PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to practice?

sutallee
10-15-2003, 03:51 PM
I am getting back into playing pool again after 6 yrs. of not playing. What is the best way to practice to keep improving on my game? Thanks

Cueless Joey
10-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Play against someone near or equal to your level then beat him/her.

dg-in-centralpa
10-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Since you haven't played for awhile, I would just put all the balls on the table and try to run them all. Like straight pool. This will help your timing, aiming, and position play. Also set up shots, cuts,banks, etc. Shoot several of these in a row, 'til you feel comfortable.

DG - this worked for me, but I'm no pro

cheesemouse
10-15-2003, 08:56 PM
sutallee,

What do you estimate your level of play to be? I think that makes a difference in your come back practice.

plato 17
10-15-2003, 10:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sutallee:</font><hr> I am getting back into playing pool again after 6 yrs. of not playing. What is the best way to practice to keep improving on my game? Thanks <hr /></blockquote>

Hi, this is Plato. Play people better than you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
10-16-2003, 05:45 AM
Three words: Black Belt Billiards

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2003, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Three words: Black Belt Billiards <hr /></blockquote>

I'll second that. Here's the website.

http://members.aol.com/blkbeltbilliards/

mark wilson
10-16-2003, 09:53 AM
Regardless of skill level the game is still about who moves the cue the best so I am of the opinion that working on a smooth, straight cue delivery is the ultimate key to success. Practice with the cue ball on the spot and after each shot examine the follow-through and determine the quality and straightness that resulted. Making the ball is secondary and only important if the stroke was uniform and repeating. Consistency with the stroke delivery system translates to accuracy and speed control.