PDA

View Full Version : Fox News - The more you watch...

SPetty
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Fact-Free News

Fox News. The more you watch, the more you'll get things wrong. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27061-2003Oct14.html)

nAz
10-15-2003, 03:17 PM
Done!

err i thought Fox was fair and balance? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Qtec
10-16-2003, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The strange disappearance of the "not interested" quote, continued (10/3)
By Brendan Nyhan

The omission of the context for Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle's speech on the Senate floor on Sept. 25 and the debate it triggered is becoming more pathological. Now the key quote -- President Bush implying that Senate Democrats are "not interested in the security of the American people" -- is disappearing from generalized reports on the alleged politicization of a potential war in Iraq and the war on terror.

On September 27, ABC's Claire Shipman reported on the question of whether President Bush is politicizing the war on terror on "World News Tonight." She did not mention the "not interested" quote, presenting a less controversial one instead.

And, in a new piece for Newsweek on the alleged politicization of a potential war in Iraq, Howard Fineman carefully avoids the "not interested" quote. He writes, "weeks of [Bush] accusing Democrats of caring more about 'the special interests than protecting American security'" was "a line of attack that sent the city’s top Democrat, Sen. Tom Daschle, into a husky-voiced tirade." Where's the "not interested" quote that was the center of the whole debate? Nowhere to be found. And Fineman's quotation of Bush appears to be incorrect -- it does not appear anywhere in the Nexis news database, Google or on the White House website (though it resembles similar statements made by Bush in recent weeks).

It's well established that a specific statement was the key to this controversy. By omitting President Bush's much-criticized statement, journalists not only don't tell the whole story; they blatantly misrepresent an important political debate.

<hr /></blockquote>

happens all the time.

Q

eg8r
10-16-2003, 07:04 AM
LOL, and you are quoting Brendan Nyhan. Who else you gonna quote that hates Bush and has an agenda in mind when writing his liberal articles?????????????

Here is a great quote from this idiot (he is referring to Ann Coulters Townhall column towards Clinton)... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brendan:</font><hr> At the basic level, her columns often open with inflammatory attacks like calling Ted Kennedy an "adulterous drunk" (1/18) and joking that President Clinton had "crack pipes on the White House Christmas tree" (3/16). Also, she often brings up figures and organizations despised by the right, including Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin (mentioned three times in two columns [3/8, 4/5]), the American Civil Liberties Union (4/19, 4/26, 5/17, 6/15), Hustler publisher Larry Flynt (1/4, 4/19, 5/17), actress/singer Barbra Streisand (1/4, 5/24 [omitted from Townhall.com listing], 6/28) and rapper Sister Souljah (3/29).

Most name-calling, however, is directed at Clinton, who is mentioned in 17 of her 28 columns (that's 61% - I'll omit a links list). Coulter calls him, among other things, a "celebrated felon" (3/29), a "known" felon (5/24), a "pervert, liar and a felon" (6/21), a "criminal" (1/11), "a flim-flam artist" (1/11) and a "prominent" criminal (3/29). More extended cheap shots include a "Thai sex tour" joke (4/12), a reference to a Thai "sex emporium" named after him (2/19) and this charming aside:

Mean-spirited comments like this are interspersed through most of her columns. The validity of the accusations against Clinton is not the point. Coulter raises his name over and over as an emotional red flag to her readers. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, He is upset because of the name calling, not because the name calling is TRUE. He must have been bullied when he was younger and is sensitive now. Too bad that is clogging his eyes to the real truth.
eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2003, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
Fully 48 percent of Americans believed that the United States had uncovered evidence demonstrating a close working relationship between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda. Another 22 percent thought that we had found the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And 25 percent said that most people in other countries had backed the U.S. war against Saddam Hussein. Sixty percent of all respondents entertained at least one of these bits of dubious knowledge; 8 percent believed all three.
<hr /></blockquote>

I don't recall Fox reporting any of these. I don't watch tv that much though.

I bet 40% of the dolts in this country can't name the Sec. of State or the VP, so I don't know what this poll proves.

Fox is obviously biased, but finally, after 40 years of liberal slant, we're getting the other side. You may not believe this but I noticed the media's liberal slant when I was 10 years old. And they have been denying it for 36 years /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JMO /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
10-16-2003, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You may not believe this but I noticed the media's liberal slant when I was 10 years old <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Like how?

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2003, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wally:</font><hr> <font color="red">You may not believe this</font color> but I noticed the media's liberal slant when I was 10 years old <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Q:</font><hr>

Like how?

Q <hr /></blockquote>

I knew you would not believe it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
10-16-2003, 11:08 AM
I knew, that you would think that you knew, that I would not believe it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q