PDA

View Full Version : Chudy Cue Arrives!

daviddjmp
10-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Right on time. He said the middle of October and I got it on the 13th. It is beautiful. 19.9 oz, Six Staggered Purple Heart points in cored ebony handle (maple dowel inside, like Capone) with the point design inverted in the butt. Black leather wrap.The workmanship on this cue is fabulous. His newer ring design (elegant sterling silver dots) all places and a G-10 glass epoxy pin. Both shafts are 12.9 mm, ivory ferrules, with a beautiful finish, triangle tips.

The cue plays beautifully. Vibration-free solid hit. I played with it for the first time in my straight pool league yesterday, with a five-minute warm up, no time to realy get used to it. I played well and had more cueball control then I ever experienced with my Schon, Pechauer, Predator, Sharpshooter, etc.

One very cool thing:

He made my cue as part of a batch for a show he left for the next day in Chicago. He told me that although the point design in my cue was one of his standard ones, the point and ring combination has only been done in 3 or 4 of his cues. He said the timing was great because my cue was photographed by the new editor of the Blue Book and will appear in the 3rd edition.

I am a happy camper.

UWPoolGod
10-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Congrats that is super cool. I have hit with my new custom without the finish on the forearm. Hits great. My maker just needs to finish the forearm and put my wrap on it, which he was supposed to do this weekend...so I should have mine today or tomorrow at the latest. Can't wait. The finished buttcap looked amazing. Enjoy your Chudy...my friend has a sneaky and loves it.

rukiddingme
10-20-2003, 01:20 PM
pictures please... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif