PDA

View Full Version : Setting the stage...

Voodoo Daddy
10-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Location; So far South you think your in hell, home of Arroz con Pollo, Flipper, The MARLINS and KATO. This team has some heart, some decent pitching and above average bats but no HISTORY. The last time they won the WS <'97> it was bought...now the other team.

Location; The greatest town on planet earth. Home of Superman, 14.1, CAROLNYC and the YANKEE'S <Baseballs greatest franchise>!! Pitching, hitting and heart their specialty and all 27 championships were bought according to KATO. The YANKEE'S are the without question the better team, I cant wait...good luck KATO.

Voodoo~~~bleeds pinstripes

Kato
10-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Voodoo~~~~~~~~bleeding pinstripes.

Not extremely appealing.

Everything he said other than that "great franchise" crap is a bunch of lies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2003, 01:38 PM
I love you Kato. You pay all your debts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy<---Squish the Fish! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-17-2003, 05:36 PM
While my team (Baltimore Orioles)didn't make the playoffs,there season was over at the end of April, I think the Yankees will win in 5 games.

DG - who roots for Baltimore even though they couldn't win the World Series even if they had switched players with the Yankees

Rich R.
10-18-2003, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> DG - who roots for Baltimore even though they couldn't win the World Series even if they had switched players with the Yankees <hr /></blockquote>
Don't worry, we'll get them next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Orioles, season ticket holder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Rich R. - I keep telling myself that every year. I've watched them since the late 60's, and while we've had some great moments, (Jim Palmer hitting a homerun in the WS), we've also had lots of heartbreaks(losing to the Pirates after having a 3-1 advantage, in the WS.) I often wonder if we aren't "Cursed" as well. Even Peter Angelos couldn't "Buy" a championship like the Yankees or Marlins did a few years back.

DG - still waiting for next year.

Eric.
10-19-2003, 07:55 AM
I think that it will be closer than people think. Even though I've always been a diehard Yankees fan, born and bred here, thick and thin, I can say it with my head vs. my heart that the Marlins are a dangerous squad. Look at the way they've been winning. It's not luck. They beat the Yanks 3-2 last nite. Now some could say that the Yanks didn't have a fresh starting pitcher, but then again, the Marlins capitalized, didn't make mistakes and gone up 1-0.

Eric &gt;the Series will be won in game 6

CarolNYC
10-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Post deleted by CarolNYC

9 Ball Girl
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Here you go Carol. Read it and laugh! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

The Curse of the Bambino (http://www.bambinoscurse.com/whatis/)

CarolNYC
10-22-2003, 03:09 AM
OMG,
I hit delete on the previous post-I coulda swore I saw edit-unbelieveable!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Anyways, thanks for the website,Wendy-now I really feel sorry for them-hope the "financed play" was at least a hit:):)
Losing "hill-hill" to get into the World Series,tsk,tsk!
Carol~starting to watch baseball:):):) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif