PDA

View Full Version : Derby City Classic

cueball1950
10-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Ok, So who is going to the DCC, This will be my first year and from what i have been told it will be a great experience. Maybe a few of us could get together and do a little practicing or something. I am finally trying to learn 1 pocket. i figure my long history with 3 cushion billiards will help me in learning it. So hopefully i will get to meet some new people from the board there......mike

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2003, 06:46 AM
I expect I will go for a couple of days, especially since Isabel cheated me out of my trip to the Open.

Sally
10-13-2003, 04:01 PM
You know we're going to be there with bells on! The DCC is my favourite event, hands down.

BillPorter
10-13-2003, 05:56 PM
I'll be there for sure. I'll probably enter the one-pocket tournament again, though mostly to get a player's pass. I think it is one of the best pool tournaments for spectators: One-Hole, Banks, and Nine-ball in a nice hotel with decent rooms and food. Plenty of action and lots of vendors. Who could ask for anything more?

dg-in-centralpa
10-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Wish I could but it comes at a bad time of year for me. I have a sister-in-law about 30 minutes away that I could stay with, but the timing isn't right. Hope you have a good time. Check out the Derby museum at Churchill Downs. It's worth it for a side trip.

DG

NH_Steve
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
Count me in for the One-Pocket

And I would be interested in tangling in a little One Pocket with any other CCBers as well /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#### leonard
10-30-2003, 07:38 AM
d-g The Derby Museum should be interesting especially when a Saratoga horse won it this year. We have Racing Hall of Fame at the Saratoga Track which is always worth a trip.####

Fred Agnir
10-30-2003, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote NH_Steve:</font><hr> Count me in for the One-Pocket

And I would be interested in tangling in a little One Pocket with any other CCBers as well /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote> Where do you normally play, Steve? My recent one-pocket rompings has reminded me that I really don't know anything about the game and could use some pointers.

Fred

NH_Steve
10-30-2003, 06:57 PM
I play in whichever of the Boston-north area rooms I can find a One Pocket game. Usually either Brighton Billiards in Brighton or Breakers in Woburn. Either room is an hour plus drive for me, so I prefer to have a game arranged before I hit the road. Interested /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ?

tateuts
10-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Well, I'm trying to talk my buddy into going but ultimately it will be up to our wives (you know how that goes /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif).

We will hopefully get to go and play in the 9 ball tournament.

Chris

SRpool
10-31-2003, 03:27 AM
I should be there this year. Hopefully playing in all 3 events. Last year was alot of fun even though I didn't play in the tournaments, just went for the action. I can only imagine how it will be this year.

sarah

RUNaRAK
10-31-2003, 06:38 AM
I plan to be there for the first couple of days. Cannot afford to stay for all events, gotta work for a living!
Cannot wait to see the Ring Game more than anything. I would play in the 1 pocket &amp; 9 ball but time and work will not allow me to..
Anyone going to be at the Viking event next weekend in Columbus at Cornfed's?? I will donate some of my cash.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Maybe I will play a bit better if I get to play S. Putnam this time..

Peace,
Joe Koontz

dg-in-centralpa
10-31-2003, 07:05 AM
One of these days I'll make it to Saratoga. My grandmother has been there several times and raved how nice it is. So has Cueball1950. Hopefully next year.

DG - who lost on every race for the Breeders Cup