PDA

View Full Version : Road/Street/Highway Signs - Only in NY

Barbara
10-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Pete and I were coming back from Long Island from visiting his folks. We were there earlier this year, but there's always something new to see along the route.

Anyways, we're driving the Belt Parkway to the Verranzano Bridge and getting into the right exit lane when we come across the highway sign,<font color="black">

You are now leaving Brooklyn

FUGGEDABOUDIT!</font color>

Honest to God! It was a real highway sign and a Kodak moment (missed)!!

Barbara~~~gonna bring her camera with her next time...

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2003, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
FUGGEDABOUDIT![/b]...
<hr /></blockquote>

LOL, that's classic

Years ago, across the river in Florence KY a mall was being built. Before the mall was done they had the water tower up and painted on it was "FLORENCE MALL"

Some rival mall owner found an obscure law that said you can't advertise something that doesn't exist. So they repainted the M to a Y'.... "FLORENCE Y'ALL"

And it remains that way to this day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eric.
10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Just in case you forgot where you were, that should snap you out of it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There's another sign I get a kick out of:

In NJ, on Rt. 1 in Woodbridge, in front of the Mall, there is an 'Official' looking sign that is green and white, which sez- FREE SPEEDING TICKETS AHEAD.

I'll take a pic.

Eric

Barbara
10-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Eric,

This sign was "official" green and white too with the mayor's name on it!

It was hilarious! So is yours, btw!

Barbara

Barbara
10-13-2003, 11:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Some rival mall owner found an obscure law that said you can't advertise something that doesn't exist. So they repainted the M to a Y'.... "FLORENCE Y'ALL"

And it remains that way to this day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's funny! Some people have nothing better to do...

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2003, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>
.....FREE SPEEDING TICKETS AHEAD...... <hr /></blockquote>

The details are a bit vague in my mind, but somewhere the cops put up a sign that said "Narcotics Checkpoint Ahead" and they pulled over anybody that turned off the road /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. IIRC that was found unconstitutional. Thank goodness.

I think DUI checkpoints and seat-belt checkpoints should be unconstitiutional. That's getting close to jack-booted thug territory....IMO