PDA

View Full Version : Strickland in '99 and Carella in '75 What's up?!

Bassn7
10-15-2003, 09:16 AM
For any and all pool historians: What are the details about Strickland walking out on a tournament in 1999 and Mike getting shot in 1975? These two stories sound interesting yet tragic. What happened? Anyone.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Earl was playing Corey D in the finals. Corey was racking, Earl was complaining. TD took over racking duties and told Earl that he HAD to accept the rack, no questions! Earl quit.

This was suppose to be a televised match.

DoomCue
10-15-2003, 10:40 AM
This happened during the finals of one of the last events of the Camel Pro Tour. Not only did Earl complain about the rack, he complained about Corey's use of the soft break. Earl was saying something to the effect that it was unmanly to use a soft break. I believe that tournament was held in Michigan, and it was Corey's first pro tournament win (I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong). Earl was suspended from the next tournament (Charlotte 10-Ball) by the CPBT for his actions.

-djb

Billy
10-15-2003, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr> This happened during the finals of one of the last events of the Camel Pro Tour. Not only did Earl complain about the rack, he complained about Corey's use of the soft break. Earl was saying something to the effect that it was unmanly to use a soft break. I believe that tournament was held in Michigan, and it was Corey's first pro tournament win (I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong). Earl was suspended from the next tournament (Charlotte 10-Ball) by the CPBT for his actions.

-djb
<hr /></blockquote>

this is a bit more accurate.

Earl didn't like the soft break, couldn't duplicate CD's soft break,then started his complaining.the TD was racking the entire time and it was Wisconsin if my memory serves me well

as far as Carrella,many different speculations arose but best left unsaid.a top notch player whose talent will probably go unrecognized

jmo