PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Carol NYC

cueball1950
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Congratulations to you Carol. (the woman with the best hugs in the world) That was a nice 5th/6th place finish over the weekend. Keep up the good work and pretty soon we will be watching you kick butt on ESPN.................Mike

CarolNYC
10-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Hey Mike,
I missed ya!But Gayle showed me a picture of you ,that Leonard had sent her, you were in the background, I think,watching a Mosconi match:):):)Pretty cool!:):)
As for this weekend,thanks and I have to send a BIG thank-you out to Gayle and Rich&Cathy!:)
I left Saturday morning at 6 am and arrived at pool hall in Maryland at 9:15 am-lo and behold, there is Gayle,playing on a table!Its been 2 years since I seen her, but it felt like yesterday-anyways, I wind up lasting in the winners bracket for Saturday, even after missing 4 NINEBALLS! OMG- it was pathetic,ha ha ha-we leave to go to Gayles-now we're driving ,what seemed like hours,ha ha ha, but was only 20 minutes,but the roads have NO LIGHTS- and I had no idea where we're going-well, we pull into Gayles "ESTATE"-I think its a 16 room mansion-unbelievable-better than any hotel I could have stayed in and I probably wouldnt have been able to get a hotel because some kind of Annapolis boat show was going on!Because of Gayle, I didnt spend a dime, cause I broke even with the 100 bucks I won and just played pool!Thank-you Gayle!
Rich and Cathy-I couldnt have done it without you!Your the best!
Scott Lee-I can definitely understand why you would give lessons from Gayles house-beautiful Diamond pro table:):)
Leonard-I read your article on the "111" run to Mizerak-very impressive!TAP!TAP!TAP!
And Rich told me we have some VERY intelligent "Princeton" people on this board-thats wonderful!
Moral of story-if Gayle ever invites you to stay at her home, dont turn it down!It was a great weekend!
And hey, Gayle placed 13/16th and this is only her 2nd regional tournament-how strong is that?:):)
Thanks again Mike-hope to see you soon!
Stay well all!
Carol
Oh, Mike, on Sunday, I couldnt make a ball and couldnt get out with ball-in-hand-total "brainfreeze"-oh well, NEXT!:):):)
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CarolNYC
10-13-2003, 03:21 AM
Oh Mike,
I forgot my excuse for Sundays play-Hmmmmmmmm,thinking..........NOT the balls,table,rails,new tip,spectators,other table,hole in my sock,thread hanging from my shirt,NOOOO, how about-CLEAN AIR! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ha ha ha
Carol~reality check-all me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
10-13-2003, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Oh Mike,
I forgot my excuse for Sundays play-Hmmmmmmmm,thinking..........NOT the balls,table,rails,new tip,spectators,other table,hole in my sock,thread hanging from my shirt,NOOOO, how about-CLEAN AIR! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ha ha ha
Carol~reality check-all me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
You forgot the best excuse for your first loss on Sunday. You played Ga Young Kim. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
10-13-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi Carol, you're a riot for sure. I was VERY proud of you this weekend, my friend. You really showed us all, that you are made of steel. It was my pleasure to have you and Kianna come and stay with us, and hope you felt at home here, as that is always my only wish for my guests.

You mean to tell me Mike was there? Boy, I wish I had known that, would love to meet him and show him that picture. Did I meet him and not realize who he was, Carol? I was so freaked, it wouldn't surprise me, LOL.

Someone has to go up to NY and help Dick Leonard (Leonard3X) get his computer going right so he can post. He can read CCB, but not post, due to something with his computer. We are all missing a lot by not recieving Dick's posts. I LOVE DICK LEONARD, (It's OK, my hubby knows, LOL) and he was so kind to send me photos of, not only himself, (Good looking man) but many of the pool greats from the days when Dick was touring around and shooting. And yes, you are in one Mike.
I just LOVE Kianna, your beautiful daughter, and I know you are very proud of her. We had great fun shooting together saturday night after we tucked you in, LOL, and what a great shooter SHE is, takes after Mom.
Boy, what a weekend, I learned so much this weekend it will take me weeks to digest all of it.
It was a great pleasure to meet "Gremlin" and "No Stroke" and also always great to see Rich and Kathy again.
No question, Carol is heading for ESPN, a terrific shooter, and totally committed to the game, sport, whatever it is, it is driving me nuts for sure!
Most important thing I learned, thanks to Rich e-mailing me pics of myself, I am back to the death grip on my cue, thought I was over that! Picture's worth a thousand words, thanks Rich, wish I had seen that picture LAST week, would have made a difference. Also learned, if you are a novice like me, and you hear them call your name for a match with an Asian sounding name, grab your stick and run OUT THE DOOR! LOL. You KNOW I was freaked after seeing Ellie Chang come in with Ga Young K. Like I said, Carol, could only happen to me, LOL. Missed the nine twice, one scratch, one hanger, YUK! Came home and watched the WPBA match KK &amp; GYK and cried my eyes out. EVERYONE...don't miss this match if you get the chance to see it! I think it will be repeated again tonight espn. RECORD THIS ONE!
Thanks again Rich and Carol, you guys are GREAT! Kianna, didn't get to hug you goodbye, XOXOXO.

Love to all.
Gayle in Md, shoots awful, but even worse when CCBers are watching, LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

cueball1950
10-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Sorry gayle, I was not there but do follow all the tours on line. I have known dick leonard for about 35 years or more. And to think, he promised me that picture also..lol Boy was i young at that time. And yes Carol, it was me watching dick play Willie Mosconi in an exhibition Match at Cue Time in South Troy, which Dick Leonard ran at the time. Dick has always been a gentleman and a big promoter of pool. Anyway, we will have to hook up some time Gayle and meet. maybe i can make it to one of the tour stops soon that you will be attending..................................Mike

Gayle in MD
10-16-2003, 05:29 AM
Hi Mike,
That would be great. Where do you live? It would be fun to meet you. If you e-mail me your address, I will send you copies of the pictures. Dick told me he had promised you copies, and I would be glad to do that for you and for Dick. Dick is a real favorite of mine, and I am determined to meet him some day. We have a dancing date, too. Dancing and playing pool with Dick Leonard, man, how could I go wrong with that! Hope to meet you soon...
Gayle In Md.
ps, You should see the BEAUTIFUL water color paintings that Dick paints. He is VERY talented, intelligent, and a true gentleman.