PDA

View Full Version : Guy misses a duck and says...

Leviathan
10-13-2003, 05:58 AM
I was watching a couple of guys playing 9-Ball the other day. One of them missed a duck, but he got dumb lucky and left the incoming player in a mess. The incoming player looked at the layout, shook his head sadly, and muttered "Jeez, that's ugly." The first guy said proudly "I can't be good--but by God, I can be real ugly!"

What comments are most appropriate when one (a) misses a duck or (b) gets a fluky leave?

--DM

RUNaRAK
10-13-2003, 06:13 AM
Go with the rolls. They will benefit the better player in the long run..

Chris Cass
10-13-2003, 06:17 AM
When?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

cheesemouse
10-13-2003, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> I was watching a couple of guys playing 9-Ball the other day. One of them missed a duck, but he got dumb lucky and left the incoming player in a mess. The incoming player looked at the layout, shook his head sadly, and muttered "Jeez, that's ugly." The first guy said proudly "I can't be good--but by God, I can be real ugly!"

What comments are most appropriate when one (a) misses a duck or (b) gets a fluky leave?

--DM <hr /></blockquote>

Leviathan,

Whenever I miss, dog it, crap down my leg, do something stupid BUT still make it, slope something in or get the tough leave.....I put my best cheesiest grin on and say <font color="red"> "GEEZ, that must have been the right shot!!!" </font color> Then I laugh like hell and run out the rack.....hehehehe....:) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

griffith_d
10-13-2003, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> I was watching a couple of guys playing 9-Ball the other day. One of them missed a duck, but he got dumb lucky and left the incoming player in a mess. The incoming player looked at the layout, shook his head sadly, and muttered "Jeez, that's ugly." The first guy said proudly "I can't be good--but by God, I can be real ugly!"

--DM <hr /></blockquote>

I just say when I dog a shot and leave the other person an almost impossible shot,..."oh well, safety!".

Griff

plato 17
10-13-2003, 11:45 AM

--DM <hr /></blockquote>

It was in the 1961 Hustler movie, Fats shoots, misses, Fast Eddy comes up and say's We'll fat man, when you miss, you sure don't leave much. Fats said, Eddy, that's what the game is all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8 ball ho
10-13-2003, 12:11 PM
When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
10-14-2003, 02:02 AM
If the guy misses a duck;
"You should have gone for the pot.
[ if he misses by a long way]
Why did you go for the bank shot.
[ or] Next time dont close your eyes."

If I get lucky;
"Its better to be lucky than good."
"I bet you didnt see that shot".

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
10-14-2003, 02:06 AM
My favourite. You miss by a long way,the Qb rolls off 4 rails to hook perfectly behind the 8.You then look your opponent in the eye and say,
"One of these days I will teach you that shot". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

RedHell
10-14-2003, 08:49 AM
My favorite ones are:

Guy plays a shot to hard and rattle the ball in the pocket -- "You didn't play it hard enough, a little harder it would have gone in !"

Guy takes a break an pot 3 or more balls -- "Stop carressing the cue ball and HIT that break !"

Guy misses an easy shot and leave me hooked -- "I bet you practiced that shot often to master it like this!"

Guy pockets a ball and sink another one at the same time -- "Show off !"

When I miss an easy duck -- "I knew I couldn't see it"

When I miss a ball and make it in another pocket -- "I bet you didn't see it that way, did ya ?"

pooltchr
10-14-2003, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> My favorite ones are:

Guy plays a shot to hard and rattle the ball in the pocket -- "You didn't play it hard enough, a little harder it would have gone in !"

Guy takes a break an pot 3 or more balls -- "Stop carressing the cue ball and HIT that break !"

Guy misses an easy shot and leave me hooked -- "I bet you practiced that shot often to master it like this!"

Guy pockets a ball and sink another one at the same time -- "Show off !"

When I miss an easy duck -- "I knew I couldn't see it"

When I miss a ball and make it in another pocket -- "I bet you didn't see it that way, did ya ?"

<hr /></blockquote>

Guy makes 3 or 4 on the break "You want to leave a couple for us to shoot at?"

Ross
10-14-2003, 09:50 AM
After I make a lucky shot or get a lucky leave -

"Okay, NOW I see what I'm up to!"

JoJo
10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr> After I make a lucky shot or get a lucky leave -

"Okay, NOW I see what I'm up to!" <hr /></blockquote>

Then there is the old bumper sticker line, S--- /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif happens.

griffith_d
10-14-2003, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

8 ball,...is that your real picture or did you find it somewhere?

Griff

8 ball ho
10-15-2003, 12:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

Oh Griffie, everything about me is for real, I am the real deal. Come dive with me in Florida, divers you know, do, do it deeper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

griffith_d
10-16-2003, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Griff <hr /></blockquote>

Oh Griffie, everything about me is for real, I am the real deal. Come dive with me in Florida, divers you know, do, do it deeper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The only diving I have ever done is head first,...I can come, but I do not have a place to stay.

Griff

8 ball ho
10-16-2003, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Head first, griffie, wrong answer, gonged. No place to stay, there are motels everywhere. You learn to snorkle, then you go dive in the water, see the reef and fishes. I do not waste my time with muff divers, only ocean divers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

griffith_d
10-16-2003, 04:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr> When that happens to me I say, I would rather be lucky than good, any body can be good, very few can be lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Head first, griffie, wrong answer, gonged. No place to stay, there are motels everywhere. You learn to snorkle, then you go dive in the water, see the reef and fishes. I do not waste my time with muff divers, only ocean divers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I have snorkled before,...but it is not diving. As soon as you go under water, you are just like any other person,....holding your breathe.

Griff