PDA

View Full Version : Comments & Suggestions Needed

Mr Ingrate
10-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I've been doing considerable work on my new Pool Tournament Director and would appreciate not only some feedback, but comments and suggestions as to what you would like to see in tournament software.

You can go to my website (http://www.davespooltools.com) and click on the Pool Tournament Director to access the documentation or just click here (http://members.shaw.ca/dsyrja/davespooltools/tptd_doc.pdf) to access the .pdf file directly.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Barbara
10-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Dave,

I finally got a chance to look at your software documentation. This looks fantastic and just the thing the Super Billiards Expo needs to run the amateur tournies. It's a PITA to update everything by hand and it takes forever to move the byes out.

I might have to have those in charge contact you. Do you think it will all be ready by the SBE next year?

Barbara

pooltchr
10-20-2003, 06:24 AM
Looks great to me. If you need testing help, I would be glad to run it on my tour and give you some feedback on it.
PM me if you want.
STeve

Mr Ingrate
10-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Barbara,

I doubt it will be ready for other than Beta testing by March of 2004. I don't like to release anything until I'm confident that bugs are at a minimum. It is humanly impossible to release error free code.

My original software, The Pool Tournament Manager, has no KNOWN bugs. That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any.

houseman
10-20-2003, 03:32 PM
Dave my friend,
As one of the original users of The Tournament Director, you have out done yourself this time. Really looks good, easy to use and does it all.
Please let me know when its ready.

Mickey "the houseman" Scott

Barbara
10-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Dave,

What's the diff between PTD and PTM?

I just might have to have Dawn Hopkins or Jerry Mazzola call you up!

Barbara

Mr Ingrate
10-20-2003, 04:49 PM
Hi Mickey,

You, bet. Thanks for your kind words.

Chris Cass
10-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Hey HM,

That beard is tooo cool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Mr Ingrate
10-20-2003, 05:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Dave,

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara,

The Pool Tournament Manager was designed basically for those one day tournaments with limited entries. While you can have more than 32 entries, it requires you manipulating various iterations of the software. The software can be downloaded from my web site and has a free activation until December 31, 2003. Once you do an install you can peruse the documentation to see some of its features and limitations, such as a maximum of 8 characters for player/team names. It was designed around a chart that fit on a computer screen. Some users projected the image onto a large screen TV.

Install the software on your system and check it out. It also uninstalls easily.

I believe playpool.com has the documentation as web pages if you do not wish to download the software.

Barbara
10-20-2003, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Dave,

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara,

The Pool Tournament Manager was designed basically for those one day tournaments with limited entries. While you can have more than 32 entries, it requires you manipulating various iterations of the software. The software can be downloaded from my web site and has a free activation until December 31, 2003. Once you do an install you can peruse the documentation to see some of its features and limitations, such as a maximum of 8 characters for player/team names. It was designed around a chart that fit on a computer screen. Some users projected the image onto a large screen TV.

Install the software on your system and check it out. It also uninstalls easily.

I believe playpool.com has the documentation as web pages if you do not wish to download the software. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah yeah yeah... RATS!!!

I/we/The Super Billiards Expo/ needs something to handle the amateur tourny inflow of over 800 for the Men's Open, about 256 for the Senior Men's, hopefully over 128 Women's and the Juniors and the 14's and Unders!

It's too tedious to be doing this thing by hand anymore!!!

It's got table assignments too??? Yeeouzaaaaa!!! Holey Schlamoley!! I want to but a copy for my tour when you're all set!

Barbara~~~doesn't want to blame Kiana anymore for the draws...

Barbara