PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new break/jump cue.

RUNaRAK
10-17-2003, 05:42 AM
I am looking for a new break/jump cue and need to know what you might feel is a good & solid one? I am currently playing with a bungee<sp?> and it is o.k. but makes a tink as if something is loose when I hit with it?
Money is not an object so I just want to know what is the best in your opinion out there?

Thanks in advance..

Rich R.
10-17-2003, 05:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RUNaRAK:</font><hr> I am currently playing with a bungee&lt;sp?&gt; and it is o.k. but makes a tink as if something is loose when I hit with it? <hr /></blockquote>
The "tink" you hear is the phenolic tip. Any jump cue, or jump/break cue, with a phenolic tip, will make the same sound.

If you still want a new jump/break cue, two very good cues are the Omen, Gray Ghost, and Mike Gulyassy's SledgeHammer. I believe both come with phenolic tips.

Scott Lee
10-17-2003, 08:13 AM
IMO, the Stealth jump cue is the best on the market...and it comes with a leather tip. As far as break cues, I don't see a practical need for one. I break with my playing cue
($4K custom Samsara, with Talisman tip), and it shows no detriment to the cue or the tip. Part of that is learning how to break with a better stroke. Just trying to "smash" the rack will not give you the best break...and it then CAN possibly cause some damage to your cue. jmo

Scott Lee

tateuts
10-17-2003, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> IMO, the Stealth jump cue is the best on the market...and it comes with a leather tip. As far as break cues, I don't see a practical need for one. I break with my playing cue
($4K custom Samsara, with Talisman tip), and it shows no detriment to the cue or the tip. Part of that is learning how to break with a better stroke. Just trying to "smash" the rack will not give you the best break...and it then CAN possibly cause some damage to your cue. jmo

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Scott,

You say the Stealth is the best one what qualities do you look for? Is it because it's easier to jump with, or gives better control? What is it about the stealth you like?

In my pool room, they do not allow jump cues although they allow jump shots. What I'm doing is getting an extra shaft set up for my break cue (a Pechauer) with a really hard tip that I can use for jump shots. I find it easier to jump with a hard tip but I like breaking with medium tip.

Chris

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2003, 08:48 AM
"I am currently playing with a bungee&lt;sp?&gt; and it is o.k. but makes a tink as if something is loose when I hit with it?"

That tink is on the break, right? That's just what it will sound like with the tip you have, perfectly fine. If you are getting good air with the jumping section, I'd say stick with what you have and save the hunt. Otherwise I'll suggest a cue made by Jerry Powers, it breaks REAL good and jumps automatically, as well or better than either of the dedicated jumpers I now own. I'd be happy to PM you with contact info on Jerry if you are interested.

On a side note, I let a friend try my Stealth last weekend after he spotted that I "had a new cue." It wasn't really knew to me, I just switch around a lot. I told him I could hop within a balls width because it was so light, and his first "Well I don't think I can jump this, but I'll try" attempt and he said, "HEY! You're right", set the exact shot back up and got the height again. My Stealth has been retro-fitted with a Lucasi tip though,,,it fits me perfectly now. I simply can not get the leather tip to jump for me, and a phenolic replacement wasn't right either. I do jump great with a Bungee/tip though, just not the leather of any kind except for long stick jumps.

Like I said, that Bungee should be good for you. Bungees are great hopsters.

What style jumps are you making, standard or dart?

Sid

ceebee
10-17-2003, 09:51 AM
John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues in Tulsa OK. makes a great Break/Jump Cue. $225 up to whatever you want to spend. Give him a try, you'll be glad you did. poolqmakr@geotec.net

RUNaRAK
10-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Scott, Sid....etc.
Thank you for the advice. I have had the bunjee for 2 years now and did not really notice the tink before. It does seem to function fine and I could not find anything loose but appreciate your input.
I will probably stick with the bunjee for now. I condidered the Sledgehammer but hate to shell out $350 if I do not really need to. I cannot imagine that it will help me that much. I jump fine with it and normally do not even break it down to the jump but unless I have to jump a really close ball.
If I do decide to spend the cash, is the type of tip on the Sledgehammer and Omen Grey Ghost really that much of an advantage??
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Peace to all...Joe Koontz

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Joe...If you have a chance to use a microscope or even an eye loupe, look closely at the tip. I figure that it's hit a hardness zone suddenly which accented the tink, but I'd hate to say that while trusting that you yourself noticed a sudden change in the sound. It's always possible that the glue line is giving up, or that the tip is even cracked.

Did you ever say whether the tink was during the break or the jump stroke????sid

RUNaRAK
10-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Sid,
I can actually just tap the cue ball with the shaft alone and it makes a tink or clicking sound. I may need to replace the tip. Not sure who would do such a thing being that it is a specialty?? type of tip..
Any ideas.

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Naw I wouldn't change it unless it was judged for certain and losing bond. That tip will cost you maybe $20, and the install will be pricy too. Don't jump to a conclusion without looking closely at the tip, cuz it could be exactly as it is supposed to be. Both of my jumpers tink when I shoot regular with them, I expect it...sid

Braditude
10-18-2003, 12:30 AM
I recently took alesson from Jerry Powers and Randy G. in the process I puchased a Jerico thumper from Jerry Sid is 110% right there is no better on the market it was my fist break cue but I have in the last 5 years experimented with jump cues such as Frog, Bunjee ,E.Z jump and Lucasi Jumper which I approved of but found the Jerico thumper kick butt in breaking and jumping. don't worry aubout the tink it is the phenolic tip a agood thing for both applications.............Braditude

RUNaRAK
10-18-2003, 09:17 AM
I found a sledgehammer at my local PH last night. It is the bomb. Breaks like a champ and is awesome. I sucked it up and spent the cash but feel that it was a good investment. The bunjee was sweet too but I do like this a bit better. The tink is normal as Sid had said. I saw a couple of other bunjee's there and they all made the same sound.
My bunjee is on Ebay if anyone is interested. Cocobola and in excellent shape. Thanks for everyone's advice and help.

Joe /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

miko
10-18-2003, 12:25 PM
Congratulations on your new cue. Hope you could post a review of the sledgehammer after using it for a while. I'm also looking into getting one. Would like to hear more feedback from other owners.

arthur
10-18-2003, 04:22 PM
just purchased sledgehammer $290 SEYBERTS the break is fast without hitting hard so you can stay in control. I wonder if it is legal in the VNEA,or others. tip seems to be one piece/part of furrle ,looks like carbon fiber. I don't jump much/not good at it,so can't comment about the jump part

RUNaRAK
10-18-2003, 04:40 PM
Mike,
A short term review. I can jump a ball that is only 1 ball width away, yes 2.25 inches. I am not kidding. Of course it took a bit of practice but once I got it down, I am constistent already.
The break is so impressive to me as well. I do not have to crush it but the balls just explode. I plan to use mine in VNEA and know that they are improved for BCA events as well. Will give more feedback on it as I use it more. So far, I am very impressed.

Peace, Joe

Scott Lee
10-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Chris...I believe the key to the successful jump shot is part equipment, and part quality of the stroke. The lighter the cue is, the easier it is to jump a full ball. That's why you can jump with just a shaft easiest of all. However, the rules disallow that short of a cue, and require 40". The Stealth, at the full 48" length is 8 oz (which is the same weight as the Bungee at 40"). Take the back section off, and at 40", the Stealth weighs in at just 6 oz...or the weight of a ball. I like the overall length of the Steath, as it seems to make jump shots using your normal grip and stroke much easier. Many folks prefer the 'penholder' style of grip, and use a dart-type stroke. Both work well. As far as different tips for different applications...that's just one of those 'whatever works for you' things. I also prefer a hard tip...but I use a hard tip for everything.

Scott

plato 17
10-19-2003, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Chris...I believe the key to the successful jump shot is part equipment, and part quality of the stroke. The lighter the cue is, the easier it is to jump a full ball. That's why you can jump with just a shaft easiest of all. However, the rules disallow that short of a cue, and require 40". The Stealth, at the full 48" length is 8 oz (which is the same weight as the Bungee at 40"). Take the back section off, and at 40", the Stealth weighs in at just 6 oz...or the weight of a ball. I like the overall length of the Steath, as it seems to make jump shots using your normal grip and stroke much easier. Many folks prefer the 'penholder' style of grip, and use a dart-type stroke. Both work well. As far as different tips for different applications...that's just one of those 'whatever works for you' things. I also prefer a hard tip...but I use a hard tip for everything.

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Scott, the reason the Stealth jump cue is the best, is because they brough Fast Larry into Chicago and he designed it for them, gave them all of his secrets on how to make it, they follow his advice and the cue works really well and the price is affordable for all. Another contribution FL gave to the pool world. He was also behind them coming out with a Masse cue as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Popcorn
10-19-2003, 01:14 PM
If he did then he stold the basic idea from this guy. This is a scan from an ad that used to run in the Billiard news more then 10 years ago.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&amp;gid=2549764&amp;uid=1340894&amp;members=1

Scott Lee
10-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Gee Larry...That's not what Mark Stoller (the owner of Stealth) says!

Quote from Mark: "The design of the Stealth jump cues AND our new masse cue came directly from SanDiego cuemaker, Ned Morris. Ned was instrumental in all phases of initial and continuing design modifications, all the way through the manufacturing process."

Hmmm...doesn't seem to mention you anywhere, Larry! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Popcorn
10-19-2003, 03:28 PM
It is funny you mention Ned Morris because I saw him at the BCA show when he was demonstrating that cue. I mentioned to him I had a cue made the same way. I asked him if he ever saw one. He did not say no, he just said his was made from a very lite wood, like basswood or boxwood or something, I don't remember. That original cue I had when you broke it down for closer jumping was then 38 inches if I remember right. That made it too short when they created the rules governing the jump cues. I don't know why, but the maker just stopped selling them, it would have been no problem to just make it so it was legal. That ad ran for a couple of years so he must have been selling them. I have no doubt that is where Mr. Morris got the idea, but who knows and it doesn't really matter anyway. Regardless where Ned got the idea, you can be sure the cue was not designed by Larry. He may actually be going crazy from some of his recent writings.

Ralph S.
10-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Run-A-Rack....Stay away from the Frog jump cue or any in that particular line by Robin Dodson. They are junk and very poorly constructed. I have personally seen a half dozen of them put in the trash can. One of those six being one I had owned.

The Stealth is the best way to go. I own one now and am very pleased with the performance. If you really want to have some fun in your spare time, get a Stealth masse cue. Those things are really cool, fun to play around with and very affordable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

plato 17
10-19-2003, 06:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Gee Larry...That's not what Mark Stoller (the owner of Stealth) says!

Quote from Mark: "The design of the Stealth jump cues AND our new masse cue came directly from SanDiego cuemaker, Ned Morris. Ned was instrumental in all phases of initial and continuing design modifications, all the way through the manufacturing process."

Hmmm...doesn't seem to mention you anywhere, Larry! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

FL SAYS THIS: He asked to to post this for him: Mark Stoller flew me to Chicago, I spent 3 days in his office in Cary, there, I gave him all of my secrets on how to build and design a jump cue and Masse cue, plus data on my shaft secrets, their tapers and why taper does different things. I left him 3 samples. This was prior to the release of these cues. If you will call Mark, he will confirm this trip and these all day long meetings occured. The statement that was made, is true. Larry is not looking for any credit, or anything, this just happened, that is all. If Mark took Larry's advice and gave it to Ned, then so be it, as FL said, who cares, does it really matter now. Just stop calling Larry a liar on everything he says, it is getting very thin. Would you like to bet 9 million bucks this did not occur? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

plato 17
10-19-2003, 06:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr>
If he did then he stold the basic idea from this guy. This is a scan from an ad that used to run in the Billiard news more then 10 years ago.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&amp;gid=2549764&amp;uid=1340894&amp;members=1 <hr /></blockquote>

No popcorn, that is not it, FL could not find anyone who knew how to build a proper jump cue that worked, so he built his own, until he figured out what worked best. He did that in 1993. It is all about finding the proper weight, that is the real secret, and the right length. FL, was working for Mark Stoller at the time and passed on to him, what he knew on the subject. FL, later quit, Mark took what he learned from Larry and found somebody to make the cue, that is what happened. Don't make something out of this, that it not there, please. FL has been out front of all of you on this subject since 1993, that is all he wanted you to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Popcorn
10-19-2003, 08:09 PM
Larry may have been working on jump cues, but the concept was and is commonly known to all cuemakers. I don't think he knew anything everybody else had not already discovered. They just had little interest in building a $60.00 cue. I had one of the cues I showed you the ad for. A lot of players used those cues, Tommy Kennedy, Parica and bunch of them. You could jump a ball from 1 or 2 inches to as far as 3 feet with almost no effort. How much better can the cue work, it was practically automatic. Different people may accomplish the same thing through different methods with equally good results. As long as it works, that's all that matters. Often given the same problem, people will all come to the same conclusion and they may all claim to have discovered the answer first. The two piece butt on the jump cue though, that gave you different ranges you could jump, was being made before 93, maybe in the late 80s in fact. I have no reason to think Larry is lying, he just may have discovered what was already common knowledge, on his own. Some things are just obvious. People go to file patents, only to find what they thought was an original idea was made 50 years ago.

plato 17
10-20-2003, 08:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Larry may have been working on jump cues, but the concept was and is commonly known to all cuemakers. I don't think he knew anything everybody else had not already discovered. They just had little interest in building a $60.00 cue. I had one of the cues I showed you the ad for. A lot of players used those cues, Tommy Kennedy, Parica and bunch of them. You could jump a ball from 1 or 2 inches to as far as 3 feet with almost no effort. How much better can the cue work, it was practically automatic. Different people may accomplish the same thing through different methods with equally good results. As long as it works, that's all that matters. Often given the same problem, people will all come to the same conclusion and they may all claim to have discovered the answer first. The two piece butt on the jump cue though, that gave you different ranges you could jump, was being made before 93, maybe in the late 80s in fact. I have no reason to think Larry is lying, he just may have discovered what was already common knowledge, on his own. Some things are just obvious. People go to file patents, only to find what they thought was an original idea was made 50 years ago. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes popcorn, you are absolutely correct on this, Back then, nobody wanted to make or sell one, so you had to make your own. What was out there was not that good. I am sure many talented people figured this out all around the same time. I was just trying to compliment the cue, not start an argument. Fl just told Stealth what he knew on the jump and masse cues he had made on his own. He gave them all of the secrets of what made them work. They took his cues, measured them and miced them. FL wanted them to take that knowledge and go out and make them, and they did, and when they came out on the market, they were identical to FL's cues. FL has no problem with that, he quit them right after he passed on that data. They would have a problem now admitting this, because it could open it up for FL to come back on them. That is why you do not hear of him being there on this project in the beginning. FL would never do that, he left there clean, they are clean and him and Mark today are good friends and work together once more.
FL also designed the Schuler jump cue as well, and several shafts. The point is nobody has lied or mis represented anything here, not me, not FL, AND LIKE THE MAN SAID, HE WILL BE HAPPY TO BET SERIOUS MONEY ON THIS, JUST IN CASE YOU THINK HE HAS LIED.
The bottom line is the cue works, the price is right, and like it or not, it was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
10-20-2003, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote plato 17:</font><hr> and like it or not, it was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

If this is true, then I guess FL is not too bright, is he???

Sid_Vicious
10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
"Quote plato 17:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and like it or not, it was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set, Pause, Finish, Freeze!
s-sbilliards.com"

__________________________________________________ _______

Yea especially since Larry was so resistent in giving out REAL pool advice on the CB. I remember him stating that "I make my living off of this, I ain't givin' it away for free!" The recent statement: "It was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it." oddly contradicts the person within FL(IMO.) sid

Cueless Joey
10-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Puleez!
Ned Morris designed the Stealth jumper.
It's a dymondwood with a basswood core.
Best jumper around.

Sid_Vicious
10-20-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure that I agree on the best jumper around, but I will say that it does get air in a shorter piece of time at closer distances. Otherwise I've hit far more accurate jumps to make balls go down and get planned shape using a few other jumpers, the Stealth seems to lose something in the jumps you need to make the ball go down and move the CB for shape. It just seems to me that it takes more arm muscle to work the Stealth jumps since it's as lite as it is, particularly on any distance shots. I theorize this causes more room for human error than with the more balanced weights in other jumpers, of which flow into the stroke better imo. I have not tried all that many JCs mind you, customs especially, but I really have the personal opinion that given 2+ balls width, I can "more accurately" hit pockets with other JCs besides the Stealth. It would look kinda dorky, but the best of both worlds for me is to stage both the Stealth(for the close hops) and my Lucasi for the rest. I do just that when I'm horsing around with friends. Jm2c...sid

JohnBarton
10-20-2003, 08:50 PM
The Bunjee Jump-Breaker performs exactly as good as a Sledgehammer or any other break-jump cue with a zero compression tip. This is the conclusion that Mike Gulaysey and I came to at the US Open 2002.

I own one but I usually break with my playing cue because I was too lazy to use the Bunjee. Well, this past weekend at the Midwest Open after losing a couple hundred breaking with my playing cue and getting nowhere I decided to use the Bunjee Breaker and the difference was astounding. Now - I used to own Instroke, and we made the Bunjee Breaker. Even though I sold thousands of them I was to stupid to use one to help my own game.

Well people - I don't own Instroke anymore, I sold the Bunjee brand to someone else and my reccommendation comes to you as one player to another. Do yourself a favor and buy a Bunjee or a Sledgehammer or any similar cue. Don't bother with any break-jump cue that doesn't have the characteristics of the Bunjee.

http://www.bunjeejump.com Bunjee Outlet
http://www.cuevalue.com Bunjee Outlet
http://www.babysproshop.com Sledgehammer

John Barton

10-21-2003, 05:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> "Quote plato 17:
and like it or not, it was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it.

Set, Pause, Finish, Freeze!
s-sbilliards.com"

__________________________________________________ _______

Yea especially since Larry was so resistent in giving out REAL pool advice on the CB. I remember him stating that "I make my living off of this, I ain't givin' it away for free!" The recent statement: "It was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it." oddly contradicts the person within FL(IMO.) sid

<hr /></blockquote>

Sid, I never intended to make any money off of this design, I gave it to Mark Stoller in the beginning for free, I was then selling his cues, I just wanted him to have a couple more cues in the line, that was all. I quit a month later and went on to do something else. I give a lot of things away free, at the Hopkins Expo I gave away a $400 Meucci cue and a brand new $2500 pool table with a simonis cloth, yes I pleed guilty to being really dumb. You got me cold, on that one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JohnBarton
10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Ned Morris showed me the AirTime jump cue that he was making at least TWO years before he even knew Mark or Stealth. Ned Morris was at my booth when we debuted the BunjeeJumper in 1999 at the BCA Tournament in Vegas. We did a comparison then. I am convinced that the AirTime that Stealth is selling is ENTIRELY Ned's construction and design.

Yes, the concept of jump cues has been around for a long time. Joe Piccone of Florida used to make one that was fantastic, probably the one that was in the ad referenced here. There used to be a plethora of jump rods that could jump like crazy, such as the Flying Eagle, the 747 and so on. Then came the cues that could jump like the rods but allow for cueball control such as the Happy Hopper, the Bunjee, the AirTime and many other derivatives. The current crop is simply an outgrowth of ideas and concepts that have been known for many years.

I will bet 9 million that Fast Larry did NOT give Stealth the design nor the measurements of the AirTime. Well, not 9 million but I'll bet a thousand and the loser has to pay all the expense of obtaining proof.

John Barton - former owner of the Instroke and Bunjee brands.

Fred Agnir
10-21-2003, 10:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote plato 17:</font><hr> The bottom line is the cue works, the price is right, and like it or not, it was FL's idea and design and he never made a dime on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Ned Morris designed the Stealth Air Jump. It was the Ned Morris Jump Cue before it was part of the Stealth brand. There are things in the Stealth Air Jump that aren't common on other jump cues. Fast Larry did not design those things. Let's get Ned on here to see who knows more about what's in that design. Him or Larry. My bet's on Ned, the designer of the Ned Morris Stealth Air Jump.

This is yet another fine example of a delusionist trying to take someone else's idea and fool his lemmings to believe that they are his. It's all crap and is insulting to the billiard community. Any of you who believes any of it at this point aren't doing your homework.

Pop Quiz: What type of wood is the forearm (butt) of the Ned Morris Stealth Air Jump? Larry? Plato? Bueller? Bueller?

Fred &lt;~~~ will be peaceful as soon as the lies stop

Scott Lee
10-22-2003, 05:06 AM
John...I was just wondering about John Collins. From my knowledge HE was the principal owner of Instroke, along with a couple of German partners. I heard that they had split up. Are you "that" John, or someone different?

Scott Lee

Fred Agnir
10-22-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> John...I was just wondering about John Collins. From my knowledge HE was the principal owner of Instroke, along with a couple of German partners. I heard that they had split up. Are you "that" John, or someone different?

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Same guy. Different name. He's just wacky. But, he's also got his reasons.

Fred &lt;~~~ also wacky

Scott Lee
10-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks Fred! I thought maybe I'd gone "wacky" myself! LOL
John's a good guy, a good player, and I've known him for many years.

Scott

Brady_Behrman
10-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Look at www.macecues.com (http://www.macecues.com) . Give Rick Howard a call.

billiards_89
01-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Hello I break with a 3 piece sneaky pete. Hits well and jump very good. Costs about 150 new... Good Luck and Happy New Year.

Alex_Delodge
01-03-2004, 04:13 AM
Tim Scruggs makes a very reasonably priced and VERY GOOD sneaky pete jump break cue.

mworkman
01-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Speaking of jumping. I use the dart style with a cue similar to a Bungee. I find it easier to jump the balls when I don't have my bridge on the table. I just hold my bridge a few inches above the ball. This allows me to have a much longer and more powerfull stroke. When bridging from the table it seems to be too short of a stroke to get enough on it. Does anyone else do it this way? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Spiderman does it that way, but I don't think I could remain as motionless and accurate dangling my bridge hand in the air. My jumps don't require that much up close planting of the bridge hand unless I am trying to jump say a ball's width or closer(and I usually kick those, but sometimes...) These jumpers today hop so well that all it takes is a little practice, a regimented "stay still" foundation at stroke, and then allowing trust in your stroke, which should normally be a speed of about 4 on a scale or 10 on anything less than a half table jump. You don't have to pound the slate, but that seems to be the natural tendency I've noticed. Staying rock solid still is the key to most of the jump shot. Most people I see jumping who fail, jerk bigtime, or else that tip toe trying to get ultimate body height. I actually flex my knees, and I'm only 5'11".

Spiderman makes some game winning shots with your technique, but he used the shaft only for a long time before it became illegal. He was already accustomed to that stance...sid

PQQLK9
01-03-2004, 09:57 AM
I do that also with my Lucasi JC2000.

Fred Agnir
01-03-2004, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alex_Delodge:</font><hr> Tim Scruggs makes a very reasonably priced and VERY GOOD sneaky pete jump break cue. <hr /></blockquote>Last I talked to Tim, he said he no longer makes SP's.

Fred