PDA

View Full Version : Frozen ball fouls

Wally_in_Cincy
10-20-2003, 08:08 AM
From cheesemouse "weekend assignment" thread:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr>
.......I softly rolled the two into the frozen three,...the ref called a no rail foul....<hr /></blockquote>

We had a discussion about this a while back. The situation is the object ball hitting a frozen ball and nothing else hits a rail. There was some disagreement whether this was a foul.

I believe the consensus at the time was that is was truly a foul but depending on the participants in the game, calling it a foul could result in an argument, or worse yet, a donnybrook.

So now we are all in agreement that it is indeed a foul? Do I understand correctly?

TIA

Popcorn
10-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Assuming I understand your question right, you would have to have known it was going to happen before the shot. A ball is not frozen till it is agreed upon before the shot it is frozen. You can't just guess whether the ball was frozen or not later. If it was not called frozen before hand it is not a frozen ball.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-20-2003, 08:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> ....If it was not called frozen before hand it is not a frozen ball. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes. I understand that. The scenario assumes the ball has been called frozen.