PDA

View Full Version : Meucci comes through again

tateuts
10-14-2003, 12:31 PM
I just ordered 3 shafts from Meucci, each had to be custom made with special collar patterns. I called in the order September 22 to Mark and the shafts were shipped October 8. The wood quality on this batch is very good.

I think Meucci's service has really improved.

Chris

8 ball ho
10-14-2003, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I just ordered 3 shafts from Meucci, each had to be custom made with special collar patterns. I called in the order September 22 to Mark and the shafts were shipped October 8. The wood quality on this batch is very good.

I think Meucci's service has really improved.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

I have a power piston four and a gambler, I like them a lot, they give me a lot of english on the cue ball, that I like also. I use a 2 piece dufferin house cue type to break with, it works well also. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tateuts
10-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Wow, Ho, I thought you were 86ed from the board, along with FL, Roadrunner, etc.

I like your bathing suit. It keeps me warm.

Chris

pooltchr
10-14-2003, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 8 ball ho:</font><hr>I have a power piston four and a gambler, I like them a lot, they give me a lot of english on the cue ball /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Is it the cue that gives you english, or is it the position of the tip on the cue ball and the way you stroke it? Not trying to be difficult, just wondering if it's the cue or the shooter that gets the english?

Voodoo Daddy
10-14-2003, 02:56 PM
When you know the answer, please let us all know. I was always under the impression that "stroke" made it all happen. Never played with a cue I couldnt draw my ball or twist whitey with!!

Voodoo~~~cant wait for this reply....

Scott Lee
10-15-2003, 09:24 AM
Steve and Steve...I hear this almost on a daily basis: "I get better 'draw' or better 'english' with THIS cue or THAT tip." LOL Both of you, as well as the better players here, know that the stroke is the ONLY thing that will result in more consistent and accurate results! Improve the quality of your stroke, and your game goes up a speed or two immediately. I haven't had a student yet, who didn't agree wholeheartedly...especially after understanding and correcting imperfections in their own strokes! Once you improve the quality of your stroke, THEN the equipment may have SOME bearing. However, like Steve says, I also can draw my rock with ANY cue...assuming it has a tip, and I have a piece of decent chalk! LOL

Scott Lee

Qtec
10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
According to this maker its the cue.

[ QUOTE ]
More spin. Predator produces more spin than any conventional cue, which makes it easier to draw, follow and move your cue ball around the table <hr /></blockquote>

No need for lessons, just buy a Predator. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec

Rod
10-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Apparently many people don't know where spin comes from. Predator is making the best of the uneducated pool players by selling them a bag of goods. If I marketed a tip called a Grabber (or similar) well enough, they would sell like hot cakes! LOL Why, because I'd have everybody believing it produces more spin or english. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've already heard it here many times. People (note people, not players) tell tales of how great a cue or hit or gargantuas amounts of spin. I can't type that without laughing my a$$ off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ha ha ha ha

Rod

Paul_Mon
10-15-2003, 10:35 AM
I've had nothing but great service from them. On one occasion I returned a butt that developed a cloudy look to the finish in the joint area, repaired at NC. another time the butt shattered while breaking and they replaced the butt, again at NC. I'm extremely pleased with their service department.

Paul Mon

pooltchr
10-15-2003, 12:43 PM
Scott,
I agree 100%. I was just trying to make a point. Any cue with a good tip in the right hands can give you what you want. And a great cue without the proper stroke ain't going to give you squat. I get asked so often which cue or tip or whatever will give the best english, and I always say it doesn't matter until you get the stroke right. I guess my intended sarcasim didn't come through too well in my question.
Steve

JPB
10-15-2003, 08:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> I've had nothing but great service from them. On one occasion I returned a butt that developed a cloudy look to the finish in the joint area, repaired at NC. another time the butt shattered while breaking and they replaced the butt, again at NC. I'm extremely pleased with their service department.

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>

How bad does a cue have to be to shatter when hitting a ball? They better have good service if they sold something that bad.

Paul_Mon
10-16-2003, 04:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr>
How bad does a cue have to be to shatter when hitting a ball? They better have good service if they sold something that bad. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not so sure that it wasn't my fault. At the time I was breaking with a big follow through and driving the tip into the cloth. This would put a bend and some strain on the joint which is where this cue shattered. Say what you want about the Meucci. My feelings are that Meucci makes a great cue and stands behind their product.

Paul Mon

Scott Lee
10-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Steve...I understood your sarcasm perfectly! LOL I just wanted to point out the same thing Rod said (and you, and Voodoo, and and and)...that is quite simply DOESN'T MATTER, if you have a stroke! You have to wonder about 8-ball Ho!
Larry has many times before pretended to be someone (both guy and girl) who has no clue about stroke, etc...usually so he can come in and "correct" the post, sometimes, even with the right information. LOL

Scott

JPB
10-16-2003, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Paul_Mon:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JPB:</font><hr>
How bad does a cue have to be to shatter when hitting a ball? They better have good service if they sold something that bad. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not so sure that it wasn't my fault. At the time I was breaking with a big follow through and driving the tip into the cloth. This would put a bend and some strain on the joint which is where this cue shattered. Say what you want about the Meucci. My feelings are that Meucci makes a great cue and stands behind their product.

Paul Mon <hr /></blockquote>

Ah OK. That makes some sense. A company that replaces a product a customer breaks by misuse has good service. I hate their cues tho, but if they replavced your cue they should get some points for it.