PDA

View Full Version : Fake blood

Qtec
10-16-2003, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fake blood gets woman hernia op

A woman mixed cranberry juice with crumbled biscuits to simulate her own blood and get herself admitted to hospital.
Trizka Litton phoned 999 and called an ambulance, claiming to have vomited blood.

She was admitted to Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry, where she underwent surgery to correct a serious hiatus hernia.

Mrs Litton said she had no choice as she had been waiting seven months for an operation.

She told The Times newspaper: "I carried a heavy burden of guilt and shame at being forced to cheat and lie.
"But that vanished when doctors told me just how near death I had been."

Mrs Litton was given medication after her hernia was diagnosed three years ago.

But she said she suffered unbearable pains as her condition began to deteriorate.

She was told that she needed surgery in 2001 after coughing up large amounts of blood.

Her stomach had been pushed up into her chest cavity and was pressing on her heart and lungs.

However, her surgery was cancelled three times in three weeks, and finally she decided to take matters into her own hands in November last year.

"What I did was completely out of character. I still don't know what came over me or how I could have even thought of cooking up such a preposterous plot." she said.

Mrs Litton got rid of her fake blood, which she was carrying in a plastic container, before it could be tested.

She finally underwent surgery 17 hours after arriving at the hospital.

Surgeons found that almost all of her stomach had moved into the chest cavity and was pressing on her heart.

"I still don't know what came over me or how I could have even thought of cooking up such a preposterous plot."
Trizka Litton

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2003, 09:23 AM
~~~~"she had been waiting seven months for an operation."

Socialized medicine at it's finest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif