PDA

View Full Version : Is there no end to the madness.

Qtec
10-15-2003, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
U.S. May Expand Access To Endangered Species

By Shankar Vedantam
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, October 11, 2003; Page A01

The Bush administration is proposing far-reaching changes to conservation policies that would allow hunters, circuses and the pet industry to kill, capture and import animals on the brink of extinction in other countries.

Giving Americans access to endangered animals, officials said, would feed the gigantic U.S. demand for live animals, skins, parts and trophies, and generate profits that would allow poor nations to pay for conservation of the remaining animals and their habitat.

<hr /></blockquote>

Who wants to kill the last Panther?

For $5,000 you can kill a Giraffe. $15,000 gets you an Elephant.

My question; why would you want to? Is it a macho thing?

Is it a brainless idiot thing?

I dont get it.

Q

SPetty
10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is taking public comments on its alarming plan through Friday. Citizens can send letters to Dr. Peter Thomas, 4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Room 700, Arlington, VA 22203, or e-mail their reactions to managementauthority@fws.gov.

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2003, 10:57 AM
And it's any kind of small mystery why Bush is intent on drilling in our protected reserve areas? This administration are all sickos by the way they forego and forget about saving anything for our next generation of children to see. ALL FOR THE BUCK!!!sid

eg8r
10-15-2003, 01:18 PM
LOL, that was great Sid. You guys crack me up.
eg8r

Rod
10-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Q, While I agree with your position, why do you look for things that obivously upset you? Are you into pain or frustration?

Rod

Qtec
10-16-2003, 03:33 AM
Believe me, I dont go looking for this stuff. I just cant close my eyes and ignore whats happeneing in the world.

Unlike others, I dont think people who live today have the right to deny our children and our children,s children the wonder of the worlds wildlife.

They say the root of all evil is money. There might be something in that.

Q