PDA

View Full Version : Cue Tip

My9
10-19-2003, 01:12 PM
What type of tip are the pros using? I'm using a new soft Moori but it is not as good as the old medium Moori's. I used to be able to do a full table draw on a 9' table corner to corner but since Moori moved to factory production these tips won't do it.

Rod
10-19-2003, 05:40 PM
You name it, they use it. The tip just makes contact with the c/b. The stroke delivers the goods. If it doesn't draw back, the goods wasn't delivered.

~~~ Rod, delivers the goods with a stroke, using a WB

plato 17
10-19-2003, 05:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote My9:</font><hr> What type of tip are the pros using? I'm using a new soft Moori but it is not as good as the old medium Moori's. I used to be able to do a full table draw on a 9' table corner to corner but since Moori moved to factory production these tips won't do it. <hr /></blockquote>

Buy a triangle tip, go take a lesson on the draw from somebody who knows how to teach it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ras314
10-19-2003, 06:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> You name it, they use it. The tip just makes contact with the c/b. The stroke delivers the goods. If it doesn't draw back, the goods wasn't delivered.
<hr /></blockquote>

My opinion also. I have a Talisman soft layered pig tip on one 314 shaft and a layered hard WB on another. Can't tell one draws any better than the other but like the hit from the hard tip better.

Sure are a lot of little things with the stroke that often go wrong for me, especially with long draws that require a hard hit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif