PDA

View Full Version : BEST ADVISE EVER

cheesemouse
10-12-2003, 09:36 AM
???BEST ADVISE RECIEVED ON THE CCB???

The most useful peace of advise I recieved wasn't even pool related. Back in the days of DOWNTOWN, a particularly nasty cannuck of the north. DT had some pool knowledge but couldn't resist the impulse for his real pleasure which seemed to be smut peddling. I enjoyed wolfing at this idiot, it helped fill my day.........all of a sudden this guy who called himself 'Fast Larry' joins the board. It didn't take long before this guy proved to be a complete and irresistable target for anyone wishing to enter a pissing match. FL was full of knowledge and everyone else was a bozo, to put it mildly. In the beginning I thought this guy is a trip and a half....then I realized he believes this $hit he is peddling and I jumped in his mess kit....now here's where the advise comes in.
One of our most useful members pm'ed me and told me that he knew this particular gentlemen and that the guy was a blow hard know it all who had serious problems dealing with people. My buddy added that the guy was what he said he was but he was a self promoting jerk with limited skills in the game of pool and most that knew him personally didn't like the guy....my buddy suggested I not engage him in a wolfing session. I took that advice and that piece of advice is the best I have recieved on this board.
I should add that even my buddy couldn't follow his own advice and was lured into joining fray...I thought that was kind of funny... I think FL is funny most of all. A sad but funny character. FL reminds me of a person with an excessive compulsive disorder, you know, one of those people who have to count to 17 everytime they throw a light switch or the general order of the universe will start to come apart...
I am glad that I have had the discipline not to encourage FL but I must admit he has given me some of the best laughs I have had in ages...I believe he and his mates are here to stay. Given that this is a fact I suggest we welcome FL and his minions back with open arms...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8...........

rackmup
10-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I agree. Ignoring Larry and his many "friends" would be the best thing to do and I know I cannot follow that advice. Why?

A battle of wits, even if it is with someone who is slightly unarmed, is engaging to me. Several here (and at other forums) would pound the guy into oblivion if they had the chance. Larry isn't known for his pool skills nearly as much as he is for his lack of tact (the pic of the mentally challenged young man is a perfect example.)

He mimics what he thinks Italian-Americans and Asian-Americans "sound" like in his "alias posts." I know several from both origins who would simply prefer to hospitalize the man than put up with his crap.

I just find it entertaining to watch him as he assembles entire threads while he talks to himself in his many different personalities. I sort of like it when he posts something that allows me to blast back with a little sarcasm. Call it sick, call me a stalker, call it whatever you like but I mean the man no physical harm. It is no different than "woofing" in the poolhall.

As for mental damage I might be accused of causing? Well, he came fully equipped straight from the "Loonie Lot" with that as a standard feature.

As long as I don't answer a knock at my door from a guy with a beagle in a tutu and an old man with the misguided notion that he can throttle me, Larry's health (or lack thereof) will be determined by someone less patient than me.

Now...let him try that Pedro Martinez/Don Zimmer stuff and things might be different...

Regards,

Ken (you have to love Zimmer...)

SPetty
10-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi cheesemouse,

Some real good advice from your buddy. Please let me take this opportunity to enter my one post about this... Thank you to all the CCBers who are maintaining decorum and are keeping out of the fray. Please know that I know how difficult it is to hold your tongue at times, and believe me again, it is definitely appreciated and admired that you are able to do so.

Thanks again to the CCBers with the self control. Every little bit helps.

rackmup
10-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Guess that counts me out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Or:

I can do all of the talking for those who agree and choose to maintain decorum! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Ken

Vicki
10-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Cheese,

It is very good advise to stay out of it and refrain from adding my .02 but it is very hard to do. I really want to throttle this man and his egos. He is offensive - even to pool players. He's a fish. He'd last 10 minutes in my poolroom.

I am not at all for allowing any of the Fast Larry personalities back into the population. I really don't participate much on these forums anymore. I check in a couple times a week but I find all the arguments too much to filter through. I am reluctant to read any thread where a Fast Larry ego has posted because even if you skip over his posts it is very difficult to follow the rest of the posts or they all become a response to his episode.

No thanks, I've got bigger fish to fry than Fast Larry & the Wonder Dog. The forum and me are better off without the likes of him.

Vicki

rukiddingme
10-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Can we just PRETEND this guy does not exist and not respond to him.... or people who pretend to be him.... or people who want to be him... or people who insist on repeatedly posting ABOUT him?????????????????????????????????????
This board would be SO much better if that could be accomplished...just MHO ...
ruk

rackmup
10-13-2003, 04:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Can we just PRETEND this guy does not exist and not respond to him....<hr /></blockquote>

I'll try. I mean it. I'll try really hard.

Regards,

Ken (oh this will be tough because he is sooo easy...)

Chris Cass
10-13-2003, 05:53 AM
Oh Cheese,

You kill me. hahahaha But your not getting loured in are you? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~likes the Cheese tons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
10-13-2003, 06:01 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA,

No way Ken. LOL If he pulled in the Big man, you don't stand a chance. HAHAHAHAHA He even got the Cheese but he won't get me. I want to learn something or even laugh, not waist time on throwing bombs.

Regards,

C.C.~~innocent /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cheesemouse
10-13-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Oh Cheese,

You kill me. hahahaha But your not getting loured in are you? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~likes the Cheese tons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,

Being that this is a pool site overall let's assume that the collective mind of all the posters here is thinking along the same lines i.e we all put little packs of runs together to reach our goal; that being to win the game. Like in geometry I think this would be called a theorem or a deduction that can't postivively be proved but it seems like a reasonable conclusion to reach.

Now let's assume that Larry's behavior is an axiom or a fundamental truth; it is a given that he is nuts and that this fact cannot be changed. In order to win this game we have to except this and use it against him so we can win and get some freaking peace here. Larry would be like the guy who when he walks into the poolhall and approaches the open ring game table a collective groan can be heard but everybody in the game knows he is only a donator. He never takes money out of the game but just feeds the pot, he never changes, he never learns from the other players but his money is good. He is like fertilizer that really stinks but is good for the flowers.

Now the dilemma for the players in this ring game ( the ring game being this site...LOL ) is: we can't change the rules to the game, it is an OPEN game. Now how do we get his cash as fast and painlessly as possible so we can get back to the more pleasurable game we had going before he walked thru the front door.......LOL....I believe it can be accomplished by simply patronizing the hell out of the guy, kill him with kindness as it where....Chris, how many times have you patronized a player just to get him to unload his cash...."hey, man you got the best draw stroke I've ever seen. I wish I could pull the ball back like that but I know I will never beable to do it as good as you Larry. You are a pool god and there will never be another like you. I am not worthy...BLAH BLAH BLAH..."

All the players in the game give each other a knowing smile.......the guy downloads and he walks out the front door, stopping briefly at the light switch, counts to 17 a couple times, smiles and then walks out the front door knowing that he has just graces us with his marvelous blue ribbon pool knowledge.

...in answer to your question, am I getting lurd in? No, I am not. If I ever respond to Larry it will be to say......"Larry your a freaking genious and BLAH BLAH BLAH....."

The cheese is so glad that Chris is with us..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-13-2003, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Please let me take this opportunity to enter my one post about this... Thank you to all the CCBers who are maintaining decorum and are keeping out of the fray. <hr /></blockquote>
You are very welcome.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Please know that I know how difficult it is to hold your tongue at times, and believe me again, it is definitely appreciated that you are able to do so.<hr /></blockquote>
You have know idea, how hard it is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>Thanks again to the CCBers with the self control. Every little bit helps. <hr /></blockquote>
You are welcome, again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
10-13-2003, 08:25 AM
WHO is FL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Eric.
10-13-2003, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> WHO is FL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well, Tom, to answer your question as best as possible, I believe FL may be short for:

&gt;FLorida-the state that decided the Presidency

&gt;FLh-a model designation for a Harley Davidson

&gt;Fat Larry

&gt;Flask Larry

&gt;Fu&lt;kin Laughable

or

&gt;Fast Liar

Eric &gt;am I close?

Rod
10-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Ah so,

The many faces of FL? Well who knows if it is or not? We don't know what face or disorder will appear. FL is only a shell occupied by invaders. I'll bet he feels like Normandy on June 6, 1944. Well whatever, I just like to throw a jab once in a while. Just a little blood dripping after a sweet hit. I know he can't help it. LOL OK I'll try, just for you all.

Rod