PDA

View Full Version : Cowbot THIS BO-SOX fans

Voodoo Daddy
10-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Once again the YANKEE'S proved their heart...MARLINS, YOUR NEXT!!

Voodoo~~~will not rub it in...<yeah, right>... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ps...shoulda been Cowboy<not Cowbot>, I got so damn excited I forgot how to spell...HAHAHAHA

cueball1950
10-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Time for the YANKEES to put the HOOK in the Marlins and REEL them in.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif.Go YANKEES. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif.....................mike

nAz
10-16-2003, 11:32 PM
What a freaking awesome game! Wow do the Blowsox sux bad! Bahahahahahahahah.

this year has got to be some of the best post season baseball played from both leagues in decadeS!

1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918 1918

eg8r
10-17-2003, 06:31 AM
It was an awesome game. LOL, too bad my eyes could not stay open any longer. I went to bed at the end of the 7th down by 2. When I wake up in the morning YANKEEEEEEEEES WIIIIIIN. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hey Kato, thank you for explaining the walk off home run thing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just kidding.

One thing I thought was amazing was Pedro. He started the game throwing high 80s for the first couple innings, then in the 5th and 6th this guy is hitting mid 90s. LOL, Amazing. Pedro is awesome.

See you all (BoSox) next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-17-2003, 06:44 AM
and the final blow was delivered by Aaron Boone, who was traded from the Reds for a mule and a sack of potatoes by Reds Boy Wonder GM Jim Bowden.

Bowden also fired Jack McKeon and hired Bob Boone, Aaron's dad, who turned out to be the worst manager since Vern Rapp. Around here they call him "Bob Buffoon"

and Jack McKeon has a "sweet revenge" smile a mile wide. Good for him. He's a good guy.

Chris Cass
10-17-2003, 07:05 AM
That definitely was a game to watch. I'm happy for all of NY fans. I hate to be a bad guy and love all the NY'ers for sure. They need a break and win this shindig too. I hope they do but as I predicted to Heide it's the yr of the fish. sorry fans. Kato, your fish will take it off.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
I was sitting at the bar in the pool room drowning in sorrow as I saw my Yanks slipping away. This wasn't only just to see who would make it to the World Series, but for bragging rights! I must've been on my 5th beer when BOOM!--things started to look up in the 7th inning but still, going into the 8th inning 5-2 isn't a big lead but it's towards the end of the game and then DOUBLE BOOM!--the game is tied! I snapped out of my drunken stupor and sat up 'cause I just knew we had this. The extra innings were definitely nail biters when out of nowhere comes some guy named Boone in the 11th, takes a whack at the ball, the ball starts to soar, I start to pray for it to stay to the right side of the foul pole and it's a homer! What a delicious way to end a classic rivalry whilst on the hill! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well lets see. I bet on the Marlins against the Cubs so I got a dinner out of that. I bet on the Yankees against the BoSox and I've got a weekend trip, $20, a beer, and free pooltime! Bahahahahaha! Now what can I get out of Kato???

Wendy<--spoke to Kato after the game and if I could've been there, I'da given him a nice, tight hug and kiss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Nothing like stepping up knowing your reliever has just blown his load and sendin' one outta the park...work up happier than I went to sleep!!

Cueless Joey
10-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Pls., you remember nothing about the game last night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Whatta game but you KNEW the Sox were gonna blow it and the Yanks we're gonna make the comeback.
OMG, the pain of the Sox fans. Suicide alert in Boston!!!

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I don't remember anything at all! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remember when the BoSox played Oakland and the cameras kept cutting over to some bar named Jillian's in Boston? Remember how the fans at the bar looked happy as hell well the BoSox won?

Well, were the hell were those cameras last night?! I would've loved to see the looks on their faces. And I've also noticed or was to drunk to not notice that the cameras no longer focus in on the losing team's dugout. Did the BoSox all duck into their lockers or what?

Cueless Joey
10-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Those loooong faces in the Sox dugout is getting old.
Jeesh, I still remember Roger, Schiraldi and Boggs in '86.
Boggs weeping like a child. YIKES!
It's another long winter for the Sox fans. They all want Little fired NOW. What a moron for leaving Pedro in there.

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Well Joey, I've gotta confess to you. The one and only time I rooted for Boston, was back in '86 because I cannot stand the Mets. I don't care if they're from NY, but I grew up in a household full of Yankee fans.

Wade Boggs. Wade who finally got his ring for the '96 World Series win. The reason he was crying in '86, or so I heard, was because he had just gotten a call to let him know that his Mom, who always watched him play, had just passed away. I could be wrong and maybe you can correct me on that.

I'll never forget. I was in the 8th grade and all those damn Mets fans walked into my math class holding up the Daily News with the front cover reading Yes! and I think it was the Mets pitcher pictured. Blah.

Voodoo Daddy
10-17-2003, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'll never forget. I was in the 8th grade and all those damn Mets fans walked into my math class holding up the Daily News with the front cover reading Yes! and I think it was the Mets pitcher pictured. Blah. <hr /></blockquote>

8th grade in '86? Jesus H. Christ I'm gettin' old!!!

Cueless Joey
10-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Hold it. The Yankees lost.
Yankees lose, read all about it. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/postcurse1.html)

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2003, 03:44 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Tom_In_Cincy
10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Being a long time BoSox fan, and then seeing a 4-0 lead being blown, then seeing Arron Boone (ex Red that demanded to be traded after daddy got fired) sending the Sox to the offseason early..

I had to just smile, knowing that my friends that are Yankee fans.. at least, were happy. Not me.. another sad baseball season for the REDs, Cards, SF, Cubs and BoSox.

Damn Yankees,, Hope the fish shark them.. and pull it off in 4

wolfdancer
10-18-2003, 01:05 PM
their silent...what?

Keith Talent
10-19-2003, 11:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> The one and only time I rooted for Boston, was back in '86 because I cannot stand the Mets. I don't care if they're from NY, but I grew up in a household full of Yankee fans.

I'll never forget. I was in the 8th grade and all those damn Mets fans walked into my math class holding up the Daily News with the front cover reading Yes! and I think it was the Mets pitcher pictured. Blah. <hr /></blockquote>

You're a hard case, Wendy!

And that guy on the News cover pitched for youse guys this summer. That was hard to take for somebody who grew up in a household of Mets fans, lemme tell ya. My folks are from St. Louis and Chicago and grew up hating the Yanks, for good reason. They got to NYC in 1960 and switched from Cards and Cubs to the Mets soon after ...

and talk about old ... I'll never forget hearing the last few outs of the '69 Series, on the radio coming home on the school bus from 5th grade!

Go Fish.

BTW, I've already got Mets onesies for Cameron and Kate, who were born a week ago Friday. Everybody's fine ... and exhausted ... especially me right now on the overnite feeding and diapering shift.

9 Ball Girl
10-20-2003, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Keith Talent:</font><hr> BTW, I've already got Mets onesies for Cameron and Kate, who were born a week ago Friday. <hr /></blockquote>Congratulations on your twins!!!!! Hey, maybe you can PM me your address so that I can send you a couple of Yankee onesies! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---Squish the Fish!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith Talent
10-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the congrats. It's totally amazin.

But hey, no Yankee paraphernalia allowed in the house during the young'uns formative years! That would be as dangerous as having a pack of Moonies over for tea.

My youngest brother the Yank fanatic and I have come to an understanding that I won't foist any Mets stuff on his 6-month-old daughter and ditto here for Bomber stuff.

I figure they can make up their own minds after they turn 21. Until then I'll be busy poisoning their minds against the Evil Empire! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
10-21-2003, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Once again the YANKEE'S proved their heart...MARLINS, YOUR NEXT!!

Voodoo~~~will not rub it in...&lt;yeah, right&gt;... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ps...shoulda been Cowboy&lt;not Cowbot&gt;, I got so damn excited I forgot how to spell...HAHAHAHA <hr /></blockquote>

There's a great picture of a CCBer on AZBilliards watching the 7th game. Find it.

Fred &lt;~~~ was cropped out