PDA

View Full Version : Barretta is a PRO! But where's Kim Shaw?

cuechick
10-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Just looked at the braketts for the WPBA event in Canada, and saw Kim Shaw is missing, Nicole Mancini a forfeit and where has Sharon Weiss been? Davey? Anyone?
Also way to go Romana she beat Vivian, and Jenninfer Barretta won her first two which should give her final pro point! GO JENN!!!
http://www.wpba.com/cms/

p.s. Jenn will be appearing on the soap One Life to Live, Monday!!

Barbara
10-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Congrats Jennifer!!

Oh well, lost another one in my tour... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And Romana whooped up on VV!! Woohoo!!

Barbara~~~and they're BOTH from my tour!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostroke
10-17-2003, 02:21 PM
and Ellie Chang just beat S Boch handily for her first pro point-Stephanie usually beats up on the NY girls but Ellie played near perfect on her.

Ellie's frst two matches were hill-hill! She played on the weak side but managed to break and run the last rack on Lisa D'atri for the win

Liz beat Gina -Gina is out as is Jeannie Seaver.

Sharon has had a bad back and i heard both that Nicole has not been playing because Sharon isn't and also that she is just sick of it. She was supposed to call though to avoid the forfeit and the $500 entry fee. Carol Clark was hoping to get in and would have if Nicole had called. I also heard Nicole probably wont be back but Sharon will

PS_ Check your PM's

cuechick
10-17-2003, 07:38 PM
I can still remember bringing her to her first event at Champions...seems like yesterday!

Nostroke
10-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Liz beats Mng for her 2nd pro point- Didnt catch the score.
Jenn shot great and lost to Karen who missed 2 balls the whole set. Ellie is out.(Time to shop!) Sarah beat Ewa handily.

Barbara
10-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Nostroke,

What about Kim Shaw? Why wasn't she there?

Barbara

cuechick
10-18-2003, 08:56 AM
I am wondering why AZ B has no reports at all on their site?

Wally_in_Cincy
10-18-2003, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> I am wondering why AZ B has no reports at all on their site? <hr /></blockquote>

Since the WPBA has improved their website coverage, I imagine Mike found his coverage to be redundant.

Chris in NC
10-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Although it's a very familiar final 4 on the winner's side, a number of the younger talents made a great showing with Baretta, Minerich and White all finishing T-13, with Dokovic, Rousey and Nelson still alive and all guaranteed no worse than T-9.

I was quite surprised to see Ga Young Kim knocked out so early, as well as Gerda.

I think both the alternate break format and the 64 player fields with no byes have both really helped to make it easier for the talented younger players to break through with some high finishes.

I'm going way out on a limb here and predicting a Fisher - Corr final! - Chris in NC

cuechick
10-18-2003, 11:33 PM
All I see on the wpba website are the bracetts &amp; a few pics, i want details! I keep clicking over to AZ hoping for some kind of report...many people may not even know the tourney is going on if they havn't checked in here...

Nostroke
10-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Jen beat Vivian too- It was the old New York one-two!

Couple of interesings i should mention about Allison

She now has one of the, if not the HARDEST BREAKS in the WPBA. She will not always use it depending on conditions- but when she does- it is very impressive!

GYK was arm wrestling J Seaver whom she barely beat when she made the statement that Allison is a CHAMPION ARM WRESTLER!! GYK said that Allison put her down in one second!! I dont know when or where the match took place!!

While we are on GYK,she played poorly ("I play suck" )in all her matches though she did make some great banks. IM back in NY now so i dont think ill have further info on the event!