full channel is not out of the question, as long as the market will support it.

Pied Piper
10-10-2003, 06:32 PM
I have DirecTV and there are often showings on channel 626 (Sunshine network I believe is the name of it) and 632 Empire sports. They typically show Billiard Club TV showings. Nothing is ever really new. This past week they were replaying the US loss at the Mosconi Cup. They usually show something new in the beginning of the week and then repeat through. Also as we all know I'm sure ESPN2 sometimes have trick shot magic and WPBA. Hope this helps

ras314
10-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks, looks like the Dish Network's monthly fees are much less to get the Sunshine channel.

BCn
10-12-2003, 11:48 AM
We are replaying the 2002 Mosconi Cup through the end of 2003 to help Matchroom promote the 2003 event in Vegas.

Dish offers the best overall deal right now for pool, although Direct offers Sunshine and Empire, but at higher package costs for the Fox Network of channels.

The one thing about the PPV that no other network or broadcast will offer is commercial-free, uncut, full-length matches. Plus, shot-by-shot highlights from other matches that you won't even see on Accu-Stats. You'll love it, guaranteed.

BTW, from 5 am Oct 13 to 5 am Oct 18, the Reyes Busty match will be available non-stop. Otherwise known as the the All-Day-Ticket (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/single_showing/index.asp?titleID=23662&cat=Other%20Events)