PDA

View Full Version : Current Fraud on E-Bay

tateuts
10-21-2003, 01:22 PM
There are some totally fradulent ads springing up on E-Bay.

Here's one (it will probably be cancelled by E-Bay soon because it's being reported):

E-Bay Ad (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3633141214&category=21 568)

What they're doing is copying cue photo's from Mad Mike's Meucci site at A-1 discount and trying to sell his cues. This one even had a photo of Mike!

Never buy a cue from a zero or low feedback seller. Also, I wouldn't buy anything from anyone who doesn't take Paypal or credit cards - it's an underrated layer of protection you want.

Chris

cycopath
10-21-2003, 02:24 PM
The dumbass just copy pasted the description, apparently. It still says at the bottom, "Its not for sale so save your dime."

What a moron.

UWPoolGod
10-21-2003, 02:51 PM
That's pretty funny...not only would I not buy from a 0 rated person...I wouldn't buy a Meucci LOL. Especially one supposedly valued at $2500. That ad is like the guy selling a picture of a Balabushka for the same price as the cue. Or the guy who was selling one pound of Copper and sent a pound of pennies.

Carlton31698
10-23-2003, 11:59 AM
I was going to buy that cue for fire wood! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif oh well

eg8r
10-23-2003, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never buy a cue from a zero or low feedback seller. <hr /></blockquote> Never is a harsh word to use. I suggest the buyer beware and be cautious. There are plenty of legitimate, honest people coming to Ebay everyday to sell their goods for the first time. Blanket statments like the quoted one above will do nothing to help these guys out.

eg8r

justbrake
10-23-2003, 05:22 PM
Never buy a cue from a zero or low feedback seller

I agree with eg8r, I have seen this comment yesterday and dissagree, I have looked @ some of your purchases(tateuts) and I see you do very good on ebay but not to give a newbie a chance /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

tateuts
10-23-2003, 05:47 PM
I shouldn't have used the term "never", but I will not buy from a zero feedback seller. If you choose to buy from zero feedback sellers, your risk is greatly magnified.

Most of the sellers have at least bought some items on E-Bay - so they have some feedback. A zero feedback seller should be a red flag. There are ways to check people out, e-mailing and what have you - just be very cautious with low feedback sellers. Also, be cautious with foreign registered names, with little or no feedback.

At lot of us on E-Bay will spot the fraud like the one I've shown above. If E-Bay won't close off their ad, which happens all the time despite reporting, we might take matters into our own hands (I've reported the one above a couple of days ago - he's still going strong). We might protect other would be buyers by bidding up their items or e-mailing the bidders that the item is a fraud.

However, the frauds are mostly perpetrated by zero feedback sellers and zero feedback buyers (using stolden credit card information) a lot of which are registered in foreign countries, including Canada.

E-Bay's fraud reporting is pretty bad, so don't count on them to help you.

Chris

tateuts
10-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Well, they finally took that clown's ad off E-Bay. I reported him 2 days ago and asked Mad Mike to report him as well.

Sheesh

Chris

justbrake
10-23-2003, 06:00 PM
I have had 2 bad experinces on ebay but they both were with good feedbacks that turned bad -1 had no negs, and 87 pos and just posted alot and took everybody and he was registerd for 2 1/2 years on ebay, just can't trust everybody but not to give a newbie a chance is not right,we all started some where, like the other day I was bidding on a schon cue and somebody warned me to get out that he was trying to dump a stick and i did but i'm a little sorry that i did because it went cheap and you know the seller(tatiues) it was your last purchase that you bought from , and he doesn't have any bad feedbacks,but you never know! but not to give a new comer a chance well!