PDA

View Full Version : 314 shafts

curt
10-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Can someone tell me what the numbers "314" stand for or how they came to be? Thanks

WaltVA
10-12-2003, 08:18 AM
314 is the shortened version of the mathematical value for Pi (3.14159+) Since the shaft sections are "pie-shaped," Predator is using the "314" logo and the "Pi" connection to reinforce their selling point of radial spliced construction.

Walt in VA

JohnBarton
10-12-2003, 08:21 AM
314 is the number of the shaft construction that they decided was the one that had all of the characteristics they were looking for. There were 313 shafts made, tested and rejected before they settled on #314. Hence, the Predator314.

John

rackmup
10-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Kind of like the "lubricant" known as "WD-40."

It was originally designed as a "water displacer" (hence the "WD") but when used as a lubricant, it takes 40 applications to make it work.

Regards,

Ken

justbrake
10-12-2003, 11:48 AM
nice answer!, now where does the (Z) come into it /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fred Agnir
10-12-2003, 05:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote curt:</font><hr> Can someone tell me what the numbers "314" stand for or how they came to be? Thanks <hr /></blockquote> The going legend is that 314 represents PI (3.14). The shaft is pie-spliced, and the volume displaced out of the front of the shaft is some Pi*R^2*Lmagical.

Fred &lt;~~~ could use some pumpkin pie, pie-spliced, with a volume Pie*R^2*L

9 Ball Road Pro
10-13-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Kind of like the "lubricant" known as "WD-40."

It was originally designed as a "water displacer" (hence the "WD") but when used as a lubricant, it takes 40 applications to make it work.

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

Just try and find one place where this guy ever posted any intelligent answer. Here is one for me, somebody tell me what WD40 really is, read the label, they do not want you to know, so it say's nothing on it. What is that mystery spray? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Cueless Joey
10-13-2003, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Road Pro:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> Kind of like the "lubricant" known as "WD-40."

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

Just try and find one place where this guy ever posted any intelligent answer. Here is one for me, somebody tell me what WD40 really is, read the label, they do not want you to know, so it say's nothing on it. What is that mystery spray? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>
WD40 was invented by man from San Diego.
I believe it started out as rat poison at the military docks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
10-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Ha ha ha, well what door wins the prize. Guess some don't know too much about the shaft that many praises so highly.