PDA

View Full Version : ON THE ROAD

Troy
04-12-2002, 08:43 PM
I'm outta here. On the road (125 mi.) to Hardtimes in Sacramento for a USPPA Handicap 9-Ball Tournament, $50 entry, $1200 Added, Double Elim, race to 8/5. Players meeting Noon tomorrow, play starts at 1:00PM tomorrow.

Troy..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
04-13-2002, 04:30 AM
Good Luck, wish I was with ya. Tear'em up and make some money. No pressure, just good wishes,
C.C.

stickman
04-13-2002, 05:54 AM
Best of luck.

Doctor_D
04-13-2002, 06:23 AM
Good morning Troy:

Good Luck !!!

Dr. D.

04-13-2002, 08:08 AM
Hey Troy...
I hope you get in the money...Let us know when you return...

Ron Chapiesky in SC

jjinfla
04-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Good luck Troy. Break a stick! Just made that up. I'm sure you heard the other version out there. LOL Jake

Tom_In_Cincy
04-13-2002, 09:46 AM
I got a chance to play there last August.... It is a very nice place, great equipmenet and even greater local players.
Good luck.. and have lots of fun..

BillPorter
04-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Troy, good luck in the tournament. Go for the cash, but remember the old saying, "Strive for excellence over victory."

cheesemouse
04-13-2002, 08:15 PM
Troy,
I've played in that p/h a number of times. Does Terry still own it? I loved the backroom set-up for spectators. good luck...... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy
04-14-2002, 10:52 PM
94 Players. Paying 24 places. Got roped into helping TD get organized. Finally started tourney at 2PM. PA didn't work. Won my first match. Help TD keep track of W/L, open tables & calculate spots. Lost 2nd match. Help TD more. Won 3rd set. Help TD again. Won 4th set. Help TD. Lost match -- I'm out of tourney & out of the money. Forgot to eat, food break. Work on payout breakdown with TD. 11PM and down to final 24 for tomorrow......... Ignore the action, Sleep.

Started at Noon today with 8 from Winner's side, 16 on 1-loss side. Real smooth going today. TD lost the payout plan. Had to re-calculate payout. Didn't wait to see who won. Hit the road.

2H 30 Min drive home. Relax, eat dinner. Write this.

Troy...~~~ G'nite..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ZZZZZZZZZ

Chris Cass
04-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Troy,
You were'nt going their with the idea of helping the TD run the thing, were you? You can't give your total concentration on your game if your running the thing. Still, you really didn't do all that bad. One out of the doe is common for me. Don't like it and never get used to it but atleast I enter. Good Luck next time and know we all were pulling for ya.

Regards,
C.C.

Barbara
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Hey Troy! What are you doing for the Valley Forge Expo next year??!

Barbara~~~should crest 1400 players....

Troy
04-15-2002, 10:35 AM
I'll be on vacation from TD duties..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy... Can't count to 1400...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Hey Troy! What are you doing for the Valley Forge Expo next year??!

Barbara~~~should crest 1400 players.... <hr></blockquote>

Rod
04-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Troy, it's a wonder you got that far in the tournament, good job. I always found it extremely difficult to run a tournament and play well. At the begining of the tournament it might be ok, but it takes it's toll mentally if you are needed all day. Not eating hurts big time. Next time say no way, I come to play!

Troy
04-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys.
I obviously thought an experienced TD was involved and I was just gonna hang out and play. But Tony Annigoni is a friend and he asked me to get involved since their guy was out of control. I won't go into details, but I will say the TD had 4-5 entry lists and money in 4-5 envelopes with no idea if the total was correct. Also, since it was a handicap tourney, spots needed to be calculated for all matches, etc, etc.....

Troy...~~~ Will recover..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif