PDA

View Full Version : Good Pool Room near DTW Airport ?

Nostroke
10-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Looks like ill have 5 hours to kill Wednesday at the Detroit Airport before others arrive and we go to Ontario for the WPBA event. Is there a nice poolroom nearby? On the other hand should i go to Ontario and then return to DTW around 5PM? Is it a big pain crossing into Canada and USA twice in 5 hrs? Havent been to Canada in several decades and have bo idea what the process is and or the length these days. Thanks in advance

MarkUrsel
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
No idea about the poolroom, but going back and forth between Canada and the US at a major border crossing such as Detroit/Windsor is no big deal.

As long as you don't get caught up in morning or afternoon rush-hour, the border crossing should be a matter of a few minutes plus any time in lane waiting.

I cross back and forth about 6 or 8 times a year and never have any problems. Big problems would be bad ID, criminal record, or previous border crossing refusals. If you have a passport or driver's license and birth certificate, you should be fine.

Nostroke
10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Great- Thanks- the second time will be near rush hour but at least then ill have company.

Steve - Detroit
10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
There's the Shark Club on Ford Rd. in Canton. They had a WPBA event there a few years ago. Also there's Bogarts and Snookers in Livonia. I'm sure there are more, these I'm familiar with and they're decent places. As far as driving all the way to Windsor and then back, that could be a long trip if the traffic's bad, killing time in a pool hall sounds a lot better to me.