PDA

View Full Version : Just for the hecck of it

Mikey
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
I bought a Joss in Valley Forge with the implex joint in the shaft last March and played with it for a couple of months, it feels alright but just didn't do it for me.A couple of months ago, JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT, I tried the Joss shaft on my Schon and much to my amazement it feels better than the 314 I purchased for my Schon, I mean this sucker hits better than the original Schon shaft. It's taken some time to get used to the larger diameter shaft, but I like it. Any similar experiences?---Mikey

Rod
10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Mikey,

It's just a matter of preference. I have a Joss cue but it is older with the 13mm shaft. The newer, like yours is 13 1/4mm with a pro taper. The combination may be exactly what the doctor ordered, for you. If I had a new Joss shaft it would always be worth an experiment.

I have two 13 1/4mm shafts made by Schon, for my Schon cue. They are of a conical taper and somewhat firmer than a new Joss or Predator shaft. It works for me but many don't care for that large or type of taper. One day I'll find someone that wants a pred shaft on their Joss and buy a near new old shaft, or I might order one some day. No big hurry. LOL

Rod