PDA

View Full Version : That PPP Site Registration, Problems!

Sid_Vicious
10-14-2003, 06:44 PM
I registered days ago and I can't get it right I guess cuz no mail at my e-mail account. Can somebody PM me to give me hints as to why???Thanks sid

9 Ball Girl
10-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Same here. I registered at about 10ish AM I think on Tuesday and haven't gotten a confirm email yet.

ChrisW
10-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Same here!

Rich R.
10-15-2003, 07:37 AM
I know some one who registered this morning and received their confirmation within seconds.
You all may want to try again.

Kato
10-15-2003, 08:02 AM
I got mine immediately.

Kato

ChrisW
10-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey it worked!

Brady_Behrman
10-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Email if you are having probs, make sure you enter your email address correctly

pro@poolplayersparadise.com

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2003, 09:06 PM
My e-mail address was exactly right, I registered exactly with the same nickname as I use here, and I never received a response in return. Your site is obviously not operational with even the simple registration process. What else can be expected as goofy with the PPP site if the registration process haunts people on day one? This is disappointing Brady...sid

Tom_In_Cincy
10-16-2003, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sid wrote:
Your site is obviously not operational with even the simple registration process. <hr /></blockquote>

Please try to re-register. PPP values all feedback on ways to improve and what does or doesn't work.

PPP has had some problems, we also found out the AOL users have had some unusual problems posting. Brady has found a fix for this and implemented it with success.

Hopefully when we are provided feedback, we can correct these annoyances.

Thanks for understanding.

Gayle in MD
10-16-2003, 03:17 AM
Hi Tom and how are you? I registered last night, got an e-mail confirmation with un-highlighted return confirmation link, typed it in manually, and was rejected saying no info on me????
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Gayle in Md /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
10-16-2003, 03:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Your site is obviously not operational with even the simple registration process. What else can be expected as goofy with the PPP site if the registration process haunts people on day one? This is disappointing Brady...sid <hr /></blockquote>
And we all know that the CCB, AZB and Playpool.com all work with no problems at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Give the guy a break Sid. He is trying to start something new, and possibly better.
What other internet sites do you know of, that never have any problems?

pooldaddy9
10-16-2003, 04:20 AM
I had the same problem. I tried the second time and it worked fine. GREAT site /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2003, 05:48 AM
Ya know though, most of these others at least had a promo period before registration to let you see if it was all worth estra effort. I simply fight system problems as a job and do not have patience for a simple registration goof, no matter if it's a new site. Has anybody at PPP ever heard of what a roll out in system creation is? It means, "Test it for operation before letting the users have it." You'd THINK that the registration process(the first process) would have been unkinked...SID

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2003, 05:59 AM
Sent you a PM Tom...sid

Rich R.
10-16-2003, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>Has anybody at PPP ever heard of what a roll out in system creation is? <hr /></blockquote>
You seem to be assuming there is a paid staff handling PPP.
There is none. This is Brady, creating a web site, on his own time, using his own web space. Maybe he will eventually be able to make a buck, with advertising, but, for the time being, he is doing it, only to provide a decent web site for pool players.

Maybe because you work in the field, you are less tolerant, than I. But I see long established pool sites having problems too. I wouldn't expect a new site to be trouble free.

I'm just asking that you give Brady a chance to get things running smoothly, before you rip him up. I, for one, appreciate his effort.

eg8r
10-16-2003, 06:46 AM
Sid, I do not understand your hostility. If you are already questioning the site, then why bother continuing to access it? If I was to follow your same logic (cannot register so the rest of the site probably does not work) then I would be forced to believe you don't know what you are doing. I registered and received my email all within about 2 minutes. I was up and going. Now, if you cannot register correctly, it is obvious you would not know how to work the rest of the site.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2003, 08:17 AM
You're right, I've been quite the ass about the whole deal. I'll not say any more, and if I don't have success in registering again over this coming weekend, then I'l just not be a part of that site. I'm fairly busy with other interesting sites anyways...sid

Tom_In_Cincy
10-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Gayle,
Please provide the 'username' you are going to use at PPP. And send it to info@poolplayersparadise.com. And, are you using the same email address you use on AOL Chat?

9 Ball Girl
10-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Sid,

I had the same problem when I tried to re-register the second time. Actually, as a user I didn't exist but my email account was already in use. Anyways, I sent Brady a message to info@poolplayersparadise.com and he fixed it up in less than 10 minutes. I'm in now.

bolo
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Very inappropriate way of dealing with your problem, very immature.

Brady_Behrman
10-16-2003, 03:30 PM
There have been a few problems with registration..Not Sure why..

If you continue to have problems, email me pro@poolplayersparadise.com

I have resolved anyones issues wthin minutes and will do the same for you. There are almost 100 registered people so far that havent had any probs.

Thanks
Brady

Brady_Behrman
10-16-2003, 03:33 PM
We tested it for two days prior with no probs so we released it. I am still clueless to why two or three people couldt register..

Only a fool would release an untested site..

Registration is free, if it were charging then you could gripe. My email is everywhere, if you HAVE any probs, let me know..Glad to Help You!

Thank You Sir
Brady

Brady_Behrman
10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Sent you PM , Your In!

Gayle, Please email me pro@poolplayersparadise.com if still having probs

Thanks
Brady

Sid_Vicious
10-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks Brady, it is in working order now, pwd and e-mail updates made...sid

Vicki
10-17-2003, 10:17 AM
Vicious, &lt;----- (really vicious)

I think it is very inappropriate for you to come to CCB to gripe about PPP. You're out of line. The hostility is uncalled for.

I appreciate Brady's efforts to bring us a new website that is different and fun. It is very original and I love the interaction between users. Brady is one of pool's greatest assets because he's willing to put his own time and money into the sport. While the rest of us are working for the man he's working for us. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Vicki

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2003, 01:23 PM
It's a little less inappropriate than somebody hawking business for their billiard website on a different billiard site, now isn't it? It's a relative issue there Vick.

I'm settled with the issue, but I'll get into a pissing contest over the inappropriateness of it if you want. It's a "what came first, chicken or the egg" issue, but I'll defend my priveledge to complain before I'll defend somebody else's right to call me the primary bad guy(if there even is one.) sid

Brady_Behrman
10-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Hawking Business?

Who's making money here, someone keep me informed..lol

Voodoo Daddy
10-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Dont let the bashers get under your skin! Keep groovin dude!!

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2003, 03:25 PM
I'd like to squelch this by saying I am sorry for my knee jerk reaction. Brady's offered a rather intense and interesting site for pool players to visit, and he's helped me without my asking, all in all a cool persona. I'll admit my impatient and pointed attitude over my difficulties in registration, and I retract the bad rhetoric by the way I responded to my being called on the carpet for that message of frustration turned bitter.

Sincerely,
Sid

Brady_Behrman
10-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Thank you, enjoy!